Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,548

HistoricKombat

@Tasuki People are in denial because they don't want live a life with mandates in effect. Nobody does but to keep people from dying and out of hospitals, we have to live with social distancing, facial masks and vaccinations. However, some people don't get off their high horse to realize they are a danger to society when they actually think they are not.

Edited on by HistoricKombat

HistoricKombat

skywake

I feel like I'm well and truly on the opposite end of the global experience living in Perth. We have had a total of 1215 cases of COVID, total, since the start of the pandemic. Not per day, total. ~470 cases per million. We are currently in our worst outbreak since the start of the pandemic so there's a mask mandate, but worst for us was like, 50 cases all up? For perspective the global death rate is ~700/million.

For the vast majority of the pandemic the only restriction we've had is that if you come into WA you have to isolate for 14 days. Occasionally we've had mask mandates, a couple of times we've had 2-5 day lockdowns. But really it's been basically normal here.

.... but now we have an arbitrary date set of Feb 5th where we will drop that one restriction. At a point in time when the Eastern part of Australia is close to the worst place in the world in terms of case numbers. Australia as a whole has overtaken the US for new cases per day per million.

At least I've had my booster shot now and our state has a pretty high vaccination rate in general. Still, I feel like we're a couple of weeks away from the floodgates opening. Could be a fun year......

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Snatcher

@MortalKombat2007 No one is wearing mask where I i'm, at all, like there acting like everything is fine all of a sudden and no! they got the shot and now they think the don't need mask, no you need mask, walk into a store a shop and you will see (Where I live) All sorts of people not wearing there mask, like what the hell?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jump

I wish I was as good as the Americans at haggling. When I was offered a shot I just said yes like a sucka but I see the Americans saying no to their free shots and then still saying no to free shots plus savings bonds, Krispy Kreme and all sorts of goodies on the second/third/fourth offer. They must be holding out until they start getting offered something really big to take the shots like a diamond encrusted skateboard or a cameo appearance on Keeping Up with the Kardashians!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

Well been 14 hours now and I am starting to feel the side effects. It's honestly not to bad. The only symptoms I am feelings is I feel cold, achey and tired oh and a sore arm. To be honest the cold I had two weeks ago felt alot worst. Still we will see what tomorrow brings.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

@Tasuki Well, good, that's your immune system kicking in, so you know for certain it's working. That's exactly how I felt after my first shot. It wasn't too bad though. I'm getting the booster shot this Sunday.

Octane

skywake

@jump
Not worth holding out over here. First dose I got a juice box and an entry into a million dollar lottery draw, second dose I got water, booster I got a card telling me when I could leave the pharmacy

I suppose I got COVID antibodies which will allow me to do my part in suppressing community spread when it comes here. Which is nice. But those Americans got burgers, cash and all sorts!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

HistoricKombat

@Snatcher No mandates may not be in place in your area, or they are not enforced. Most stores in my area require facial masks but it is not enforced so customers can come and go with no protection whatsoever. I recieved both shots (intend to get a booster soon) and still wear my mask when I go to the mall but I often feel like I am the only customer who does this.

HistoricKombat

Tasuki

So 24 hours in and besides having a monster headache and being thirsty all the time I don't feel to bad. I am weak though as this morning I tried to pour me some orange juice and ended up dropping the whole jug and spilling it everywhere.

I am really hoping I continue to feel better cause I have work tomorrow.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well, I am feeling fine this morning which is good cause I have work today. Overall wasn't as bad as I expected but glad I took the day off from work.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well found out that both my roommate and a friend of mine have the rona. Luckily I haven't seen either of them in a while. Both were vaccinated so they both said it wasn't all that bad. They both said it was more like a cold then anything else. My roommate said the worst thing about it was not being able to taste or smell which made eating very interesting to say the least.

In fact my roommate just thought she has a bad headcold. It wasn't till her husband came home from work and was hit by the fumes of paint, she was painting minitures that she noticed she couldn't smell the fumes at all.

My Backlog

Snatcher

@Tasuki Dang thats crazy, to figure out by getting paint to the face, I'm glade to hear everyone is doing well.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tasuki

@Snatcher Yeah usually she paints with a window open to avoid the fumes but she was so into it that she didn't even noticed that she didn't have any windows open.

My Backlog

Snatcher

@Tasuki She might not have known if it wasn't for the windows being close.

Tasuki

@Snatcher Yeah as I said she thought it was a bad head cold but when her husband came home from work and was assaulted by paint fumes he asked her why she didn't have a window open. She said she didn't smell anything. At that point it clicked and she went to go get tested. But as I said other then a bit of congestion and a slight fever she said she didn't feel to bad.

My Backlog

Eel

Basically my entire town has it right now.

Thankfully the vaccines have greatly helped in reducing the symptoms of everyone, since its been largely just "a flu" on everyone. At the same time.

They really picked a good moment to get the third shot on the elderly people, it was almost a month before the big spread happened. So I'm certain that saved a few lives.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, all the sudden, lots of my parent's friends got covid. One couple (in their 60s or 70s) didn't get vaccinated. The wife was hospitalized on christmas eve. The husband wasn't hospitalized, possibly out of stubborness, but he's still in bad shape two+ weeks later. My parents other friends said it was like having a cold - they were vaccinated, also 60-80 years old.

For some perspective, here in the US,
New case numbers for my county have more than double the previous record new-case-count set last winter. New case numbers in my brother's county, bordering DC had trippled the previous new cases count record. Their previous record was was like 1,800 new cases from last winter, but after xmas and new years this year, they hit 6,200, and then like 7,100.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RR529

It's finally found it's way into our household (my mother has it), so it's only probably a matter of time until it spreads to the rest of us. Luckily, when I spoke to her this morning she said she was feeling a bit better than she did yesterday.

We've all had the first two shots, but haven't yet been boosted.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NinChocolate

My roommate is just getting over it. I don’t think I picked up any symptoms. I wore a mask in parts of the house as well as waited 20 minutes before using a common space after in order to reduce exposure (not eliminate it)

NinChocolate

Fizza

My 2 sisters both got it over Christmas/New Years so that was interesting to put it mildly. Ironically, I'm the one in my family with auto-immune difficulties (the guy who gets sick the easiest) and I didn't even get it ONCE. I guess I'm just really good at following guidelines, huh? I've had all my vaccine shots and my booster as well so hopefully I'll be grand until all of this blows over.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic