Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,548

jump

I reckon Trump is faking but it’s nothing to do with the election, in two weeks he says he is cured thank to a new product he’s selling Trump-cinations available only through his own VIP membership club.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

Not a Trump fan, but I hope he pulls through (and maybe, just maybe, take it a bit more seriously now).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

I don't blame people for being skeptical, considering how often he lies, both directly and through his surrogates.

What a joy these last four years have been!

@Northwind Good point on Bolsonaro. He could have easily hidden any more severe symptoms he had. Although I'm guessing we would have heard if he'd been admitted to a regular hospital.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

porto

I can see the comment section in a couple pages. A full out political argument resulting in a locked thread.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Eel

@RR529 chances are he will be completely asymptomatic and start talking about how the whole thing was overhyped!

Anyhow yeah, let's not go too deep into politics. It's ok to talk about infected celebrities and political figures, but this is not the US election thread.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

porto

Can I make a US election thread

Just kidding. That’ll be the fastest locked thread in the history of forums.

porto

jump

@Apportal I will race you with my anti-abortion thread to see which one is closed first.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

porto

@jump Game on ;p

porto

porto

@Northwind I didn't say you were one of the "omg how dare you vote for him" users, I just saw many responses and just knew how it was gonna end up if one of the mods didn't say something.

porto

Christofu

What I find disturbing is how many people are posting stuff like "i hope he dies," or "if this doesnt work, someone should just kill him." Listen, not everyone likes him, in fact even as a more conservative thinking person, I think he is a rather awful human being at times, but wishing death on someone like that is rather horrible. Yes, he was rather stupid with wearing masks, etc, but still, c'mon people

Christofu

Christofu

@Eel Super unrelated but holy crap I forgot Huntail existed. Really shows every Pokemon deserves to stay, as every one has some big fans

Christofu

Christofu

@Eel what can i say, theres almost 900 currently. honestly I think they should pull another Unova for the next gen and push a 150 mon dex to get past 1000. would be very marketable

Christofu

WoomyNNYes

I wonder if something will have to be done to preserve the movie theater industry?
(Only respond if you can keep parties, politics, and political figures out.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes so you’re looking for some to help the cinema industry but they can’t be parties, politics, and political figures?

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Northwind Trolls was just one example of the streaming model in a coivd world, another was Mulan which underperformed. This isn’t new by the way, there’s been experiments with steaming before with mixed results and it depends on the movie itself more than anything.

Nicolai wrote:

Eel

From what I hear, Mulan was just an absolute mess of a movie.

I think not even China liked it?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Eel I liked it but it’s not got anything on the original. It’s 70ish of rotten tomatoes and is a lot better than Nutcracker, Beauty And The Beauty and some of their other live action films in recent years. People in China didn’t like the original either.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Northwind people seem to think Mulan was made for the Chinese market rather than it was just another one of their animated classics brought to live action. Beauty And The Beast wasn’t made for the French, The Lion King for Africans etc.

The Chinese market isn’t as lucrative as people think as The Chinese Government doesn’t allow foreign distributors to take large cuts so it can’t be aimed at just for the Chinese Market.

Nicolai wrote:

Tyranexx

I've also been wondering about the state of the theater industry since streaming (understandably) became the preferred way to showcase new movies during the pandemic. A few are surviving and open in some jurisdictions by airing older movies and using strict social distancing practices. I admittedly went to see one last week (The New Mutants) but made sure to pick an evening/time when the local theater usually has lower activity even not during a pandemic. It paid off; I was the only one in that particular house. (Yes, it had also been out about a month at that point. That's normal practice for me unless it's a movie I'm dying to see lol)

Normally I would have went to see Mulan as I've enjoyed some of the other live action movie adaptations I've seen....But that changed last year with The Lion King. The animated movie, like the original Mulan, is one of my favorite Disney films. It wasn't bad, but I didn't like some of the changes at all. I didn't want to experience something similar with Mulan.

I much prefer some of their more original spins that only use some of the source material from previous films, like Maleficent.

Christofu wrote:

What I find disturbing is how many people are posting stuff like "i hope he dies," or "if this doesnt work, someone should just kill him." Listen, not everyone likes him, in fact even as a more conservative thinking person, I think he is a rather awful human being at times, but wishing death on someone like that is rather horrible. Yes, he was rather stupid with wearing masks, etc, but still, c'mon people

I'm definitely not a fan of the guy and don't like how he's handled the pandemic (to name one thing), but I can't get behind wishing illness or death on anyone. It bothers me how talk like this is "okay" for some but not others. Wishing for the death of any human being is horrible IMO, no matter how foul they are. A life is a life.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic