Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,801 to 32,820 of 47,036

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I sincerely hope you're kidding about the heels, otherwise I'd have to think that it's one weird world you're living in, my friend.

I could probably get away with the pink jacket/blazer, since it isn't exactly one tone pink, as pastel clothes would often be, but it doesn't fit my complexion. I used to be quite tanned, but nowadays I tend to stay away from things that speed up my ride on this planet.

@StableInvadeel No man should ever have to be ready to wear any kind of heels, unless they're the minute ones that you'd typically find on fancy shoes you'd wear on some official occasion or on cowboy boots.

@Tyranexx Well, I always try to be as open-minded as I can. Obviously, that's not always possible, seeing as being a human being with feelings, emotions and personal views and preferences, there's bound to be some bias in some areas, but I'll always be willing to listen to others. (edit: even if I don't agree with them, or not initially)

As for the rest of the world, especially online: I often liken them to sports fans. When their team loses, it's like they die a little, and they get angry over the smallest things concerning their team, and when given the chance, they'd probably wage war on supporters of opposing teams, so invested are they, whereas I can enjoy any team in any sport I watch. As the old saying goes: may the best man/team win, and if that isn't my team, then they simply didn't deserve to win. I'm not going to like it, but I'm most certainly also not going to blow a gasket over it, much less try to smash in somebody's face because of it.

Console "fans" are by and large pretty much the same, sadly enough. Which is why it still keeps surprising me how relatively calm the NLife community remains, which is basically one of the main reasons why I keep hanging around. And the people of course, let's not forget about those...

And completely agreed on the opinion bombing, as I like to call it. That is also the main reason why I don't like and use that ignore button on here. To me, it's the epitomy of defeatism, and one of the very symptoms of this online disease of anonymous and highly flammable means of "communicating"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

I mean, pink was the color for boys. And blue was girls. 😜

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Darn it. Here I thought I was done picking up DS games of any sort for awhile, but then the staff here just HAD to put up that Top 50 DS Games article.... I'm currently considering a couple of the higher-ranked contenders.

On the topic of heels: It's amazing what some people will do for the sake of fashion. There are plenty of historical examples, but I still don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to any type of high heels. Not only are they very uncomfortable to begin with, but they're not at all good for your feet besides. The few times I've tried them on, I couldn't understand why anyone would put themselves through such torture.

I stick with normal shoes, thanks, or shoes where the overall heel is elevated just a smidgeon. Part of the problem is because I inherited my dad's bad ankles to begin with.

@ThanosReXXX I likewise strive to be open-minded and do try to listen to a point of view while trying not to hold any preconceived notions about a person. I believe there are as many perspectives as there are people. I've actually had my mind changed on a few things over the years.

I do like the sports fan analogy. It IS a lot like being a console fan. XD For example, I wasn't exactly a fan of Microsoft's Xbox One for a while (Mainly due to comments from some spokespeople before it was released) but still didn't begrudge anyone who picked one up. It was their money, not mine. I'm not gonna bash someone for something that they enjoy if I don't.

On the opinion-bombing: I was thinking of things like downvote systems, but I suppose that would include the Ignore feature as well. I try not to let it get my goat anymore, but I've seen perfectly valid, albeit commonly unpopular opinions or posts (Not all of which I agree with) get downvoted to 5+ here. Like a comment I saw recently on how a user here didn't enjoy Fire Emblem: Three Houses for example.

And then of course, there's the happy brigade that seems to follow around certain users and downvote them no matter what they post.... facepalm

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I wish I could see my downvoted comments without logging out. I’m sure there’s quite a few.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

If you log out, you can't see the downvotes at all.

On the subject of high heels, I guess it's entirely a matter of looks. Or as the saying goes, antes muerta que sencilla.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - In my experience, I started cutting down on nights out in my early/mid 30s, before becoming a parent. I can remember getting annoyed with friends who wanted us to go out all weekend long because I was starting to feel a need for the occasional relaxing night at home. I enjoy joking about being a beer bear, out prowling the pubs, but I probably consume 90% of my yearly beer intake at home. Crying... wait, no, never mind. Don’t worry about me, I wear black. Sometimes grey if I’m feeling flirty.

@Tyranexx - Thanks, I got my fill. It was nice. Everyone pretty much cleared out at the same time, so the place went from booming to silent. Mine are five and three (in a couple weeks), both born in August, so we do a combined party for them with both families and some friends. It’s fun, but so much work. Like kids themselves I guess.

@NintendoByNature - Dude, that’s incredible. Bo is a legend in sports and video games. I’d be tempted to hit eBay for that incredible old Bo Knows Nike poster, or a spare copy of Super Tecmo Bowl to see if I could get it signed. He was a generational athlete. I was watching when he dislocated his hip, it was a national game. It was terrible, and he was never the same. A real shame. I played a looooot of STB, and the Raiders and Giants were off the board because Bo and LT were possibly the most OP characters in the history of video games.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Pink for boys and blue for girls? Only on pride day. Either that, or in that alternate, mirror universe of Earth 21947...

@Tyranexx Yeah, the scenario that you just described, that's the exact reason why I don't like (no: hate) the ignore feature, and the same goes for the down-vote system. I like to promote constructive thoughts and discussion, and positive points, instead of always looking at the wrong side of things, and those features do indeed either play into the hands of feeble-minded individuals, who aren't able to maintain a normal discussion without fearing that their opinion will not be tolerated, or suspecting that some other opinion will clash with theirs, or of the vindictive kind of individual, who just decide that either they don't like you, or the things you say by default, and subsequently hunt down any and all comments you make, to immediately give them a spiteful and completely undeserved dislike.

How that serves any kind of useful or constructive purpose, is completely beyond me.

And yet, in my attempts to point that out to the people responsible, while it actually was considered to be a valid point, the benefits that they apparently get from it, statistics-wise, were greater, and as such, the system's here to stay, sadly enough.

As for high heels and the discomfort they cause: I suppose that's where the saying "no pain, no gain" comes in. Although that's more of a sports related one. The Dutch have a better or rather: more poignant saying, that literally translates to "he/she who wants to be beautiful, must suffer pain". Sounds a bit harsh in English, but it simply means that making yourself beautiful/looking good and/or presentable doesn't necessarily mean you'll also feel comfortable.

So, for women that's constricting/crawling dresses and high heels, and for men it's often uncomfortable, blood flow and respiratory-disabling suits and neckties...

@StableInvadeel What does that mean? Simplicity before death or something?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, same here. Although at home, we obviously have to switch out beer for Bacardi & Coke, on this side of the pond. I reserve beer either for when it's hot, or when I go to birthdays or other parties, so as not to be that guy who's the only one who drinks the more expensive stuff, when there's always plenty of cases of beer to go around in my circle of friends and family, so I've basically just learned to adapt myself over the years.

Eel

@ThanosReXXX a nice way to translate it would be “I’d rather be dead than basic”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer I've been curious about some of mine to the point where I've considered creating an alt a time or two. So far I've talked myself out of it. I don't need to know THAT badly, plus it would most likely add another bit of irritation to my day. XD

@bimmy-lee My aunt and uncle used to do something similar with two of my cousins. One of their bdays fell in late April, the other in early May. Those combined parties were fun (from a kid's perspective), but I'm sure they were a lot of work as well. I'd say it's mission accomplished if everyone had fun!

@ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX wrote:

How that serves any kind of useful or constructive purpose, is completely beyond me.

I agree. Is there a way to permanently frame quotes and phrases around here?

I don't even bother downvoting posts these days. If there's something I dislike for some reason, I just pass it over. It IS a little hard sometimes in regards to blatant troll posts, but anyone with cognitive ability can identify those from far away. PSA: Feeding trolls, unless they're the playable kind in World of Warcraft, is unproductive.

No pain, no gain eh? Some of it amounts to the fact that I dislike formal dress and, more often than not, the occasions which call for that stuff. I find comfort much more important than how I look. Not that I'm colorblind when it comes to matching clothes, but I also don't have seizures if someone shows up to something in an interesting shirt and pants combo.

I'm most comfortable in Jeans and a t-shirt. Thankfully, I can get away with at least the former at my current job. I still stick to business casual shirts when on the clock.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Eel

(visits facebook after a long time, checks the profiles of a few friends)

Huh I wonder if they know others can see what pages they've given likes to.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

I was practicing to speak and did evil laugh like Maleficent from this scene during my break time at home just now.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BougieBeetle

So speaking of clothes, I have a nice salmon-colored (read: pink) dress shirt that I wear to work or social gatherings a lot. Pink is a pretty dope color. (I'm male, I guess I should specificy that,)

I don't like to dress up though. I wear slacks and a dress shirt to work sometimes, but a lot of days they don't care if I wear jeans and leave my shirt untucked. I used to wear suits a lot in another strange chapter of my life, but not so much anymore. Although I did wear one over the weekend to a celebration of life for a beloved family member, but that's different!

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Pink color, i have considered Magenta color as for one of my Chibi Boxer.
He loves kiddie stuffs, especially his Teddie Bear plushie and he is also a fan of Pink / Magenta color.
Also.... I have decided to create his new boxing outfits with some Magenta & Pink color, with the vibes of Sailor Moon and Naruto.
And i did the same thing to my other Chibi Boxers with their signature colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Aqua, Indigo, Purple, White, Black)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

SheldonRandoms

Hard to believe it's already been 10 years since I first revved up Flipnote Studio on my DSi. I wouldn't do anything of interest with it, no way, no how. To celebrate the occasion I suppose, somehow I got dragged back into fishing again somehow. They said last time they caught a baby shark.......Now I know why they want me along this time, they forgot to rev up the "doo doo doo doo doo doo" part!

@BougieBeetle Pink is indeed a dope color (as well as a swell one)!

@Anti-Matter If I was a boxer, I would probably have a pair of shorts which are pink, they would have to match my pink sweatsuit tho.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

@SheldonRandoms Dood, I just got that song out of my head after two weeks. you monster.

I’ve got two salmon pink polo shirts for work.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Ah, understood. Sounds a lot like one of those sayings in the category of "normal is the new boring"...

Tyranexx wrote:

I agree. Is there a way to permanently frame quotes and phrases around here?

Permanently frame? As in a perma-link on the top of every page?
Either way, I have no idea. I don't think any of the mods know either, so that should probably be a question for site managers/web managers.

And to what end? I appreciate the compliment, but I'm probably too self-conscious to want to see something I said being chiseled in stone on the top of some web page. I'd rather just stick to a comical and (in this day and age) somewhat politically incorrect/gender sensitive forum signature...

Tyranexx wrote:

No pain, no gain eh? Some of it amounts to the fact that I dislike formal dress and, more often than not, the occasions which call for that stuff. I find comfort much more important than how I look. Not that I'm colorblind when it comes to matching clothes, but I also don't have seizures if someone shows up to something in an interesting shirt and pants combo.

I'm most comfortable in Jeans and a t-shirt. Thankfully, I can get away with at least the former at my current job. I still stick to business casual shirts when on the clock.

Well, that's kind of the point, isn't it? What you can get away with, but on official occasions, something's gotta give. Maybe not at work, but unless I'm sorely mistaken, I don't see you going to a funeral or a wedding in jeans and a T-shirt. And the heels or at least fancy shoes must come into play at some point as well: sneakers don't really go with a nice dress...

And don't we all want to look nice sometimes? On some parties and receptions, you can't really sit anyways, so the fact that the fancy clothes are restricting our capacity to fully bend our legs without something annoyingly sneaking up in places that they shouldn't go to, isn't really that bad in those instances.

But I do get the downside of it, especially for women, who often have to turn up in tight-fitting tube dresses, or women's suit, whereas male suits are often a bit more loose around the body. Now that I'm mentioning this, I almost feel like apologizing on behalf of my gender. Women's collective memory capacity is like that of an elephant, so tight dresses might actually still remind them of the days that we men forced them into wearing and almost suffocating in those tight corsets, and high heels may also be a contributing factor to some...

I do know women who actually do like wearing them, or maybe they've fooled themselves into thinking they do, because of the many decades of societal brainwashing. Guess we'll never really know for sure.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea i know im pretty stoked, Bo is the best. If anyone doesn't understand bimmys reference to tecmo bowl and Bo, go watch the family guy episode where Peter Griffin and Cleveland are playing it, you'll see what we mean lol

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Yeah, either that or you're getting the third degree on how many hours you've actually played a game, to be able to come to that "wrong" conclusion. Or even worse: you're accused of not even owning the game at all, and just being a "hater".

Oh, internet. Stay classy...

Ninfan

@kami130 I sent you a swap doodle . I'm not sure if I send them the correct way. tell me if you got it thanks

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic