Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 761 to 780 of 3,958

Eel

Rhydon the one and only original Pokemon. And he's ground.

What's even sadder is that the Pokedex 3D models look nicer than the main games.

That's because Pokedex 3D only needs to render those models alone (and the background), in the case of the games you have two-six monsters, detailed backgrounds, moves, trainers, real gameplay, etc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

I also kinda wish they'd bring back the Pokedex layout from HGSS. Looked better than a plain list imo. Don't know why they went back to the list in BW (though at least it uses the touch screen unlike DPPt).

Same with the bag actually. That was a pain to use in DPPt.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

I was a bit indifferent to the pokedex in HGSS.

I loved the pokedex in BW2 though, the habitat list made it a lot more interesting, it's one of the few games where I actually completed the regional pokedex.

Bloop.

-Juice-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

It's sad the only information TPC gives us on the new pokemon and how to evolve/what their stats are is strictly only available in an outdated 3DS app.

Yeah, I was hoping that they would experiment with the Pokedex in XY after making Pokedex 3D and incorporate its functionality, but sadly they didn't.

What's even sadder is that the Pokedex 3D models look nicer than the main games.

I disagree. The Pokedex 3D models have this... weird off coloring that just makes them look gross. I much prefer the cel-shaded models that the games use, they're so vastly superior it isn't funny. The only issue I have is that a lot of them end up looking weird when the camera isn't zoomed in on them, but that's not a problem with the models, it's a problem with the 3DS itself.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Araquanid

I was hoping the models for x/y would be on par with the ones in super mystery dungeon.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Haru17

My Bird Jesus joke was excellent: admit it.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Socar

If that leak is true, I kinda lost interest in getting Litten as my starter......it just looks like some Saber....and we have plenty of those types.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Octane wrote:

Socar Source?

That's a far too subjective question, you have the dependable and solid ketchup, my personal favourite BBQ, peri peri is good too but it really comes down to what you're having it with.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Tsurii
Grass / Ground
Fire
Water / Fighting

Seems plausible to me.

Octane

AlliMeadow

@Octane We have no reason to believe that will be the final types though. Since they have added the images for Ground and Fighting it is more plausible to think the next Pokémon revealed will be of those types. The starter evos aren't usually revealed until about a month before release, so it would be strange for them to add the images because of something they will probably reveal in 4 months instead of what they'll reveal in June.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Octane

@AlliMeadow I know, but it's still better than anyone's personal guesses.

Octane

DefHalan

I would be so disappointed if the Grass/Flying became something else. There are so few grass flying, I think they could do something special with it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

The funny thing here is that if it does change to Grass/Ground, it'll still be 4x weak to Ice.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Maxz

I find the idea of the Flying type being dropped slightly hard to swallow as well. Not that I refuse it as a possibility, but until there's an official confirmation to back it up, I'm keeping an open mind.

The whole point of starter Pokemon is that they grow with you, and they get built up in a relatively logical and obvious manner. Each evolution stage generally represents a clear progression from its previous form, and even when they don't (arguably, Blaziken, Samurott and Serperior), nothing particularly drastic happens with their typings.

We've had starters that gain secondary types during their evolutionary paths since Gen 1, but they've always been single types to begin with, so the extra type has been more of a 'cool new addition' rather than a heavy change of the Pokemon's characteristics.

There've been lots of other Pokemon with evolutionary changes that are so radical that it's part of their novelty (Slaking, Scizor, Bellosom, Shedinja, etc.) and others that change from one dual type to another without losing too much of their original identity (e.g. Steelix), but Grass/Flying to Grass/Ground strikes me as quite a heavy change for a starer, that would break the usual sense of progression. But we'll see.

I put the earlier song on YouTube as opposed to Soundcloud, so now it should embed properly. If people are fed up of me putting up non-original works/advertising (although I don't stand to gain financially), then please let me know.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Eel

Well, it would be unique as the one and only dual-type starter who changes its second type upon evolution.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Araquanid

AlliMeadow wrote:

@Octane We have no reason to believe that will be the final types though. Since they have added the images for Ground and Fighting it is more plausible to think the next Pokémon revealed will be of those types. The starter evos aren't usually revealed until about a month before release, so it would be strange for them to add the images because of something they will probably reveal in 4 months instead of what they'll reveal in June.

The starter evos weren't revealed for x/y until release day.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Tsurii wrote:

@Socar those were made by fans. The only "leak" there is are the supposed typings for Litten and Popplio's final evos and even that looks like the dude pulled the info out of his rear end.

I don't really buy the supposed "type leak". It doesn't make sense for Rowlet's typing to change from grass/flying to grass/ground. Then again, I take rumors with a pile of salt.

Plus, part of me is still hoping on Litten's final evolution being fire/dark.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.