Forums

Topic: Favourite Video Game Music Track?

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,448

roy130390

Ah... So many to choose from like Live and Learn from Sonic, Someday from Twewy, One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy 7, Ozar Midrashim from Soul Reaver, Way to Fall from Metal Gear 3... But think that my favourite song might be The Tragic Prince from Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Fizza

....Can you tell what I've been playing recently?

I am absolutely in love with Herlock Sholmes right now. He is absolutely insane and I love it. His theme is also my favourite song in the game so far. It does such a great job of representing his efficiency and drive yet also madness and bonkers attitude. Who would've thought a person who's name is just Sherlock Holmes with the S swapped would be so absolutely endearing?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

The Gran Turismo series has an unreal amount of good music to listen do while driving. The lyrics are fantastic but the actual song does get you into the zone.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

Don't tell Nintendo.

I love how this song feels like you're at a dance party and everyone's grooving to this. Also, it reminds me highly of Miitopia whose soundtrack is one of the best ever made.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

sunny63

I really like Lace's Theme from HollowKnight Silksong.
Edit: Oh, am I supposed to put a link?

Edited on by sunny63

sunny63

BlackAceZero777

Any soundtrack from a Sonic game

NEO The World Ends With You. Honestly I like the more heavy metal approach and I feel some of its remixes are more fitting than the previous soundtrack.

Take heart, for a measure of a person lies not in how one deals with the easiest situations. But rather in what you do when faced with the most hopeless of circumstances. -Vexx

Twitter:

Ralizah

I'll do a top five, because just one is too sad.

Really, I could have substituted a bunch of tracks for this one, but GGG is easily the track it's most famous for, and it's easy to see why. Hard favorite video game soundtrack of all time.

Was torn between this, the prelude, and a few other tracks from some version of FF7. Kinda like Mario Galaxy, it has a legendary OST all-around. With that said, I really, really, really, really like this version of Tifa's theme in Remake.

Drifting Soul is easily my favorite vocal track from any of the Xenoblade games, and probably my single favorite Monolith Soft game track overall. Not an easy choice, since all of the Xenoblade games have some pretty excellent tracks.

I actually clipped this track and made it my ringtone. I love it to bits. Getting lost in Tokyo sucks, but if it's gonna happen anyway, might as well have this deeply atmospheric music playing in the background.

Again, another thoroughly amazing video game OST, but the ending theme is beautiful no matter which language you're listening to it in. The song carries extra resonance if you play until you get to the game's utterly mind-blowing true ending.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jedgamesguy

I don't have any one favourite track, but out of a list of the top 100, a random choice would probably land on a Xenoblade song. I'll come up with a list one day, but some of the best ones are the ones that either mix orchestra and synth (World Tree, or all of X's OST), or just go heavy with synths (Mechonis Field). Or night themes.

Ralizah wrote:

Drifting Soul is easily my favorite vocal track from any of the Xenoblade games, and probably my single favorite Monolith Soft game track overall. Not an easy choice, since all of the Xenoblade games have some pretty excellent tracks.

I'd agree it's a good, even great, track, but out of the entire Xenoblade catalogue? That's a very interesting claim. What part of the song did you like the most; the vocals, the shift in tone, et cetera? Maybe the cutscenes it played over too? I could make the same argument for Counterattack and Confrontation With (Engage) the Enemy...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ralizah

@TheJGG Strong vocal tracks are harder to come by in video game music, and it really stuck out for me. Very emotional vocals, gorgeous use of instruments, and yes, it's very well integrated into the game itself. Frankly, it could pass as a VERY good mainstream song.

Second place would probably go to Roaming the Wastes. It's so brash and grand, and really added to exploration on Mor Ardain.

Andee

@Ralizah Snake Eater is a passionately performed banger, but I suppose it could be argued that it was more of an incongruous tribute than an organic part of the game

Andee

Ralizah

@Andee Snake Eater is the best James Bond theme that was never actually in a James Bond film. Also crack up every time she passionately sings about Snake eating tree frogs.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic