Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,596

Matthew010

@StableInvadeel Oh lord. I was looking forward to March 23rd. Not anymore. And what about when Gen V release in PoGo? It's only going to get worse!

Matthew010

Eel

Oh you don’t need to wait that long, right now they added a new quest that requires the player to add three new friends.

That’s gonna inflate our numbers starting yesterday.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CurryPowderKeg79

Sell the black NintendoLife shirts! It would be a source of income and good advertisement. Or at least have a contest where we can win one.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Bunkerneath

New idea, when you do a tease on a game coming to switch etc.
On the right hand side where the game's info is, make it so if you hover over the picture of the game (like in the games collection listing), you can add to the "Maybe/Want" list.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Tasuki

I don't know if it's some anti spam thing or what but sometimes when I losta comment I get a message saying "can't think of something more to say?". Which is really annoying. I mean if I thought of more to say I would have said it.

I am all for anti spam measurements and such but this is kinda overkill as honestly if I want put down what I am thinking of or what I want to say then what's the point of commenting? It just makes it feel very uninviting to comment.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mijzelffan

iI would like it if it were possible to filter out certain topics on the main site similarly to how you can already filter out users. I want to stay unspoiled for for instance pokemon, but since this site always puts new pokemon as the featured image on the main page I would have to stop reading nintendolife altogether for the next month. If was able to filter out the articles with the pokemon tag though I could still stay to read everything else.

Mijzelffan

Dogorilla

Mijzelffan wrote:

iI would like it if it were possible to filter out certain topics on the main site similarly to how you can already filter out users. I want to stay unspoiled for for instance pokemon, but since this site always puts new pokemon as the featured image on the main page I would have to stop reading nintendolife altogether for the next month. If was able to filter out the articles with the pokemon tag though I could still stay to read everything else.

I've been thinking this would be a good idea too. I hate seeing leaked games/info prior to Directs/E3, so if I could filter out 'Rumour' articles I could still use the site without having that stuff spoiled.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Diddy64

Here's something that I am sure a lot of us would appreciate. A type of filter that automatically makes comments unseenable. Yes we have an ignore button and I appreciated, but if a new account appears, it is impossible to know if that user is friendly or toxic until we read its message, which would be unpleasant for the reader if it turns out to be the same troll under a different name.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

GarlicGuzzler

I would like to be able to see your own dislikes. Maybe private message others. And put the replies to comments right underneath rather than having to look in a sea of comments for replies

Ok

Octane

@Diddy64 Just report them if you think a troll is using a duplicate account. Even though in practice this doesn't really happen a lot, it is possible. We'll try and sort it out.

Octane

Diddy64

@Octane I will try, although yesterday I reported someone that created an account to troll, but no one did nothing. It was between 7PM-9PM.

Undergoing games:

Octane

@Diddy64 I'm sorry, I cannot find the report, so I think another mod has handled it.

Octane

Diddy64

@Octane You are right. I just checked and the comment is no longer there. So it's safe to assume the individual has been banned. Thanks for checking and sorry if I take some of your time.

Undergoing games:

WoomyNNYes

I'll leave judgement up to Nintendo Life staff, but I think it would be great if I could toggle an option to ping me an email when Nintendo Life posts a review. Sometimes, I visit the site and say," Holy crap! I didn't know hat review is out!??", or in other cases I'm eagerly waiting for specific game review. This current tourist-y game will go nameless for now But I'd welcome the option to toggle email pings when reviews are posted.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

dew12333

Sorry to moan, but I noticed you mentioned that if I used adbloc it would stop revenue for you. So you will be pleased to here I have turned it off for.

However I have noticed that most of the adverts are for playstation, is it just me but that's just wrong. It looks like you sold yourself to the devil!

dew12333

Grumblevolcano

I've thought of an idea for the site that would be extremely useful, the ability to mute tags. For example mute the "rumour" tag and no articles featuring leaks appear on the home page. Back in the Wii U days, Directs used to be full of huge surprises and with a mute tag option those who want that kind of surprise back can without going internet silent.

Along with this, also add in a special tag for the controversy stuff like the national dex situation for Sword/Shield so people can mute that if they want.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I've thought of an idea for the site that would be extremely useful, the ability to mute tags. For example mute the "rumour" tag and no articles featuring leaks appear on the home page. Back in the Wii U days, Directs used to be full of huge surprises and with a mute tag option those who want that kind of surprise back can without going internet silent.

Along with this, also add in a special tag for the controversy stuff like the national dex situation for Sword/Shield so people can mute that if they want.

I second tag filtering. I don't mind most of the stuff that I see on the main site's timeline, but there are occasionally articles I'd rather ignore entirely.

Tag filtering for Mature content might help satisfy a certain someone too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx That would probably, or rather: more than likely result in a VERY short home page article list...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic