Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,961 to 32,980 of 96,298

ogo79

wake me up when the unicorn and dragon fad dies.
this isnt the neverending story

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ogo79 I’ll never forget you, Atreyu

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Andrew_R_2000 - I think quality vintage is the way to go. I scored an early 90s TEAC hifi sound system years ago in a private sale. Receiver and equalizer, dual tape deck, disc changer, and turntable. I have a couple mid 90s Bose surrounds hooked up to it. Pawn shops are great for this, but you won’t get a deal. Sometimes I see decent rigs at my local junk stores. Ask around too. People often think this stuff is junk.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ogo79

HobbitGamer wrote:

@ogo79 I’ll never forget you, Atreyu

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

On humid, foggy nights, some say you can hear the head calling out in desperation. “Atreyuuu! You have to get uuuuuuup”.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

I survived!!!!

YEEEEEESSSSSS! I hope you're celebrating right now with some Astral Chain!

My own weekend is nuts, but I've finished most of my adulting for the evening. Shower time, then some manga and DQ IV.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I’m about to now! It’s more exciting because I told myself it’s a reward, as opposed to just a new game, haha.

I just finished adulting too. Made sure to wear out the animals so they’re good and sleepy now. Got my 5 twizzlers and my big cup of ice water 😂

#MudStrongs

Eel

120 newgrounds animators got together and made really nice remake of an episode of courage the cowardly dog. That was pretty entertaining.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

I really liked that show. I also liked Cow & Chicken. To this day, my father still quotes both.

#MudStrongs

Eel

I didn't really like cow and chicken as a kid, though we did watch it quite often. I think Rocko was my limit for annoying 90s humor.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

All 3 were great shows. Johnny bravo and power puff girls wasn't bad either. Yea i said power puff girls, so what!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Courage The Cowardly Dog is a masterpiece. As are all of the above that were mentioned. Didn't know there was a reboot series of The Powerpuff Girls though. Sounds like the ire for it is akin to Teen Titans Go.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Link-Hero just my buddies. Alot of my guys used to make fun of me for liking it so I just figured it wasn't something most guys wouldn't like. Eh who knows

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Eel

The original Powerpuff girls was very good, I don't really remember anyone going "ew cooties" over that cartoon myself. The anime version was good too.

Talking about school and girly shows, I could actually connect and make new friends over Cardcaptor Sakura back in middle school.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Hm... I seem to have posted an incomplete comment, because I was also going to comment on the location thing. My dad lives in this really small rural village, with about 24 houses on each side of the street, so if you really step on the gas, you'll breeze through it in next to no time at all...

But yeah, the elderly and tech don't really go together, unless it's tech from their own era. My dad keeps "losing" or misplacing/accidentally rearranging apps and widgets on his smart phone, and I have to put them back again almost every time I visit him. And he always claims to have no idea how they disappeared or got misplaced in the first place, because obviously, he did absolutely nothing wrong, so it wasn't his fault...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I had a dream where I was walking around in public wearing leopard print pajama pants, and otherwise normal clothes besides that.... And I have no idea of when the concept of leopard print pajama pants even entered my dream catalogue...

My dream-me identified them as leggings, but they were clearly just regular pajamas.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RR529

I did remember watching quite a bit of Courage, Cow & Chicken, Billy & Mandy, & Invader Zim, though even back then I thought they were very strange shows (even stranger now that I think back on them).

I was more a fan of stuff like Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Dexter's Lab & Fairly Odd Parents in terms of comedy, but above all I enjoyed the action block cartoons & anime (Teen Titans, Justice League, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic