Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,597

Wisps

@FishyS I guess that would work too. But I think a more direct approach. An open question like what score would you put to this game? Followed up by scores. They did this with Sonic Frontiers for example but in a separate article and this was because that game had a vastly different user versus reviewer opinion. I just think that doing this for every game would help the review in general by having both reviewer and user score in the same place. (Thus avoiding heated discussion in the comments).

Wisps

FishyS

@Wisps For Sonic Frontiers, I believe the poll was just a different interface for the normal user-rating system. It was fun to see the whole distribution of scores rather than just the average score though; it was a relatively standard distribution centered near 7, but with 5% trolls rating it 1/10 😛 It would be interesting if we could always see that data.

I think it worked well for Sonic because the poll was some days after the review in a separate article, so people had had time to actually play the game. I'm not sure if it could have stopped arguments in the review comments itself.

Most reviewed games tend to have much less controversial discussion under the reviews. And of course most games don't even get a review. Hard to think what would make sense for all situations, but I agree having the poll probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

antdickens

@FishyS @Wisps yeah... so we recently introduced that poll feature, but it is just a different interface to the game rating system — you can rate any game at any time (out of 10), assuming it has been released. These ratings then form the basis of our ranked game lists too; it's all the same system. Hope that makes sense!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens Any chance of a reminder article about Fire Emblem Fates no longer being purchasable from the eshop from February 28th.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/07/fire-emblem-fates-s...

There's been plenty of reminders about the general 3DS and Wii U eshop situation but people may have forgotten that Fates is a month earlier.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dartmonkey

@Grumblevolcano We've got something planned on that front, and we'll be highlighting a whole bunch of our favourites throughout March, too — give them a proper send-off and hopefully get more eyeballs on some gems!

dartmonkey

Twitter:

Fizza

I'd like to report an issue I've been experiencing. Whenever I try to load something on here (an article, a forum, even the main home page), I keep getting the same generic Error message. A few refreshes of the page usually fixes it but I'm wondering why it's even happening when it's been fine for the last year

The error message in question:
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Yannis

@Fizza i've encountered this error multiple times as well

Yannis

Switch Friend Code: SW-1329-7751-0704 | Nintendo Network ID: Johnnie

WoomyNNYes

Ditto regarding NL failing to load over the past couple days. It's only lasted a couple minutes on at least two occasions. I assumed it was a maintenance thing.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

FishyS

I have that error occasionally. I just assumed the site was temporarily down. Are we all getting it at the same time? I feel like it was happening to me around 6pm EST earlier this week.

At least one of the recent times I got that error I couldn't load discord either so I thought perhaps it was a cloudflare issue.

edit: Just had the issue at 9:05 am EST and no other websites seemed to be affected. Refreshing for 30 seconds fixed it temporarily but the issue is happening again now.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Fizza

@antdickens I'll let you know if anything happens within the next 24 hours 👍

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

antdickens wrote:

yeah we've had an on-going database issue over the past few days... that said I /think/ we have just fixed it, therefore should be OK/better from now on.

You've always got your finger on the pulse, Ant. 🌈😎

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

TeaCatherine

Eagly wrote:

@antdickens So I posted something in the chit chat thread and it notified people but they cant see it logged in. They can only see it when they are logged out. This is the second time it has happened to me.

Can vouch for this being the case.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Snatcher

@antdickens there is an issue with the tags not appearing for me, and a lot of other people too! I just wanted to let you know.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

@antdickens I clicked an @ for the chit-chat thread and it sent me to the movie thread instead.

dysgraphia awareness human

antdickens

Eagly wrote:

@antdickens So I posted something in the chit chat thread and it notified people but they cant see it logged in. They can only see it when they are logged out. This is the second time it has happened to me.

So this should be fixed now... it was actually a bug with our spoiler-filter system that your post was triggering. It's all fixed now though — I've removed the posts to avoid duplication.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Snatcher

@antdickens I got a tag from Eagly, but I didn’t see a reply there, and apparently they tried to tag me multiple times before it got through. Here is the specific link!

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_ch...

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic