Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,941 to 32,960 of 34,176

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Burping will cure the hiccups quickly. 😉
Well... It definetely not appropriate in front of a lot people but it work.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
Oh, it doesn't have to with soda. 😀
Any drinks will work.
I recommend a plain water to cure the hiccups.
Just hold your breath, drink the water with breath holding, swallow it then you can breath again, hiccups bye bye.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
I can burp whenever i want by swallowing any edible liquids.
Trust me, i have done with plain water everytime i got hiccups and it worked.

My Top 6 games :

Joe-b

Hello, Just bought a Switch tonight. Seems like the green light on my dock lights up for a few seconds, then goes out....however, the unit is charging....I believe...can someone explain how the dock works when charging...? thanks,

Joe-b

NEStalgia

@Joe-b assuming all is well with the hardware, the light is only on when the switch is on, that's the "console power indicator light" - there is no light, indicator, or gauge showing the switch is charging (yes, that's immensely stupid... Then again, Lenovo thought havingno charging light on thinkpad yoga was a great idea on a business laptop, too, so i can't point fingers at Nintendo )

But yeah the green light only stays on if the console is actually on (fan spinning, tv showing the ui/game), and the switches screen isn't on while docked, but flicks on a few seconds when you insert or remove from the dock.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Joe-b

@NEStalgia Thank you so much. You are correct! I just turned it on and there you go...light stays on. What's up with that logic? Anyway, I bought it tonight, everything works fine. I am so glad I finally got one. I slapped on a screen protector, a 128gb sd card, and downloaded a couple of games. I think this is a really cool system....thanks again for all your help. I was worried I had a defective unit...now I can go to bed...! I was looking online to no avail, so I'm glad you responded.

Joe-b

NEStalgia

@Joe-b haha, glad to be of help! Welcome to the club (sleep? You have more self restraint than most of us )

NEStalgia

StableInvadeel

Oooh someone gave my mom a bag of chimangos, basically one of the few foods specific to my state.

It's basically like a triangular or rhomboid donut, not super sweet, without toppings or fillings, but still really good.

I'm not sure if they're completely original to my state (most likely not!), but it's basically the only place where I've seen them. So it's nice to think about them as a regional recipe (we don't have many!).

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RedderRugfish

@Morpheel Change that O to an A and I'm on board

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

NintendoByNature

Don't know about letters and all. But I did have chimichangas the other day. Missing letters or not it was delicious

NintendoByNature

RedderRugfish

Yeah, turns out I missed a few letters. It only takes so much before my brain shuts off thinking about Mexican food at midnight.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Tamales...
If you reverse the word of Tamales it will turn into Selamat. 😏
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means safe. But, the word of Selamat also used for greeting such as Selamat pagi (Good morning), Selamat siang (Good afternoon), Selamat tinggal (Good bye), Selamat makan (Bon appetit).
Also used for celebration such as Selamat ! (Congratulations!), Selamat ulang tahun (Happy Birthday), Selamat bermain (Happy playing), etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic