Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 341 to 360 of 13,108

Objection

Well yes, CN has derailed the thread just like it derailed itself of quality. But its still relevant, really.
Just like talking about how the anime industry (especially in the US) is near death thanks to piracy.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

RoyalBlur

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Well yes, CN has derailed the thread just like it derailed itself of quality. But its still relevant, really.
Just like talking about how the anime industry (especially in the US) is near death thanks to piracy.

Yes, I agree with you objection_blaster. Talking about Cartoon Network helps to keep me in check with my rage at the channel.

I know Avatar The Last Airbender isn't actually anime but I enjoy that program a lot. I made it to episode 14 of One Piece and the show is getting better and better. I might choose to read some of the One Piece manga to.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Guys check this out! http://www.crunchyroll.com/heroman/episode-1-beginning-539930

It's a new anime from Stan Lee!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FonistofCruxis

I recently started watching an anime called bakuman. It's about two guys that want to become manga-ka. The concept may not sound that good but it is.

Objection

I've started watching Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, the sequel to Higurashi. Only on episode 3 so far because youtube is being failtastic.

CanisWolfred

So as I mention before, I rewatched Evangelion and actually liked it this time. So muc so that I rewatched End of Engelion to see if I would enjoy that, too. I didn't. I really didn't. It's still a terrible, disgusting, disturbing movie that makes everything in the main series seem normal. I can't think of any other movie that has disappointed me more. It's like Anno only made it as an insult to his more annoying fans. I hated it, and I'll never be able to unsee it, and no matter what anyone says, I'll never accept it as the canon ending.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Objection

With the exception of the lack of a piano version of the openign song, I can't see why you'd dislike EoE more than the ending of Evangelion. It didn't even have f--king animation for most of the last 2 episodes?!

CanisWolfred

Objection_Blaster wrote:

With the exception of the lack of a piano version of the openign song, I can't see why you'd dislike EoE more than the ending of Evangelion. It didn't even have f--king animation for most of the last 2 episodes?!

The plot was quickly becoming pointless at that point anyways. I'm just glad they cut out the crap and did a straight up psychological evaluation of all of the important characters and even worked on fixing the Shinji. It was my favorite part of the series, to be honest. End of Eva just doesn't do it enough justice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezner

Has anyone seen or heard of the anime Canaan? I'm 9 episodes in and it's really good. Just the right amount of humor, action, and plot! Great animation and character design too. Looking forward the last 4 episodes.

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

Has anyone seen or heard of the anime Canaan? I'm 9 episodes in and it's really good. Just the right amount of humor, action, and plot! Great animation and character design too. Looking forward the last 4 episodes.

I keep hearing about it, looks pretty interesting, but I know nothing about it. It's only 13 episodes, so I might chech it out if its available for streaming. Anybody know if Baccano is any good? That's another one I keep hearing about.

I'd also like to note that for a moment, I was confusing Canaan and Baccano for two completely unrelated shows.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

ANYONE WHO READS THIS POST SHOULD WATCH STAR DRIVER.

THAT IS AN ORDER.

GLITTERING STAR!!!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RoyalBlur

I know this is an anime thread but we know that manga and anime are birds of the same feather and so therefore I shall ask a small question. Has anyone here read the new manga Ultimo from Stan Lee in Shonen Jump magazine?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

Dezner wrote:

I keep hearing about it, looks pretty interesting, but I know nothing about it. It's only 13 episodes, so I might chech it out if its available for streaming. Anybody know if Baccano is any good? That's another one I keep hearing about.

I'd also like to note that for a moment, I was confusing Canaan and Baccano for two completely unrelated shows.

Just FYI Canaan is based on the Wii sound novel game 428 ~ In A Blockaded Shibuya ~.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Dezner wrote:

Just FYI Canaan is based on the Wii sound novel game 428 ~ In A Blockaded Shibuya ~.

It is? Neat! And no wonder how I heard of 428 before you mentoned it. I'll be sure to watch it right away!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Popyman

TokyoRed wrote:

I know this is an anime thread but we know that manga and anime are birds of the same feather and so therefore I shall ask a small question. Has anyone here read the new manga Ultimo from Stan Lee in Shonen Jump magazine?

I have. I don't like it that much though...=(

I'm watching Gilgamesh on Netflix now, it's really cool. The art, the opening, and just it's style in general remind me of the early Persona games.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

CanisWolfred

Popyman wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I have. I don't like it that much though...=(

I'm watching Gilgamesh on Netflix now, it's really cool. The art, the opening, and just it's style in general remind me of the early Persona games.

I see what you mean. I'll add that to my "To watch" list.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NeoShinobi

Well I FINALLY finished the last few episodes of Cowboy Bebop last week (yah, I'm pretty slow with this). Pretty powerful stuff. Now I would really like to see the movie. A friend of mine once told me that the movie took place sometime after the show, but after finishing the show, I now know that that's pretty much impossible. So, I'm guessing the movie takes place sometime in the middle of the show or something?

Edited on by NeoShinobi

.... or something like that.

CanisWolfred

NeoShinobi wrote:

Well I FINALLY finished the last few episodes of Cowboy Bebop last week (yah, I'm pretty slow with this). Pretty powerful stuff. Now I would really like to see the movie. A friend of mine once told me that the movie took place sometime after the show, but after finishing the show, I now know that that's pretty much impossible. So, I'm guessing the movie takes place sometime in the middle of the show or something?

The show actually seemed to leave off on a cliff-hanger, from what I watched. Honestly, I didn't even realized it was the ending until I saw the first few episodes last night. The movie doesn't sound like it wraps anything up, either. Speaking of which, I'll be going through Cowboy Bebop from start to finish this week, something I've never really done with this series. The Movie's on sale in case anyone's wondering.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic