Forums

Topic: SuperSonic1990 VS AlexSays-The Fight of the Century

Posts 41 to 60 of 125

theblackdragon

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Well,AlexSays called on Adam,so like the old saying goes, a tooth for a tooth.

what teeth? Chicken Brutus shouldn't have any, unless you're calling on... dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn... an impostor! DDD:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Machu

@SuperSonic1990

Do it dude!

says to self "1 down, 99,999 to go"

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Knux

Oh,so you're guys going to compare me to Eugene Wrayburn still? Just for the record,I disagree with Eugene Wrayburn. I'm not unresonable like him,and he had some issues with me. So stop,because I have NOT compared you guys to him or everybody else. But,I CAN if you guys keep it up.
Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple. I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Basically,the NPC games are selling like hot cakes,because casual gamers want them. I would LOVE to even see 3rd party NPC games. How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

Knux

Kizzi

Dang! no one even responded to my post.
ahh whatever, I already got part of alex's post erased.

Edited on by Kizzi

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Knux

theblackdragon wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Well,AlexSays called on Adam,so like the old saying goes, a tooth for a tooth.

what teeth? Chicken Brutus shouldn't have any, unless you're calling on... dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn... an impostor! DDD:

Ok,I should have said,a beak for a beak.

Knux

Knux

Kizzi wrote:

uh oh... here I go:
I for one am a fan a NPC games. As far as I see it, the only legit arguments that the anti-NPC people can bring up is that the NPC games are taking away from the development of new games, which as far as I know, there is no proof of that. We were shown at E3 that nintendo has some games coming up, maybe not as many as you would want, but there never is. All in all, NPC games are just games ported onto the wii from the gamecube with NPC play control so that people who missed the game could enjoy them, which i am fine with. So unless you have proof that these games are taking away from the development of new games, which I would be glad to see, you can't hate on these games unless you just don't like the game.

Kizzi,I was going to respond,sorry about that. You made some excellent points. Thumbs up!

Knux

Kizzi

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Kizzi,I was going to respond,sorry about that. You made some excellent points. Thumbs up!

thanks

Knux

Looks like I win,hands down! AlexSays apparently has given up. I have NO idea what his new topic is,but whatever it is,it can't be that important as the lengendary NPC games debate. After all the NPC topic had 10 PAGES deleted because it turned into the flaming wars.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Stevie

Now i have checked this issue out for myself on the internet i do understand, the point i was making is that you just stated "That's why Nintendo will NOT put Earthbound on the VC,because they will lose money." without backing this statement up with any facts, which doesn't help your debate.

The sentence should read Thats why Nintendo MOST LIKELY will not put Earthbound on the VC, as the lawsuits relating to the music in the game being similar to already licensed music would make it not worth their while

Knux

__Stevie wrote:

Now i have checked this issue out for myself on the internet i do understand, the point i was making is that you just stated "That's why Nintendo will NOT put Earthbound on the VC,because they will lose money." without backing this statement up with any facts, which doesn't help your debate.

The sentence should read Thats why Nintendo MOST LIKELY will not put Earthbound on the VC, as the lawsuits relating to the music in the game being similar to already licensed music would make it not worth their while

Well,I did not go into details,because I thought everybody knew this news. This news was put on Nintendo Life half a year ago. But,yeah sorry about that.

Knux

JTC-Pingas

This is a very good thread. I like it

Edited on by JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

Chrono_Cross

claps for SuperSonic1990

Wow you won a debate against Alexsays damn!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Stevie

No Problems , only trying to help, oh and for what my opinion is worth i am a fan of NPC, the only valid argument i could see against it is that Nintendo would not concentrate on new releases which is obviously not the case after this years E3.

Adam

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Oh,so you're guys going to compare me to Eugene Wrayburn still? Just for the record,I disagree with Eugene Wrayburn. I'm not unresonable like him,and he had some issues with me. So stop,because I have NOT compared you guys to him or everybody else. But,I CAN if you guys keep it up.

Don't say "guys." It was only me, and it was just a joke. But the fact that you continue to ignore every point I've made and every contradiction you've made does create a somewhat similar picture, just without all the non-sequitur and accusations of being emotional.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple.

I know what the phrase means, but you used it completely out of context. Hint: Quotes are helpful and easy to use.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

No one said they have stopped. I just said we aren't getting nearly as many of them as Japan is, and if they are truly selling like hot cakes, this would not be the case.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

This is even worse than the Mario Advance comparison. Twilight Princess was released on Wii first. The GC version is basically an "Old Play Control" edition. Get your facts straight. Plus, the GC version actually sold very, very well even after the Wii version was released, so apparently not everyone liked the mundane waggle controls added for the Wii. Even Nintendo has openly said that TP had disappointing sales. If the GC version had been released first, or even simultaneously, I doubt the Wii version would have sold well at all. Most prefer the traditional controls. Shaking a controller randomly to swing a sword is not revolutionary.

RE4 did do well, but that isn't at all relevant. It's a different company, and Wii already has one new RE and another in the works. Plus they were working on 5 at the same time for other systems. It is difficult to develop such games for Wii at the same time since it is so behind in graphical capabilities. Nintendo doesn't have this problem though because they only develop for one console.

EDIT: And now you're claiming to "win"? LOL. Now that sounds very familiar, but I'll refrain from saying why since you're sensitive about it.
Anyway, discussions aren't games. Also, you've ignored every point brought up against you, and you've clearly been contradicting yourself repeatedly, so even if it were a game, you've won nothing.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kizzi

Adam would you mind saying something about my quote, I'm curious what you have to say?

Objection

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Looks like I win,hands down! AlexSays apparently has given up. I have NO idea what his new topic is,but whatever it is,it can't be that important as the lengendary NPC games debate. After all the NPC topic had 10 PAGES deleted because it turned into the flaming wars.

So a thread is only important if it leads to idiots flaming? This thread is half-important already! I also didn't know that to "win", you just have to annoy your opponent with an old topic and have them go on to more productive endeavors while you hold the minority opinion.
*And not to be a jerk but because it bugs me, the phrase is usually "eye for an eye;" no one says "tooth for a tooth" by itself.

Kizzi wrote:

So unless you have proof that these games are taking away from the development of new games, which I would be glad to see, you can't hate on these games unless you just don't like the game.

I can't hate a game for it already being released and playable on the system its rereleasing for? Alright, I'm gonna go stop. Good thing I have people like you to tell me what I can and can't like.

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Chrono_Cross

weirdadam wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Don't say "guys." It was only me, and it was just a joke. But the fact that you continue to ignore every point I've made and every contradiction you've made does create a somewhat similar picture, just without all the non-sequitur and accusations of being emotional.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple.

I know what the phrase means, but you used it completely out of context. Hint: Quotes are helpful and easy to use.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

No one said they have stopped. I just said we aren't getting nearly as many of them as Japan is, and if they are truly selling like hot cakes, this would not be the case.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

This is even worse than the Mario Advance comparison. Twilight Princess was released on Wii first. The GC version is basically an "Old Play Control" edition. Get your facts straight. Plus, the GC version actually sold very, very well even after the Wii version was released, so apparently not everyone liked the mundane waggle controls added for the Wii. Even Nintendo has openly said that TP had disappointing sales. If the GC version had been released first, or even simultaneously, I doubt the Wii version would have sold well at all. Most prefer the traditional controls. Shaking a controller randomly to swing a sword is not revolutionary.

RE4 did do well, but that isn't at all relevant. It's a different company, and Wii already has one new RE and another in the works. Plus they were working on 5 at the same time for other systems. It is difficult to develop such games for Wii at the same time since it is so behind in graphical capabilities. Nintendo doesn't have this problem though because they only develop for one console.

EDIT: And now you're claiming to "win"? LOL. Now that sounds very familiar, but I'll refrain from saying why since you're sensitive about it.
Anyway, discussions aren't games. Also, you've ignored every point brought up against you, and you've clearly been contradicting yourself repeatedly, so even if it were a game, you've won nothing.

I seriously agree with most of what your claiming Adam though the main reason TP sold as bad as it did on Wii is due to the fact that when the Wii was released TP was also released on Wii and shortly followed GC. Not everyone in 2006 or even 2007 for that matter had a Wii, and with short shipments on Wiis, not too many could get one soon enough to begin with. Instead of buying a new-console to play the same Zelda with new controls why not just buy it for your GC and save the hassle?

And TP on Wii is technically a GC port because it was intended to originally release on GC but was also released on the Wii. IGN also seems to agree with me. Just watch their video review

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

EDIT: And now you're claiming to "win"? LOL. Now that's seriously Wrayburnesque. It's not a game. Also, you've ignored every point brought up against you, and you've clearly been contradicting yourself repeatedly.

Sorry,about that. Okay,so the Eugene Wrayburn thing was a joke,but you sounded pretty serious. Contradictions? If I contradicted,it must be without knowing. Show me my contradictions,and show me what points I have ignored. Now,I thought Twilight Princess sold real well,show me some sales figures for proof. I think the bad sales were in Japan,but we don't live in Japan do we? Capcom will still release more Resident Evil games that was on previous systems,including the Gamecube Resident Evil games. My point is that you and AlexSays hate NPC games,but they improve the games to the point they are better then before. Hey,they helped out to the point that the Wii sold 25 million systems. People are going to go with what they see on the shelves,not what critics or what you guys say. I think NPC Mario Tennis sold like hotcakes too. If I listen to you guys,I will be buying a Playstation 3 next,which has a very medicore libary. Emotional? I have a sense of humor while I debate. Eugene is too serious. Show me where I act like Eugene,and I'll show you that you're wrong.
I won for now,because AlexSays has ceased to comment. But,I know the debate is not over.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

theblackdragon

weirdadam wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

This is even worse than the Mario Advance comparison. Twilight Princess was released on Wii first. The GC version is basically an "Old Play Control" edition. Get your facts straight.

I really, really hate to disagree with you (especially when i'm largely agreeing with your overall points, Adam), but even though TP was released for Wii first, the GC version was complete for a year before the Wii version was released... it was held back due to Nintendo wanting to have the Wii version for the Wii's upcoming release, and they held it back another month so the Wii version could get a nice head-start in sales. The Wii version of TP is very much an NPC game even though it's not officially named as such. If the GC version was truly an Old Play Control game, Nintendo would've adapted it from the Wii version, but that's not how it went down.

weirdadam wrote:

agreeing with this. :/

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I won for now,because AlexSays has ceased to comment. But,I know the debate is not over.

there is no 'winning' or 'losing' here, there's just one side moving on to do something else before the other.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.