Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,181 to 34,200 of 96,510

NEStalgia

Aww, this is depressing if Anti is really banned. He's...unique...but generally brings a chuckle in a dull world.

Wait...so we have a group of people saying he's banned, and the mods don't actually seem to know if or why he was banned..... what on earth is going on here? We demand justice!

@Zuljaras "And the other thing is that he turns most of his gaming desires with sexual fantasies."

Yes, that's a unique trait of Anti's to turn games into sexual fantasies. That's not typical of most gaming at all.
Untitled

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia Yeah I know most people like it like that but I hate it. I want to game not to fantasize about boobs, asses etc.

Also the people that like sexual stuff in games play sexualised games.

However he is extremely explicit about it. I mean who else want shirtless professors in Pokémon for the sexual thrill? He can even turn Lego City Undercover into Lego Sex and the City Shirtless.

Edited on by Zuljaras

LuigibrineTheGreat

I knew the pic of Camilla was coming @NEStalgia

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Tyranexx

It's rare that I get through NL's main news section this fast. I thought it was a UK bank holiday at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Must be a slow news day.

Anti can definitely be pretty extreme with his views on M-rated games. I think some users just get tired of those types of comments from him under some articles. That said, it still irritates me that there seems to be a mini-army of users that downvote his comments no matter what he posts. Probably the most grating for me are his downvotes in the "What Games Are You Playing This Weekend" articles as I rarely if ever find anything wrong or negative with his comments there.

@ThanosReXXX Tentatively red as I feel that ignorance isn't always bliss. Besides, our reality is sort of already ran by various machines (both physical and in theory), after a fashion....

Edit: Note to self - do not read @NEStalgia's comment involving tongue-in-cheek sarcasm complete with Camilla while drinking water. Mild choking will occur.

(In all seriousness though, I dislike Camilla from Fates. I'd forgive her being Fanservice-y if she had a decent personality and was a useful unit, but as she isn't either-or....And I've only played the Conquest side so far. She's likely worse when you side with Hoshido.)

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras I remember NL being up in arms over missing out on petting games, and raging fury over covering up Tsubasa's upskirt shot in TMS#FE. Bioware games have the obligatory hookup with the fantasy date at the end. And RDR2 has full on brothel action.

I don't disagree with you, but it's funny to call out Anti on "sexualization in games" when he's on the tame end of widespread fandom of video game sexualization compared to most of the rest of the site minus the puritans who rail against Sword Art Online's "mysogeny", and Peach Ball's....well...everything.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

Anti is working out the length of his ban, but he’s reading along. If/when he’s allowed back, he will not allow others to use the passion of his convictions against him any longer.

@ThanosReXXX - Let’s plan on a snack plate, some R&C’s and a buffet of Sega games. When will you have your mini? I hope you’ll post your thoughts. I want it badly, but the amount I’ve spent on this hobby this year is ridiculous, and I’m going to have to hope they’re available another time when it makes more sense to spend the money, not that I think they’re not worth the asking price. Far from it. I want it just for those gorgeous Sega pads alone. Don’t even care that I’d be stuck with the three button pad as a pack in.

@Tyranexx - Yep, we talked about meat shields on the way there and she loved the concept. At one point, there was a long dark hallway with someone waiting at the end (always creepy), and she freaked out, put both hands on my back, and pushed me forward like I was some kind of battering ram. It ended up being a young woman dressed like a ghost, and I was actively fighting to keep my wife from using me to smash her against the wall, haha. They learned my name at some point too, and used it in the next few rooms, which added a nice level or creepiness.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I probably missed that since I do not read articles of games I do not like or are not for me. I can only speak about the articles of games like Pokemon, Doom, Skyrim etc.
Some games are created for perverts Pokemon is not one of them

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Happy to serve!

To be fair, @Ryu_Niiyama actually likes Camilla despite her fan-serviciness. I'm pretty sure she's enamored with Camilla's narrative involvement. Especially with the two sizable branching story arcs.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 @Zuljaras Well, concerning Anti, that entirely depends on your definition of toxic. In my opinion, he definitely could be sometimes, completely flying off the handle about things he doesn't like or tolerate, and even getting almost hysterically mad at people addressing him about these things sometimes. I do believe that this bit of extremist behavior was exactly why he was banned the last time, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the same is true now. He loves telling other people off, but he seems pretty much incapable of keeping himself in check, let alone learn to accept other's choices and learn to not respond to certain things, in order to prevent useless discussions.

I've tried explaining this to him several times, in a friendly and casual manner, but even though he mostly responded to it in a seemingly understanding or at least accepting manner, I've never seen any actual change or improvement in his behavior. He only kept a low profile for a little bit after the previous ban, but a couple of weeks later, he was already at it in full force again.

And yes, then there's also the repeated gay fantasy wishes expressed in WAY too many articles and forum topics. Funny thing is that he always rants and rages against female versions of that, so he's also a bit hypocritical in that respect. So, having said all that, it would seem to me that he lacks the ability of self-reflection and/or self-improvement. Or at least in the relevant areas.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@StableInvadeel Haha yes. But I am not against sexualised games or stuff like that. If people like them, well good for them.
@NEStalgia I am actually surprised that there are people who rage at fanservice games. If they dont like it or play it why even post there and rage like some phycho.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras You haven't read the right Pokemon articles......... Nor Deviantart. Though if you frequent Pokemon threads you've already been through the deepest sublevels of the sewer. Nothing else should really be troublesome.

@StableInvadeel has it right. You REALLY have missed out on Gardevoir on the Internet. There's Rule #34, 35, 36, I'm pretty sure 40-43 are reserved purely for Gardevoir, all represented.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

It's dangerous to go alone...
You should take a six back of these chibi drinks along with you:
Untitled

(Hey, SOMEBODY had to do it!)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee If all things go as they should, I'll be able to pick up my Sega Mini on the 4th of October, and I'll be spending the days thereafter trying it out and evaluating it, so I'll put up a mini-review right here, after I'm done with that.

As for the 3 button conundrum: from the entire list of 40 games, there's only three or four that use the 6 button controllers, one of which is the fighting game Eternal Champions, which also happens to have a default setting in the options for 3 button controllers, so in that case, it isn't even mandatory to use 6 button controllers.

And Street Fighter was better on SNES anyways, so I won't even be playing that.

But somewhere down the line, I might add a couple of these licensed Retro-Bit controllers to the collection.
And I'm also tempted to pick up one of these from PlayAsia:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
But other than that, the wallet will stay closed for quite some time to come, because like you, I've already spent more than enough these last few months, or this year actually, so we're in full agreement there.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx To add some more layers (and movie worlds) to your idea of the what and how of reality, did you know that there's actually an existing company called Cyberdyne?

EDIT:
There's even a company called SkyNet which, creepily enough, describes itself as follows:

"The SkyNet Worldwide Express network stretches across all continents, providing the Global business community with fast, reliable and secure Express delivery"

Combine that with the real-life version of CyberDyne, which actually makes robots and exo-suits/skeletons, and we've got actual hell on Earth already. Armageddon in 3, 2, 1...

@Zuljaras You're welcome. One small difference, though: I really don't hate him. In fact, I hardly hate anyone online. I only dislike, ridicule, pity or ignore people. First off, I don't really know people online, other than a rather 2-dimensional impression that you get from reading (and often misinterpreting) comments, which obviously miss tone of voice and facial impressions that you might be able to read otherwise, making the impact of some comments completely different.

Not everyone is aware of that when reading or posting comments, which then ultimately ends up causing needless anger or annoyance, and subsequent negative discussions, sometimes.

And then there's the bit about him being in the autistic spectrum. I strongly feel that anyone talking to him or jumping into a discussion with him, should take that into account, and keep in mind that he may not always respond to things like you and I would, so far as I'm concerned, several anger points get subtracted for that.

All I mostly do is shrug his comments off, and on a bad day, I might get tired of them, or even annoyed, but never does it escalate to something as extreme as hate. That's pretty much pointless, if you ask me.

And as you can tell from quite a few comments, most other people also don't think he's all that bad.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. That case is gorgeous, and perfect long term storage if/when it comes off the TV for any reason. I’m not bothered by the three button controller at all. It’s all I’ve ever had. I played a lot of Eternal Champions that way. I was more into MK than SF back in the day, even though MK is a technically inferior fighter. I liked all the gore.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic