Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,221 to 35,240 of 96,483

Heavyarms55

So YouTube, on its homepage, seems to try to suggest "topics" of videos for me to watch. It works hilariously badly generally. Example: for some reason they suggested the Final Fantasy topic for me - which, fine I do like Final Fantasy. But the first video was a Dragon Quest video.

Also, I watched one Dragon Ball video recently and for the last two weeks YouTube has had like 80% of my general recommendations be other Dragon Ball videos - I don't even like DB very much.

Also since I occasionally watch videos about repairing game consoles, I get all sorts of recommendations for reviews of Chinese piracy machines. Because... I guess they break often and someone apparently cares enough to fix them?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

They recommended me nursery rhymes and Elsagate type content after I spent a few hours watching videos about snake breeding and care.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@NotTelevision I'm with @bimmy-lee: Virtua Racing is on my to buy list, and besides that, I'm keeping at least one eye on anything that M2 might potentially bring us in the near future. But I also recently bought the Sega Genesis Mini, so I'm already sorted either way...

As for the Dreamcast: did you know that there's plenty of sites that still offer replacement parts? So, it's actually relatively easy to replace your faulty drive with a refurbished or even new one. I've seen a couple on eBay, here they are:

Alternatively, you could also do an SD card slot modification, or even a USB Drive mod. That way, you can circumvent having to use the disc drive altogether. Would be an enormous waste to let the Dreamcast gather dust simply because the drive doesn't work anymore...

@Ninfan Well, on here, for one, and like Anti-Matter said, on YouTube. There's plenty of dedicated Nintendo channels on there.

@ThanosReXXX where can I find gameplay videos of switch games on nintendo life

Ninfan

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Thanks man! Great win today. I can honestly say this current team brings me more joy than any team they’ve fielded since they moved to IN, and a big part of that is because most people counted them out when the Stanford Nerd suddenly retired. They may not win the Super Bowl (they’re totally going to because I’m a fan(atic)), but they’ve won my heart for sure. Do you follow da Bears?

@Tyranexx - I love the smell of napalm at a haunted house. What’s wrong with people? Any chance I get to BYON, I’m totally gonna bring enough for me and everyone else. Nothing better than a napalm party, a responsible napalm party of course. Don’t want to get too crazy and blow up the block.

@ThanosReXXX - I’ve mentioned I’m not the biggest racer fan, but man that game is just mesmerizing. I spent so much time in my yout (as the cool people around here like to say) racing, improving lap times, and just watching the replays on a loop. I’m usually pretty bad at racing games even with a good driving record in real life, but I just “got” that game and could do well. Why was it so cool to pit stop? I don’t know, but I loved it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
"where can I find gameplay videos of switch games on nintendo life ?"

Just straightly go to Youtube , type the title you want to watch and enjoy the video.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee congrats dude. At least it's been fun to watch them, whether they go all the way or not. Believe it or not, lived here my whole life but I'm a life long Vikings fan 😜. My buddies give me ALOT ALLOT of crap for it lol. I've just always been a purple people eater guy, and So has my dad. Which is probably why I like then in the first place.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Oh boy, yep, I’m sure your buddies give you a lot of crap. At least you’re not a Packers fan though. You guys have had an amazing couple weeks, looking like a real contender now after some ups and downs to start the season. Nothing better than watching football with the old man though, so you’re fine by me being a Vikings fan. Skol! I have no real issue with them, so I’ll make MIN my NFC team this year for you.

Moss has always been my favorite non Colts WR. I got to see him and Culpepper play an epic MNF game against the Colts live in 03. He was the most impressive athlete I’ve seen play in person. He looked like an antelope galloping down the field. He ran so fast, so effortlessly. It was a great game, MIN got up big in the first half, and 18 brought us back in the 2nd half for a big home win.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I think I remember watching that game at my buddies. Randy moss is one of favorite players for sure. In fact , I rocked my purple moss jersey all day today. It sucks, back in the day, I had a largely over sized Warren moon and cris Carter jersey, but I have no idea where they went. I wouldve easily fit in them today if i still had them 😠. I've been considering getting a white thielen jersey for some time now. The dude is so gritty I love it. And fyi, I've always like the Colts, so i find myself rooting them when im tuned into one of their games. Always a big egerin and Marvin guy!

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Uhhh, tugging at my heartstrings mentioning 32 and 88. I’ll be forever heartbroken that Edge tore up his knee and was never quite the same after. That stinks about losing track of the Moon and Carter jerseys, you’d have quite a collection. For the current team, you can’t go wrong with Thielen. I love watching that guy play. You could always go the classic route with Peterson, Randle, Winfield, or Cook. You’ve had a lot of great players on both sides of the ball. I was jumping up and down screaming when Keenum hit Diggs for the Minneapolis Miracle because I hate the Saints and had money on MIN in that game. One of the greatest postseason finishes ever.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Nope! It's highly regulated; customers only fire at wooden targets. A special one, when hit, blows up and shoots a thousand rounds of fireworks. The local dogs cower for a straight week after that.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Oh first world problems in the extreme! I get a day off and think "Okay! For once I'm gonna go out and actually go outside and do things! I'm not gonna spend all day at home, for once! Let's check what the weather is gonna be!"

Rain. All day rain.

insert picture of grumpy cat here

Eel

I started a new file on my brother's Let's go Pikachu to have the bonus in Pokemon Shield.

I assume I just need a plain save file, so I probably don't really need to actually play the game.

Yet, I just spent an entire hour combo chaining Oddish in the first route and got a shiny before my first battle...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

I think he means the 100, 95, etc, after each game, @Anti-Matter ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Appreciated. That was pretty much me earlier today.

@StableInvadeel Wait, what bonus from Let's Go? How have I not heard of it?! Do you have a link?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Cissero

Anybody played Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, and can tell me if the levelling system feels like as if you're playing an MMO? And how relevant is the levelling for the progress of the game?

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Oh, clearly I wasn't paying enough attention. Well I get my fat Pikachu.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic