Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,961 to 32,980 of 45,728

Anti-Matter

I have this game also.
Untitled

And i played these songs.

Forgive me ! ūüėĖ
They are very sensual and naughty songs but those songs really damn good to listen.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan There are no 18+ rated games on any Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft console. None of the big three game companies allow it. 18+ games are on PC or not at all.

Unless you count homebrew - but that stuff isn't rated.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

I’ve been playing Mother Russia Bleeds with the kiddos. It’s been a big hit. Abs galore. Don’t let the name throw you off, Mother Russia bleeds hugs and rainbows.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

Just saw the results from that poll about hardware issues and I am kinda shocked how many people thing game consoles should last 10+ years without issue. I mean, I'd like that to be the case but what other products do we hold to such high standards? Game consoles are generally high use devices, what other device do people own, that gets comparable amounts of use, that we expect to last so long without issue?

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 I think I put 7 yrs.. But I think people put 10+ because aside from blowing into carts, nes' seem to last a good while and continue to work to this day (30yrs later). I think that's why people put 10+. We were spoiled by nes,snes, and n64 all feeling like good solid pieces of hardware built to last

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature I can see why people would think that based on that older hardware. But that's based on honestly unusually long lasting products. Very few things last that long. Very very few. And I am just wondering what other products, aside from game consoles, people buy and expect to last 10+ years without serious issue.

And also I think people forget that, yes there are a lot of NES, SNES and N64s floating around still, and there are also a lot of them that have died or needed repairs.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if everything lasted 10+ years. I just don't really expect it. I think 5+ is much more ordinary.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish That's an interesting alarm clock. Mechanical or digital? Really quite curious how that could happen.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I bought an used pink NDS Lite from another game shop with very good condition and it still working properly until today, like it still like new machine.
Ironically, my Pink NDS lite work better than my White NDS lite (Sometimes turned off by itself).
If counted until this year, my both NDS Lite is already 13 years old.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Always differences in build quality. No two machines are ever exactly alike. And maybe some bump or tap or something that was forgettable at the time weakened something that finally broke years later.

gcunit

DSLite - never had one at the time, but I bought a Like New white one last year to be able to play GBA carts and the few DS games that require the GBA slot - lovely little piece of hardware, turns on almost instantly.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Errm... haha, funny, I guess?

@Zuljaras He did get banned, but he'll probably never learn to stop making such stupid comments about games he doesn't like. He's so absolutely against them, that he doesn't even take into account that there's millions of other gamers that DO like to play other types of games, but he just wants all of them to either be destroyed or not exist at all. It's a VERY extremist view, and highly unrealistic.

Couple that with the knowledge that he's also a teacher with a class full of young, impressionable kids, and you've got a mental image that's FAR scarier and far more worrisome than any of these 16+ games could ever be, in my opinion.

@Link-Hero Please remember to tag me in the comment when you do manage to trick him, because I would LOVE to laugh about it with you.

@RedderRugfish @Heavyarms55 Same here, still got all my consoles and handhelds in full working order, some with some minor cuts and bruises, but other than that, every handheld and console I've bought ever since the N64 is still doing fine, regardless of extensive use on nearly all of them, so maybe 10+ years is a bit overly optimistic in general, but it certainly isn't impossible.

For most people, I'd sooner expect peripherals such as controllers and so on to break down a couple of times over a generation, but a console is just sitting there, spinning discs, running cartridges, or running data off of some solid state memory or hard drive, so that should be able to last quite a while.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Ha funny that ine I said that it is very dangerous to put someone to teach young children that has atated that he hates R rated stuff so much that he wanted some actress to die while banging and kicking on the TV screen.

I can now imagine 2 kids in class showing each other screenshots of Skyrim or Medievil or smth like that and then surprising kick in the face screaming "I hate ALL mature stuff!!!"

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, I'd sooner say it's sad rather than funny. And I'd hope that he would allow these kids to have their own opinions and tastes, instead of forcing his rather extreme sentiments on them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 30 years ago everything you bought was expected to last 10-15 years without issue. 20+ years for big purchases (minimum!) And when parts broke, you just repaired them at any local repair shop. Any expectation otherwise is a reminder how utterly effed we are as a society that we've been remolded to accept planned-obsolescence garbage endlessly cranked out of sweatshop factories and into landfills in a brief 20 year span. We're not talking about some bygone pre-renaissance antiquity age. We're talking about the fudging 1980s and before!

Today, you have to buy commercial equipment to get it to last the normal span you used to expect consumer gear to last not that long ago.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
"recommendations.Whenever I give a list of recommended games in a thread or to a someone on Nintendolife, there might be a chance I'll slip a game or two into the list to trick people like you. The best thing, you'll never know when I'll do it."

Ooh... You cannot trick me. ūüėú
I have observed tons of kids until Teen games from playasia and other websites, so they have been registered in my brain as the Allowed titles.

I also have Black list in my brain, the list of banned things. I have more Banned things than the Allowed things. Tons of hatred things than Favorite things.

I don't need to imagine the appearance, just only heard that name, i will instantly condemn those existence before even i see any images in my brain.
Nice try but before i got tricked, i have some secret ability to tell which is allowed games for me.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Ninfan

@Knuckles-Fajita what do you call yourself online if you are playing Mario kart 7 ??

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Haruki_NLI

@Ninfan Why?

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ninfan

@Knuckles-Fajita I have a mii on streetpass I met playing Mario kart 7 called knuckles is it you ??

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Haruki_NLI

@Ninfan I dont even own MK7

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic