Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,548

Octane

@Ralizah Depends.

I wear medical gloves at work and uni, because I never touch my face when I wear gloves. That's the number one rule. So it's an easy way to ensure I don't touch my face.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I could see it if it's a reminder to not touch your face. But there's certainly no reason for anyone to expect gloves wearing to be adopted on any sort of mass scale, like mask wearing.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Zeldafan79

So they can force us to wear masks but not gloves? Seems legit. I don't get it. I thought anything you touch could spread the virus. Hell if you listen to the horror stories in the media even so much as breathing in the vicinity of others will kill you. It'll basically turn your vital organs into liguid poop! Better not go out and check your mail box. The mail man could have coughed all over your mail! If covering our faces is so important but gloves aren't then what's all this talk about contact free food delivery? Why don't they just permanantly close all dining rooms? I mean if we're gonna go nuts then let's go nuts.

Oh jeeze what if somebody sneezed all over these keyboards we're typing on and we didn't even know it? Well i guess that's it for the human race! It was fun while it lasted.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Anti-Matter

@Zeldafan79
What are you talking about ?
Are you being hyper paranoid with this situation right now??
Just keep obey the health protocols and you will keep survive!

Anti-Matter

-Green-

How are schools handling the whole virus in your areas? My little sister started classes online and listening to her and her class, it sounds miserable. Constant technical issues and the morale seems low

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

WoomyNNYes

@-Green- In northern Virginia, my 3 nieces' school openings are delayed two weeks. However they still had summer homework going on in August. Their schools will be doing online learning. They did online learning for the end of last school year. My brother has set up a couple rooms in the house specifically as work spaces, like an office, so each kid has their own room for online learning, as an effort to minimize distractions.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@-Green-
We did Zoom meeting for teaching.
Students must submit their works to Google Classroom.

Anti-Matter

Xyphon22

@-Green- It's not great, and the teachers don't know what they are doing, but the worst thing is that parents need to be even more involved than usual and they aren't doing it. My kids are doing online (there is an in-person option here in NE Tennessee, but we aren't doing it) and they have so many activities they are supposed to do online so the teachers can keep track of them. My son has been doing certain things everyday, half an hour a day, for 4-5 weeks now. But the teacher said in their Zoom meeting yesterday that there are more than a few kids who have not logged on to do any of them even one time yet, which is all on the parents having them do it (he's in third grade). And because of "circumstances" they will probably get away with it, which is frustrating. But at least my kid is learning.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Blooper987

@-Green- luckily where I am is currently pretty much the same. Masks in big classes. 2 people per table if possible. Only 4 can sit at a table during lunch. Everyone ( even all my teachers ) are hoping and praying we don’t have to go to online again when flu season hits. Fingers crossed 🤞

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Octane

@-Green- Schools are open again over here. Most have just had their first week or two. Universities are more restricted because social distancing needs to be maintained. But they're trying to do as much as possible in person for first year students at least. A lot of it is still online though. Practical sessions are possible, but in small groups.

Octane

kkslider5552000

reality is officially a work of fiction where the timing of events would be blasted for being considered unrealistic

otherwise, i got nothing anymore

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zeldafan79

I've been noticing alot of stores lately at least in Indiana have been just putting up with people not wearing masks. They're like whatever they don't pay me enough to get screamed at. The signs are on the doors and people just walk in unmasked and nobody says a word. Oh and get this. Have you guys heard that now Florida has completely lifted all Covid restrictions?

See we're screwed anyway. People are gonna do whatever they want.

Zeldafan79

I still don't get why all this hysteria is happening over covid but no other illness in history got this kind of widespread panic and fear. Aids, Sars, bird flu, swine flu or the bubonic plague. Well i wasn't there for that but I'm pretty sure people weren't wearing masks at every public gathering. There are a whole lot of things that can kill you so I'm not going to constantly live in fear over yet another thing that'll kill you.

"People die all the time. Why you could wake up dead tomorrow" (Homer simpson)

kkslider5552000

i have no energy to even care to argue against you or whatever but its less demanding every single situation having every single person being perfectly safe as much as "no srsly do the bare minimum you entitled weirdos, at least try"

when i make my book long list of "valid points im not talking about because stupid people would agree with me for their infinitely dumber reasons", masks not being the magical savior of society will be one of them btw

i will say quoting homer simpson an hour after the president of the united states got it is not the best argument i've heard

btw: i have no energy for a follow up post, please do not reply to this one, thank you

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@Zeldafan79 You do know. It has been explained to you many times. There is, unfortunately, nothing that can be done to overcome someone's willful ignorance on a subject.

For the last time: nobody is asking you to live in fear. Just have some basic consideration for others when you're out in public by staying away from them and wearing a mask. How you choose to emotionally respond to the pandemic is your business.

Also, Homer Simpson is a buffoon, not a life coach or a role model.

@Northwind I mean, the white house physician has released a statement to the media verifying it.

@kkslider5552000 Nothing surprises me any more. Maybe it'll be zombies or a meteor next month.

Zeldafan79

@Ralizah
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess!

Ralizah

@Northwind I'm not inclined to believe a thing that comes out of this white house either, but considering this will mean he won't be campaigning, raises concerns about electing a sickly president, etc. it seems incredibly unlikely to be be untrue. I don't see why Trump would lie about something like this, when it's only going to hurt him politically.

Actually, I have to admit, I'm kind of impressed. I fully expected a cover-up if he ever actually contracted it.

EDIT: This is... how many world leaders who have contracted it now? Boris Johnson had a pretty hard time with it. Bolsonaro's case was either very mild or asymptomatic. I'm pretty sure I remember some middle-eastern leaders getting it as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

(a) I'm entirely prepared to believe Trump has Covid.

(b) I'm entirely prepared to believe Trump's Covid diagnosis is just a ploy to either mess with the election (IDK, are there any rules about delaying election under extenuating circumstance, POTUS illness etc?) or just getting him out of the frontline to limit the PR damage from losing the election.

Whether it's (a) or (b), it's time to pump that sucka full of bleach through every orifice to test out his theory.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic