Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,221 to 34,240 of 96,490

Tyranexx

Yep, I was gonna read/reply earlier but kept encountering bad gateway errors. At first it was just the forums, but the whole site broke for me for a little while after that. Kinda figured something was up with the server. Migrations can have teething issues sometimes.

@ThanosReXXX Haha, same! No issues with the advancements they've made. They just gotta be careful with the AI.

@NEStalgia I'm not sure how Camilla equals Audrey in your book. I don't personally know Audrey but have never had any major issues with her. I normally like her bubbly personality.

I agree with Ryu (I'd tag her but am also gonna respect her request above) on her physical assessment of Camilla's appearance. I have no problem with ladies being busty as there are some who naturally are IRL, but the whole revealing clothing thing takes it a bit too far IMO.

I don't agree with her on Camilla's personality assessment, but that's more up to my own personal tastes. I have no problem with psychopathic characters, but I prefer cases like Dr. Lector. Camilla's personality just doesn't quite click with my interests.

I also haven't played the games in Japanese, so it could very well be that something was lost in translation when the games were localized. And as mentioned before, I've only played through one route in FE Fates so far.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

All I know is that she's the best at timed KO missions in Fire Emblem Warriors.

And I respect that.

Interestingly, her maid alternate costume is less revealing than her main armor.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - All my nostalgia lies in the three button controller, and those pics in the hardware review were gorgeous, but I do agree with @RedderRugfish above that the six button was great and felt like true 1:1 arcade action at the time with the rolling d-pad. I kind of feel like I’m talking myself into a mini, but I have to resist because I could be playing Evander Holyfield “Real Deal” Boxing at home after about 15-20 minutes of shuffling things around and cursing.

@Tyranexx - I’d love to come to your haunted attraction! Truth is, we only got out Saturday after a week and a half of planning and making sure we could have kid coverage with my parents. We still haven’t worked out an at home babysitter situation. We’re on the eastern border as well, and a ways north. This experience really did rekindle a love I once had of such places, so who knows? Maybe we’ll venture your way some day.

@HobbitGamer - I’d like to say I missed you, but I cain’t cause I did. Wouldn’t be manly. Don’t want any of these folk jumping to wild conclusions. I’ll just mosey on back to chopping wood and punchin stuff.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

Sigh, so I binge watch videos about snakes for a few hours, and suddenly YouTube thinks I must be super interested in nursery rhymes and those weird ElsaGate-type channels.

No, bad algorithm! Bad!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Nuff said. Now I gots ta get me some more chaw.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Oh my, that is quite a distance. You'd definitely be on the road for several hours. No hurry friend. Looking forward to the day I finally get to scare you and the wife!

@HobbitGamer That chaw done gonna rot yer jaw!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx luckily, I don’t mess with chaw In reality. Gross.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I’d like to post some images I have uploaded to imgbb in this thread. I’ve never done this before, but I think I only have two questions:

1. On the imgbb site, I’m given multiple format options, I believe I want either “html full linked” or “html thumbnail link”, correct? Which will post an acceptable image?

2. Once the links are copied over to NL, are the links themselves sufficient, or do I need to then format them with image tags?

Thanks!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee I use ImgBB as well. I use the BBCode Medium Linked and then just copy and paste the link they generate. They generate the tags for you and the image is visible on these forums.
I am sure that both HTML or BBCode are acceptable.
That is all.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 Yeah, it's like @StableInvadeel said: nothing really explicit, but lots and LOTS of mentions of "handsome and muscular shirtless guys" but in my opinion, even those kinds of things should be left out, or at least be put more delicately when considering that this is basically an all ages website.

But that's just my personal opinion.

@Tyranexx Ah, glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't scared of Audrey Drake.

On a side note: didn't even know that you were part of the secret "scare people for a living" society...

@RedderRugfish Yeah, never played Ecco that much either. I was always impressed by the, for that time, accurate underwater "feel" in the game, and it was and far as 16 bit graphics go, still is a gorgeous game to look at. I also own the Dreamcast version, but for some reason, that just doesn't impress me as much, regardless of it being fully 3D.

@Ninfan He was just kidding. Anti didn't want to share any music. Well, other than his regular DDR stuff...

@bimmy-lee Oh, I never said that the 6-button controller is bad or anything, just that except for those 3 games mentioned earlier, it isn't really needed for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini. The only exceptions would be if people are a die-hard Street Fighter fan and they didn't get the SNES Mini, or if they are going to hack the console and add more games to it. But in that case, there's still the officially licensed 6-button controller from Retro-Bit, so if people need 6 buttons, then the solution to that is already out there.

I just thought that the whole thing was blown out of proportion in several reviews/previews, also here on NLife, about the difference between the Japanese version and the European and American versions of this mini console, and how we in the Western regions got stuck with the "inferior" controller, when there's plenty of reviews to find online that these controllers are perfect reincarnations of the original ones, and look and feel just as good, so there's nothing wrong with them.

Of course, the 6-button controllers would be backwards compatible with all games, but to me personally, it would still be kind of odd to include them in a bundle where only 3 of the 40 games will be able to take full advantage of them, leaving you with 37 games in which half of the buttons on your controller are basically useless add-ons...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee ImageBB? Never heard of that one. I always use PostImage. Best and most user-friendly one out there, in my experience.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx I still don't understand how you and @ThanosReXXX don't see the Audrey thing. Even my mother created a running meme out of scary Audrey without me having said a thing about it! You two have just lost your crazy-dar.

To be fair though, this year, Audrey improved (a lot) and is pretty good now (it was hysterical when she had to smack down the Overcooked 2 devs for language... ), but the Audrey of 2-3 years ago? That's just terrifying.

Camilla doesn't get any better in either path (though she's more terrifying in the other path because she's all "Well I love you like a brother, and I really REALLY want to sleep with you anyway, but oh well, looks like I'll have to kill you and all of them because they took you from me, Teehee! (music note emote)"

As for Ryu, I'm going to re-post my post yesterday and tag her even though she asked not to be tagged, because she misunderstood my humor, and then NL was a broken mess yesterday, notifications weren't working, so she never saw my response telling her I was just messing with her, she thinks I'm actually a jerk, and now I feel bad. #ThanksNintendoLife

@Ryu_Niiyama lol, I was deliberately prodding you, assuming you were still quietly reading while pretending not to. This is the silly things thread, not a Pokemon or Smash thread. No srs bsns happens here. No actual ill intent was meant.

Though I'm going to take a long while to forgive the Janeway comparison. I'll take an Ami statue as repayment for that offense if you please.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Actually on second thought (Poor Ryu, I'm sorry NL decided to break just as my dry humor went over your head!)

@antdickens Are you aware of widespread ongoing issues with the email notifications? Seems they're still not working, and haven't worked since before the site started going up and down yesterday.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@gcunit @StableInvadeel @HobbitGamer @Tyranexx @ThanosReXXX @1UP_MARIO @NEStalgia (and probably a lot more) - Anti wrote me on IG last night to let me know he’s decided to leave the site. He asked me to deliver the following message to you all:

Thanks for having me as NintendoLife member. I leave you these pictures as my farewell.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

You can stay in touch with him on IG. He’s pretty active, and his account is a delight. I’ll post his handle if I’m allowed. If not, you can find him on my followers list. I don’t have many followers to scroll through, and he’s the only Indonesian Ash Ketchum.

@Zuljaras - Thanks man! I’m sure this is a bit ironic for you, but someone else would have eventually come along and enabled Anti’s proper good bye. This is great news for you! You’re no longer burdened with hatred for someone you’ve never met. A load had been lifted. Enjoy.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NotTelevision

That’s weird. Know the guy rubbed some people the wrong way, but he is definitely one of the commenters who I most associated with the site. Won’t be the same without him.

NotTelevision

1UP_MARIO

@bimmy-lee that is sad news as he was a really active member. Hope he changes his mind. Yes he was different but it’s nice to have different voices and opinions @anti-matter

@

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia There's nothing wrong with my "crazy-dar". As I said, the business I'm in has plenty of maniacal people and likewise instances, and me having both been a (tele)sales agent trainer and sales team leader means I had to dive into people's psyches and behavior dozens upon dozens of times, so I think it's pretty fair to say that my people skills and people knowledge is well above par, to put it mildly, and I'm usually able to read them in a matter of moments.

Nothing weird stood out for me in her back then, other than the (in my opinion) slightly creepy cackling fairy laugh, but nobody's perfect, so that was the only thing that I really noticed about her. Often times, when people are noticing traits about people that other people don't see, it's more about them either looking into a mirror, dealing with/suffering from insecurities or simply not agreeing with other people's values/morals/views, and as such feeling/creating an almost instant dislike/disdain for that person.

I always had to stay fairly neutral and as objective as possible, because I always had to act for the good of the company (and my own, seeing as I'd ultimately be responsible for the results of the sales team, as well as for selecting who'd be in it), so you'll understand if I stick to my own judgment in this particular case as well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic