Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,141 to 35,160 of 96,319

BruceCM

Yeah but I'd have to get it for Switch, @bimmy-lee .... I almost certainly will, anyway On a related note, I haven't heard anything about SMT V for Switch for a long time

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee wrote:

A circle is my favorite shape. While I rarely see it in the natural world...

Look up, bimmy! Up there in the sky! It's not a bird, it's not a plane, and it's most certainly not an alien humanoid in spandex. IT'S..... THE SUN!!!

And in the evening, we have the moon.
There you go: frequently occurring circle shapes in nature sorted...

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you on the whole young people dying being as it should, though. Obviously, it depends on the situation, and nature is simply quite harsh and doesn't care about whether or not you've actually had a chance to live a life or not, much less a good life, but regardless of that, my heart breaks every time when I see little children suffering and subsequently dying from some kind of horrible, incurable disease. And the same goes for young people.

Parents are not supposed to bury their children, unless there's a war going on, which is equally senseless, but at least it's a valid reason for why people could die young. Random chance with horrible diseases isn't.
(I know that the chances of dying in a war are also random, but I'm assuming you'll get the point)

And as a (former?) church-goer, you'll probably have heard this being said once or twice in your life, and which is something which I truly and utterly hate and despise: when people are SO invested in their religion, that when they lose a young child, they start blurting out nonsense like: "well, at least she's now happy and God's little angel, so it's all good" or something similar. Even though you just KNOW that each and every parent will hurt like there's no tomorrow, when something like that happens.

I would NEVER be able to comfort myself with a silly notion like that. To me, it's so gullible and simplistic.
I honestly mean no offense to true believers, but this specific type of mitigating grief or handling grief is definitely not my cup of tea, to put it mildly...

On a side note: leave it up to Anti to fubar an existential and serious discussion with some highly disposable euro-trash...

@NotTelevision Why, thank you. Very kind. Bimmy is not entirely on board yet, though. Or is he?
I'm liking your Pearl Jam version of Circle of Life. Someone's gonna have to make a YouTube cover of that, so I'm now REALLY hoping that you have some musical friends or family members, or that you're perhaps already following one of these YouTube pop stars, so we can put in a request...

@Anti-Matter Not really. I still find it juvenile, and it's in that distinct late 80's, early 90's fake techno-pop style that I truly despise. Completely disposable and infinitely forgettable euro-trash.

On a side note: the band is called "E-Rotic", so that should have already given you a clue, especially in combination with the song title.

@BruceCM No, it wasn't. It was Anti, wanting to know the meaning of one of her song titles.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Ninfan Well, you'll never find out unless you use something that I know which actually IS there in the forums on Nintendo Life, and that is the "search" function. And that is also what it's there for, so search first, ask questions later, if you REALLY can't find it...

@ThanosReXXX I did search but could not find one. Do you watch any topic about pc here ??

Ninfan

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Those are two circles, and they’re the driving force of the natural world, but those are the only circles I routinely see, and I look for them.

Yeah, I don’t want to minimize the devastation of a young person dying at all. It’s the worst possible thing.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

Blech, I almost always immediately regret talking about this. @HobbitGamer , can you please post something funny to help slide my last post towards previous page oblivion? Not that I’m trying to silence a response @ThanosReXXX , I just want my TMI to go away. Just felt like it was part of explaining my beliefs per our discussion.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan No, not really. I do play games on my PC sometimes, but I'm WAY behind the times with my Vista tower, so I'm definitely not one to ask. @NEStalgia might be a little bit more up to date, though, so by me now having tagged him, I hope he'll be able to help you out, even though he's also become more of a console gamer.

@bimmy-lee I'm still calling broken or half circle, though... A "life line" doesn't have to be a straight one, necessarily, and I suppose that very word is responsible for a lot of people indeed viewing it as walking or moving along a straight line into infinity, but obviously, that's just a metaphor and not so much a proven scientific fact...

EDIT:
Forgot to mention the underlying reason for my way of looking at it, which is an total and absolute disbelief in the whole "fated" concept, as in: things go as they are supposed to go. Maybe for some things around us, mostly inanimate or intangible things, but I firmly believe that we choose our own path, so the whole Final Destiny thing is completely lost on me as well. Entertaining movies to some point, at least the first two, three, but utter BS in real life. I and ONLY I, decide where I go, what I do, how I get there, and what I'll be willing to invest, effort-wise, to make that happen

But I'll drop the point here. I feel no necessity to drive mine home, and I respect your different stance on things. In the end, it's all theoretic anyway, and unless there truly is some kind of alternate plane that the soul moves to, we'll never be the slightest bit more knowledgeable about it than we are now.

As for the TMI part: understood, man. Feel free to edit your comment, so the TMI stuff is removed. I get the point, and I respect your stance on it and on how you'd like others to respond to that, so I'll happily honor that request.

On a side note: I was going to post a somewhat serious comment about a rather impactful (MASSIVE understatement) movie I saw yesterday, but in light of current developments, I'll save it for later, because it wasn't exactly a happy, happy, joy, joy movie...

So, it might be for the better as well. And like they say: there's no such thing as coincidence...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Oh, God. Not the Minions...

bimmy-lee

Bananarama.

@ThanosReXXX - Thanks man, just did the edit. It felt important to our conversation, but it doesn’t need to be out there forever. As long as you saw it. This was a discussion for me, not a debate per se. I find your thoughts (and others) interesting, but I wasn’t trying to convince you of anything, and I appreciate the talk we had. Don’t hold a different discussion back in my accord. Did you watch The Good Son starring McCauley Culkin?

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

The Hobbit signal was flashed!

Any time I see a commercial for SunSetter Retractable Awnings, I laugh and pretend I’m mouthing a different price than what I’m saying, just like the commercial.

Oh and when I was getting my Lite awhile ago, the store staff were talking about their knees over extending and told them that’s what they get for being stupid Turians. One got it, and laughed so much they had to walk away.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Thanks for responding to the signal. Those Sunsetter commercials are pure gold. I loooove how they show how easy they are to use by showing an older woman unfurling one. “See, even your grandma can use one! It’s THAT easy. Not nearly as difficult as a compuper.” Cool, you got a Lite. I saw them at Target earlier this week, but they didn’t have a floor model to hold. I really want to get my kits in one to see how they feel. Been doing a lot more handheld since the NFL season started last month. I like sitting at the table with the game on the iPad, a Switch in hand, and a cold beer within reach.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Added an edit to the previous comment, so if you scroll up a bit, you'll be able to complete the picture with some added perspective.

As for the post I wanted to make, and not to make it even more mysterious, but let's just say I've got my own TMI going on right now, as I've already hinted at a couple of days ago, so I'm still gonna leave it for a bit later, because I'm actually still processing things, which is kinda why I mentioned the "no such thing as coincidence" part, because I was actually already having second thoughts about posting it now, before you came in with the whole personal story.

And even though the movie has nothing whatsoever to do with the personal things I'm currently going through, it still had a rather significant effect on me, mostly because of the whole uber-empathy thing, and in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have been watching it, in the state I was already in, but sometimes a story is SO gripping, that it just grabs you by the you-know-whats, and it won't let you go until the credits start to roll.

So, let's set sail for other shores for now, I'll get back to this adventure somewhere in the next couple of days.

SheldonRandoms

Fun fact: Jason Voorhees prepares himself with waffle fries.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I just checked The Good Son, and looking at the trailer, and the ratings, that comes nowhere NEAR what I watched yesterday. Not even close. Like I said: MASSIVE impact. Well, on "feels" people like me anyway.

We're talking multiple award-winning Euro-drama here. But that's all you're getting for now.
(sorry about the continuous use of smileys. I know how you feel about them, but without the normal means of conveying intent, such as in face to face conversations, it's the only way for me to maintain at least a modicum of my mysterious and sometimes sarcastic/dark, tongue in cheek nature in online discussions)

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, yep, The Good Son is really bad. I can definitely sit through the first couple Final Destination movies, though I’m in agreement about destiny. Setting a course for Beer Island as we speak. Just a couple chores left to complete, and I’ll be there.

@SheldonRandoms - That’s interesting. Since it doesn’t appear that he eats people, I’ve often wondered how he sustains himself. Good to know, because I’ve always just assumed campfire food like hot dogs and s’mores.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BruceCM

I definitely recommend a Lite Switch, @bimmy-lee .... Witcher 3 looks awesome & runs well on mine

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Damn, even talking about all this movie feels and impact stuff is making my initial thoughts on it re-surface again. Enough of that! It's the weekend, so high time for this:
Untitled
"El plato de snacks Holandeses, acompañado por una Bacardi Cola"
(edit: I hope I got that at least marginally right, @StableInvadeel)

And while I'm at it, I'll also bring in the badgers for some light-hearted, yet still entrancingly and slightly psychotic fun:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

I VERY nearly caved for an Amazon deal yesterday(?) that was running for the normal Switch with the better battery; it was briefly down to $275 IIRC. Must...resist...just...a...little...longer....Twitching

On the topic of bananas... =3 (Apologies in advance)

@ThanosReXXX @bimmy-lee Unfortunately, as with the lady with the dog, you can only do so much about peoples' idiocy....

It is possible that they might have been on something too. Guests are subtly screened by the line actors before getting into the house itself, but they are let in if they aren't deemed to be unruly; this doesn't eliminate some people that may be high or inebriated in some way as long as they aren't there to cause trouble. Some groups that may be borderline usually end up with a member of the outside staff as a chaperone during their full walkthrough.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Between you, me, the badgers and the dancing bananas, I think we've successfully managed to steer clear of the sea of sorrow and TMI for now...

And yeah, I suppose there's only so much you can do to prevent certain people from doing unexpected things. That lady with the tucked away dog was pretty close to comedy gold, though...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic