Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,260

antdickens

@Octane come to think of it, I think we should just archive topics that have had no replies in 12 months, rather than locking them. Then anything locked over 18 months gets archived too. Thoughts?

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Octane

@antdickens Archiving wouldn't be necessary I think; what if people are still looking for specific answers that have been answered before? You can't search for archived threads, right? But that's up to you!

I'll edit most of the game specific threads to include "OT" in the title.

And while we're on the topic. Have you ever thought about merging all the Wii-related forums into a single Wii forum, just like the single Switch forum? Same with Wii U, DS and 3DS. These are a lot less active nowadays and I personally see no reason to keep it all separated.

Octane

antdickens

@Octane yep, you can search archived topics (it will search them by default) they just don't show in the browsing/listings anymore. So I think that's probably the best approach. I can certainly exclude any with "OT" in the title from being affected, it will also ignore any sticky threads.

As for merging, yep, I intend to do that as well as it should make things a lot neater

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Morpheel

It might be worth going a bit further and merging DS with 3DS, and Wii with WiiU.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@antdickens Alright, in that case I can see your point!

@Delibheel Well, maybe DS and Wii can go into the Retro forum instead. I think that makes more sense.

Octane

ReaderRagfish

What if I just add OT to all my future topics

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs
> check if ReaderRagfihs made the thread
>> check if title contains "OT"
>>> delete immediately

Octane

Morpheel

If you put Wii and DS in the retro forum, you’ll have several grandpas complaining.

And seeing how the WiiU and the 3DS are completely backwards compatible with the Wii and the DS respectively (and they belong to the same system families), I think it makes perfect sense.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@antdickens Is there a way to automatically have threads lock after six months or so of no activity. I feel this would cut down on the necroposting and maybe even help clear up confusion on how old a thread is too old to be used.

I was @ by a user today for a post I made 3 years ago.

Also I feel that it will help prevent spammers from posting in older threads in hopes of hiding their links.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Morpheel

Oh I have an idea. You know how the site changes colors with different themes?

Maybe it would be nice to let users pick a color for their profile, to complement their avatar/banner.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

AlohaPizzaJack

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe it would be nice to let users pick a color for their profile, to complement their avatar/banner.

@antdickens That would be super fun!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

I'd like this as well. I don't tend to mind the changing themes much, but I do prefer the Wii/Wii U blue theme over Switch Red.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfish

Morpheel wrote:

This would be neat... if we actually had a reason to visit profiles. Like privates messages or something.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

gcunit

Anyone else find the thumbsdown button more of an annoyance than it's worth?

Reading through the comments section for the My Time At Portia review and seeing that 5+ users have downvoted posts celebrating the inclusiveness of the same-sex relationships in the game just seems distasteful to me. Can only be veiled homophobia or prejudice against particular users. Does @NintendoLife want to be a site where LGBT users can just be downvote bombed?

Similarly, certain users just seem to get any comment they make downvoted by, presumably, a certain group of users. Just because the victim cannot directly see the downvotes themselves, it doesn't stop it coming across as bullying etc. to third party users.

I don't want to see it.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Pluto14

@gcunit I completely agree that the thumbsdown button adds nothing to the comment section. If you don't like a comment, just ignore it. If you think that a comment is inappropiate, report it. Disliking a comment does literally nothing: The user who made the comment can't see the dislikes and those who can see them aren't affected in a positive way.

Pluto14

LetsGoSwitch

@gcunit Completely agree. I was shocked to see that as well on the Same-Sex posts. I'm not part of that community but don't have a problem with people in it. Those who disagree should just keep opinions for theirself

LetsGoSwitch

Morpheel

To be fair, Charlie and Anti already a have a bit of a cult following that dislike their comments no matter what they post. But yeah I don’t find he dislike button to be particularly useful.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tyranexx

I don't see the point of the dislike button either. While I believe most obvious troll posts deserve it (Though I usually put said trolls on my Ignore list anyway), I feel like it adds no value and comes off as abusive at times to some users. It's true that the targeted users and guests/users not logged in can't see them, but I sometimes feel myself irked about another user's downvoted comment when I can't distinguish anything wrong with it. It's almost like an in-joke at another person's expense.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic