Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,201 to 35,220 of 96,305

Sunsy

@Ninfan I'm over here in the US, sorry if I'm not British, but hello from overseas anyway! It's pretty much night time where I live.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

Wait, there are Engladesh people here?!? I thought every website is Mercian? I know there’s an Indoneeshan guy who hangs around, an adopted Dutchmaster, and at least one person from Porto Reeco, but I don’t think there’s any United Kingdomers.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Yeah not a bad game at all, but one that was overhyped. I think it might come down to the presentation wearing a bit thin by the 5th hour in the game, and the game not taking any risks with the metroidvania setup. The combat also lacks the “impact” of your Castlevanias and Hollow Knights.

I was also really disappointed with the ending. It reversed the message I thought the game was trying to get across and came off as sappy.

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the suggestion. Would love to butcher the song and put it up on YouTube, but libations will need to be in order. Got some friends busy making music with their so called “band”, but I’ll have to break into their practice session and sing a real masterpiece.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision with you for sure. Again, it was a good game, but didn't knock my socks off. After playing 2 metroidvanias back to back, I can honestly say gaucamelee 2 was superior.

Edit: to all you chit chatters. Just watched the movie Eli. Wow, what a whirlwind. Not as good as hereditary but up there for sure.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee She doesn't scare easily, but I did want her to have a good time! I hit up many of my fellow cast members beforehand with her name and picture. Her and her friends had a good time lol.

We had a VERY busy evening with few breaks between groups (roughly every 90 seconds) until near the end. I don't know tonight's count yet, but we had over 500 admissions about an hour before we closed and definitely moved a fair few people after that.

We also had another genius use a lighter to try and see, by the way. Facepalm

Anywho, bedtime for me. It's almost 1 AM. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Ninfan wrote:

Anyone seen any British nintendo life users around 🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋

Yeah, me.... As for recommending the Lite, it was after he'd mentioned that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NotTelevision

I’m sure this is a topic that has been explored on other forums, but I’m curious what everyone’s take is on Sega Ages. I’ve played most of the 16-bit Sega games that grabbed my interest at this point, and I’ve only played most of the 3-D ones in the arcade. I do have a Dreamcast, but the optical disc drive broke so I can’t play anything on it anymore. Me nor any of my friends had a Saturn as well, so that library is largely unfamiliar to me.

I plan on getting the Panzer Dragoon remake when it comes out, and maybe House of the Dead if it is a good price, but it’s weird that Sega is just fracturing their releases like that. Do you think we are going to need to wait for all the 3-D Sega games to be remade, or are M2 going to just emulate most of the originals as part of Ages? I can’t tell at this point.

I’d love to just play the older games with a few bells and whistles here and there, but looks like either a long wait or non prospect now.

NotTelevision

Sunsy

@NotTelevision I've only played the Sega Ages version of Sonic the Hedgehog for a bit, still have plans to get Virtua Racing and Puyo Puyo. It's been awhile since I've touched it, the Sega Ages version of Sonic adds spin dash (IIRC, the GBA and 3DS ports added this too) and the newer drop dash from Sonic Mania was added in.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - These amateurs and their lighters, sheesh. Don’t they know a backpack blow torch would be much brighter? Better yet, they could just drive through in their cars. High beams, bam, they could see everything. You would think these haunted houses could find it in their budget to buy a few light bulbs. What’s up with that? They’re always so dark.

@NotTelevision - There are two basic rules I try to follow in life: Never try to understand Sega, and never match wits with a Sicilian when death isth on the line (unless you’ve happened to slowly build a tolerance to iocane powder over the course of years for just such an occasion). I think M2 has a big library of games on other consoles they could potentially bring to Switch, but who knows? I don’t have any Ages titles yet, though I do want to grab Virtua Racing. They haven’t really released anything I haven’t played a LOT/would buy over an indie game I want more.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@Sunsy Yeah I got Sonic 2, Outrun, and Thunder Force IV. All great games and fantastic emulation. I’ve had Puyo Puyo Tetris for a while now and still have yet to master technique of chaining those pesky puyos. I’ve been wanting to pick up Virtua Racing, but really prefer Daytona USA so I was holding on hope for that one. M2 did a great job with the controls for Sonic. Took me a while to figure out where I was going in those levels, but who care when you see those graphics and your dancing a jig to Chemical Plant theme.

@bimmy-lee 😂 Nuff said. Sega hasn’t extorted me unwillingly yet, so at least they got that. I’ve got some Dreamcast games with the title written in black Sharpie on the front. Never got a knock on the door yet, but I’m not counting my blessings.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Sunsy

@NotTelevision I don't believe M2 emulates the Sega Ages or 3D series of games, they put a lot of work into porting them. I saw a really good documentary on YouTube awhile back about them called M2: Complete Works. Really worth a watch if you like M2's work.

Nice to see someone else who likes Daytona USA. I played the arcade version at a bowling alley a long time ago, and even have the Dreamcast port. One of my favorite racing games.

Ninfan

@BruceCM there's nearly a million users on nintendo life, where are they??? I was on a different forum ( retro gamer ) I saw an old thread from year 2014 it said forums are not been used much anymore . Is that where they are. But I've been on here two years and teres been nearly 200,000 new users in that time.

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Talk to us.
You don't need to find British users if you want to say something.

"where can I see gameplay of switch games ?"
Youtube

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
Talk to us.
You don't need to find British users if you want to say something.

"where can I see gameplay of switch games ?"
Youtube

@Anti-Matter yeah your better than anyone to talk too, as your in the japan/nintendo region but 200,000 new users in two years that must be a record. Where are they? I just think its strange that's all

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee saw your Colts won again today. Looking good. I honestly thought they were done this year when luck announced his retirement.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

StableInvadeel wrote:

9 out of every 10 users that join this site are either spam accounts or Pokemon go players.

Accurate.

@bimmy-lee I know! We spent all this time adding the side experience for motorcycle riders, plus it's BYON (Bring Your Own Napalm). Nobody EVER remembers that!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision I'm with @bimmy-lee: Virtua Racing is on my to buy list, and besides that, I'm keeping at least one eye on anything that M2 might potentially bring us in the near future. But I also recently bought the Sega Genesis Mini, so I'm already sorted either way...

As for the Dreamcast: did you know that there's plenty of sites that still offer replacement parts? So, it's actually relatively easy to replace your faulty drive with a refurbished or even new one. I've seen a couple on eBay, here they are:

Alternatively, you could also do an SD card slot modification, or even a USB Drive mod. That way, you can circumvent having to use the disc drive altogether. Would be an enormous waste to let the Dreamcast gather dust simply because the drive doesn't work anymore...

@Ninfan Well, on here, for one, and like Anti-Matter said, on YouTube. There's plenty of dedicated Nintendo channels on there.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@BruceCM there's nearly a million users on nintendo life, where are they??? I was on a different forum ( retro gamer ) I saw an old thread from year 2014 it said forums are not been used much anymore . Is that where they are. But I've been on here two years and teres been nearly 200,000 new users in that time.

They’re all in the cupboard, next to the good dinner plates.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic