Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,981 to 33,000 of 45,604

ThanosReXXX

So, I guess my timing was a bit off, seeing as we're having the whole Nindies day today, but I decided to make a new forum topic concerning the Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini, seeing as some game channels on YouTube have already received and tested a preview unit, and results are looking pretty damn good.

So, for all of you that are also interested in and/or feeling the love for Sega's 16-bit console, please do yourselves (and me) a favor and jump in...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
I would gladly tag and send you all the hilarious overreactions, though sadly, my only problem is the recording bit. Unless he has some camera and I want to break privacy laws related to hacking or home invasion, it's not possible. But, for all we know, it might happen someday.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Not to worry: we'll get enough hilarity from his written response already, so I don't really need to see any video of him.

@NEStalgia Yup, indeed I did. And not just to get views, but also to be able to share my enthusiasm about the system with other people that have pre-ordered it as well, or who are either interested and/or still on the fence, and for them these videos might be just the ticket.

On a side note: and I'm also kinda miffed that the effort I put into it, has resulted in more than 70 views but not a single comment, which kinda is the point of opening a thread in the first place...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Look on the bright side, your thread has already generated more interest than the actual launch of the Sega Saturn! (ba-dum-tss)

NEStalgia

Ninfan

There was 1539 games on game boy advance. How many were Europe or British releases ??

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan When I want to know stuff like that, I usually just look up a Wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_Advance_games

EDIT:
On this page, you'll find an infographic with all the numbers for all consoles except the Switch, seeing as that's not end of life yet:
https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2016/07/05/nintendos-conso...
(The first picture is rather fuzzy, but if you scroll down, there's a clearer version, and also a couple of videos)

As you will be able to see, the actual total number of games for the GBA is considerably lower than the number you came up with, so that higher number probably contains a truckload of unofficial releases and/or unreleased titles or something, because otherwise, there could never be such a big difference.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish That is really bizarre. I'd really love to know how that sort of glitch happens.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Well I did not exist in the 1980s so what I know about it is entirely second hand knowledge. I was a kid in the 1990s, a teen in the 2000s. For me this is just how things are. It's not that I expect things to break down, it's just that if they last more than 5 years, that's about what I expect for electronics and appliances. There isn't anything I expect to last a decade or more without issue.

But your comparison about things breaking and being repaired invalidates my point. If they break and are repaired then they didn't last 10-20 years. You had to fix them. Although I do think it's a right shame (and probably intentional somewhat) that it is so much more difficult to repair modern devices and appliances. Older tech was much more straightforward to repair. I've always enjoyed watching all sorts of TV and YouTube about that sort of thing, restoration and repair.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Interestingly the first Game Boy I owned still works almost like new, but the first Game Boy Advance has a nearly worn out A button. There is definitely some difference in build quality. But it is impossible for me to say if the GBA was built less durable or if it is variance in production or if something I did to the GBA at some point caused damage to the A button that took years to notice...

We all kinda have our own experiences with products but really, our own sample size is far to small to make general statements. I am sure someone out there bought a new NES, had something break in the first 6 months and just assumed Nintendo released a trash product.

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX I think the 1500 games was some or alot of Japanese games were released in Japan and other games in America and europe so it adds up to 1500 games ( I got that number from a YouTube video that go'es through the games) that's a good site you told me . " nintendo enthusiast"

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel That too, yes. Memory is muddy in that regard. Since I had the Game Boy first, the memory of playing it is stronger. It's still kinda in my head that the GBA is/was new. Which is ridiculous, since it's over 18 years old now, but for me it was my first new handheld, first upgrade. So that distorts the memories I think.

Kinda in hindsight, the GBA being backward compatible is probably why I now want/expect/almost demand backward compatibility in new game systems. And I still want GBA titles on Switch (among others)

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Tyranexx

Whew! Been busy the last couple of days. I did have a little downtime last night but spent it playing more DQ IV. I've kinda neglected the forums and some of my notifications until now. XD

@ThanosReXXX The bride was the one in the fancy dress and high heels. I went "business casual" for this one, and a handful of people were even dressed down more than I was.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, I know we can see his ridiculous and funny reactions through posts on Nintendolife, but I want to watch the expression on his face in person.

I want to observe him opening up the game while having a dumb look on his face, unaware of what he's about to get himself into. After a while, if he's observant enough, he begins to look confused and uncertain at the strange, occurring things that keep popping up in the game. The more he continues, the more unsettled he gets. And then when his unnerved feeling is just at its peak, the game finally reveals what it's truly about.

Anti's jaw lays gapping at the dark nature of the presentation being put upon him longer than most people would typically react too. Sitting in his seat in silence, he unexpectedly gets up and starts screeching at the top of his lungs in rage. As he was screaming, he runs around the room, throwing a temper tantrum as if he was a five-year-old while cursing my name.

ūü§£

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Heavyarms55

Calm down there Satan. No need to be so hostile. I know the person you're talking about can come off a little rude sometimes, but I assume that's more because English isn't his first language. I really don't think he is trying to be rude.

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Btw, Did you know what did i do during watching Nindie Direct yesterday ?
I noticed there was a rated M on the screen, so i have to watch the Direct carefully.

Since i was watching from my Switch, i prepare my thumb on B button while streaming Youtube from my Switch. I saw every single beginning of trailer with very quick reaction. Whenever i noticed something with disturbing possibility, i pressed B button to quit watching for a while then i pressed A button to continue watching.
I will not saw those gritty scenes since i completely skipped for several seconds / minutes and with my instinct, i pressed A button if i thought it was already Safe to continue watching the Direct.

And i didn't get some tantrum due to my quick reaction to censored any unsafe scenes. ūüėú
During streaming, you had noticed that i said "Eject!". That was i quit watching for a while then continue watching after several seconds.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Anti-matter what did you find mature in that direct? It seems extremely tame to me.

Link-Hero

Satan? Really people? I wasn't entirely serious with that comment. It was only a bit of dark humor. I'm not that psychotic.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I didn't know what indie games that probably rated M during Direct yesterday, but i guess they were something about shooting games or criminal themes.
I just skip watching some game trailers during Direct to avoid watching rated M games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic