Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,221 to 35,240 of 37,047

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, okay. Interesting yet kind of damning at the same time, because that would even make it less likely that they would know what to do with those golden "communication discs" affixed to our space exploring probes.

Then again: we simple Earthlings also deciphered most of the ancient texts and scripts of civilizations pre-dating our own, so maybe there's still some hope left...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

StableInvadeel

Isn't area 51 where they keep and test new airship technologies? I'd say that's worth keeping secret.

Even on recent videos from YouTubers who visited to cash in on the meme you could sometimes see test flights in the background. So it's clearly still operational.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Organic Companion Shield.

@ThanosReXXX - I want something to be there, but if I were wagering, my money would be on us doing/dumping/testing something truly horrible out there, and now we have to protect people from it so they don’t get exposed and turn into mutant hill folk. @Heavyarms55 mentioned the probability that we’d admit “Aliens!” over admitting that someone else was more technologically advanced, which I’ll take a step further and say there are probably many things we could do to or find within the Earth that would be more unsettling to people than the existence of extra terrestrials. What if Area51 is a cover for a Titan fossil dig?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Yes!!! Organic Companion Shield!

I’d like to pretend that Area 51 has dinosaurs.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Oh, I never really thought there would be any alien corpses or whatever over there, but secret military inventions and covert operations? Definitely.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

If it's just sending probes, @Heavyarms55 .... There's still the time they'd take to get here, so it's more likely they'd be on the way than already here
That's probably a lot more likely than aliens actually visiting, though
It's required for the alien visits, @ThanosReXXX or probes, even

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM I thought the discussion was if there is life equal and/or comparative to our own out there, whether or not it be humanoid. Not if they have the ability for interstellar travel within relatively short periods of time.

NEStalgia

@Daniel36 That's kind of disturbing though. Rich, famous, and "government protected" things can simply be "missing" from the "we see every thing all the time" Google Maps....but everyone and everything else can't hide. Whoever has the most power, status, money, or governmental status is exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else, now on a digital scale, with the ability to disappear. All tech does is separate the special from the masses further and further to the point we no longer live in the same society. While there's obvious reason not to put giant targeting coordinates on military bases for the world to see, any enemy capable of hitting them is also capable of finding them without the need to ask Google.....

@Heavyarms55 Only trouble with sleeper ships is, depending on the distance, you don't actually know if it's actually still there by the time you get there, since what you saw was from centuries or millennia go, from telescopes.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Well, yes & no, @ThanosReXXX. ... All well & good if they exist a long way away, so we can't even see them or anything! So, covering how we'd find out & answering the why we haven't seen them, etc, adds in the other parts

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Meanwhile, our astronomers are all going nearly berserk with joy, because a meteor from another galaxy is about to enter ours and pass right by the Earth. Of course, "right by" in astronomer's terms, which still means several millions of miles...

@BruceCM Well, for now, that's up to V'ger.

Let's see if you get the origins of that one...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia What, like Aerosmith?

@HobbitGamer Sheesh, I'd rather be stuck in an elevator, listening to muzak for an hour or two...
You've no idea how many times I had to listen to that crap, wannabe Jan Hammer tune while I was a junior call center agent at the start of my career.

BruceCM

Star Trek, @ThanosReXXX .... Although I'm afraid I don't remember exactly which film or episode covered it

SW-4357-9287-0699

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I can imagine. We use a Cisco VOIP setup for the agency, so I feel your pain.

Our EHR platform is down. Again. Ironically, I had already spent the morning organizing, digitizing, and filing any paperwork I had, before the system went down. So I've got nothing to do but play games and surf the web.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM And you're on to the next round! Well done, sir.
It's from the first movie, Star Trek - The Motion Picture:

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Cue inappropriately lush romantic music.

You mean like these songs ??

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, now you can be stuck in an elevator listening to those two songs!

I think I'm gonna go to Sonic's down the street and get a chili dog.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer I listen to these acronyms and paperwork you discuss regularly and I think I've determined your identity. You work for Initech, don't you?

@Anti-Matter No. No I don't... I meant sweeping orchestral melodies that were always awkwardly at odds with the rest of the events going on in the scene of the movie like the B-grade low budget film it was.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, seems like I have to correct myself here: it was just in the news again and it's not a meteor but a comet, and it comes from another solar system, instead of from another galaxy, like I said earlier.

It will make a one-time trip past our sun, on the 7th of December, after which it will never return to our solar system again. It will do this at an approximate speed of 30 kilometres per second, which translates to approximately 18.6 miles per second. And the distance to Earth will be a mere 290 million kilometres/180 million miles...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic