Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 13,181 to 13,193 of 13,193

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 it’s not a great show. The characters are just so unbelievably bland. It ha 29 characters and none are fleshed out

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

kkslider5552000

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get through the long runners I've been stuck with. Dragon Quest, Naruto: Shippuden, (pre-time skip) One Piece, I want to at least be close to done with by the end of the year. Dragon Quest is at least relatively new but I've been dragging my feet with the other two for a very long time now. Like between both of them I've watched maybe slightly above 300 new episodes in the past DECADE.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I've never seen Fate, I just love Astolfo.

There is no end though there is a start in space. — Infinite.
It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Thats probably the best way to enjoy fate no joke he’s the only tolerable character

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

Pizzamorg

Excuse my language, but Holy s***balls, that Witch from Mercury finale was ***** bonkers. One of the most wild shifts in tone I've seen from basically anything.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Midnight Suns.
PS5 Games currently playing:
Switch Games currently playing: Fire Emblem Engage.

Pizzamorg

New anime season y'all. Based on the high quality research of a first episode sweep on a bunch of shows, I think I am going to pick up Revenger, High Card and Sugar Apple Fairy Tale.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Midnight Suns.
PS5 Games currently playing:
Switch Games currently playing: Fire Emblem Engage.

RR529

Small addition to the collection.

Untitled

InuYasha Set 2 - As THE anime for me in middle/high school, I'm continuing to slowly acquire it all. If you've seen it before, I'm at the point Kagura is being introduced.

Ghost in the Shell - A bit of a confession is that GitS media tends to elude me (Arise is said to be more "streamlined" compared to the other series, yet I kinda start losing the plot by OVA 3 for example), however the original film is the exception to the rule & I LOVE it. Super excited since it's my first 4K anime purchase as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@RR529 How many seasons of Inuyashaare there...
I think this show is older than me and I'm scared to even start it

It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

RR529

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko

In the west it's split up into 8 seasons (7 of the original series, then the Final Act), and is just shy of 200 episodes total. Oh, there's also the 4 movies, but they're not necessary to follow the story.

Depending on how you get on with it, there's also the recent YashaHime sequel, which had 2 seasons and is around 50 episodes long (it's not nearly as good as the OG series though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@RR529 Ok, yeah, I'm not watching that. I'll stick with my 12 episode slice of lifes.

RR529

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko, It's not even the worst series when it comes to episode count, lol, though I get your apprehension.

If you want to dip your toes into longer running fare, I'd suggest something like Code Geass or Eureka 7 (both of which are around 50 episodes long) before trying something like Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin (both of which are around 100 episodes or so?)

12-13 episodes is simply not enough time to fully flesh out & get attached to a story IMO. To me a 24-26 episode series is the general bare minimum to have a fleshed out series, & ideally the sweet spot is anywhere between 25-50 episodes.

That said I do like some short anime.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@RR529 I can get VERY much attached to a short series. Tonikawa is 12 episodesand 2 OVA's, and it's been my favorite and probably most attached anime ever since I was 11. And I only keep growing more and more fond of it, considering me and my best friend met on a Tonikawa Discord server. Just 3 days ago marked an exact year we met. He's my best friend and probably the person (besides my brother) who I'm the closest with.

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

12-13 episodes is simply not enough time to fully flesh out & get attached to a story IMO.

That's what happens when you take series that would need 25 or 50+ episodes to be adapted into a complete story and always put out 12 episodes that might never get a conclusion. I think Chainsaw Man especially made that apparent to me, when even an anime of that quality feels like it ends with a shrug of a nothing of a cliffhanger.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic