Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 741 to 760 of 3,958

Eel

They could increase the amount substantially if they restructured the pokedex into counting families as a specie instead of each individual state of growth.

That way the bulbasaur family would be #1, charmander #2, etc.

Of course, that wouldn't change much, but it would keep the pokedex list from becoming overly long.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

I think they want to emphasize on the idea that you've seen everything. Like, back in gen 4 you had to atleast seen every pokemon inorder to recieve the national dex. It hasn't been that way for awhile, but there was always some method to atleast see the pokemon's existance so you can work towards getting it later. If they limited the dex to families, then you wouldn't really see what is and isn't actually in that family, how does the player know "this is first or final evolution" once they've seen/captured it.

Then of course there are evolutions with no simularities, say you captured a huntail, but then you revisit a route and see a clamperl. How would a new player know where to find clamperl? They'd look at cloyster's family first.

All they really need to do, is keep the regional dex it's usual near 150 mons, and then divide up the national dex based on region. Perhaps make it so that you can toggle which region to view.

I just wonder what pokemon will look like after 1000.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

You'd be able to see the individual Pokemon stages by selecting the family.

I didn't meant it as "replace all the individual information with only one set of information", it was more in the lines of arranging information in a more organized way instead of listing them all one by one.

The difference would be, for example, that bulbasaur, ivysaur and venusaur would all share the first spot on the pokedex list.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Inb4 two new digimon games come out, day and night verison.

They already have. Digimon World Dawn and Digimon World Dusk, both for the DS.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

They could increase the amount substantially if they restructured the pokedex into counting families as a specie instead of each individual state of growth.

That way the venusaur family would be #1, charizard #2, etc.

Of course, that wouldn't change much, but it would keep the pokedex list from becoming overly long.

That seems like a really good idea. The pokedex is so unwieldy now; folders would help.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

....Seems like a certain monster isn't enjoying this Rowlet.
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Haru17 wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

That way the venusaur family would be #1, charizard #2, etc.

That seems like a really good idea. The pokedex is so unwieldy now; folders would help.

Seems a little unnecessary personally, but I have been playing from the start, so the numbers don't mess me up that much. I feel that kind of restructuring wouldn't make things faster or easier.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Maxz

It would certainly be a way to tidy things up, and it would bring cross generational families together in a more logical way than the National Dex. Pokemon in the Regional Dec tend to get sorted more sensibly, but not all Pokemon make it into the Regional Dex. You could have a symbol next to a family to show if you'd seen them all, and another that would show if you'd caught them all.

Unrelatedly, I learnt to use some 8-bit tracking software and have de-made my battle theme. I'm not super skilled with it yet, so it's missing some bells as whistles, but I sounds decidedly 8-bitty, which is cool.

https://soundcloud.com/user-327390218/team-scrumptious-8-bit

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Araquanid

If it looks something like this:

001: (insert bulbasuar+Ivysaur+Vensaur Sprites)

002: (insert Charmander+Charmeleon+Charizard Sprite) (Press A)

• 004: Charmander
  • 005: Charmeleon
  • 006: Charizard

003: (Insert Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise sprites)

Then that would be pretty neat and clean looking.

@Maxz it's [youtube:id] NL has a different embeding method.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

To put pokemon "families" together, they could just have a button, when looking at a particular Pokemon, to go to its next/previous evolution. I just think making massive changes to the National Pokedex will add to the confusion

Araquanid

@DefHalan

If you want confusion play digimon. You have no literal idea what you're doing you just experiment until you get something.

Never played digimon if that statement is even true, just heard that

My Shinies

Maxz

@MegaBeedrill Thanks, it's a Soundcloud link and I wanted to use their little 'player' window thing, but I'm not sure if that's possible on NL. I want to get this link ( https://soundcloud.com/user-327390218/team-scrumptious-8-bit ) to be... more than a link, but that might be impossible.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

DefHalan

@MegaBeedrill There is a reason why i don't play digimon. Tried once on PS1 and couldn't understand what was happening.

I like the way X/Y handled the regional Pokedex, and they could basically do a similar thing with the national, just separate them based on generation. Then have that next/previous evolution button on pokemon details and you have a much more organized experience without making things more complicated.

I don't think seeing Chansey in the first 50 Pokemon and clicking on it then seeing

• 440 Happiny
  • 113 Chansey
  • 242 Blissey
    makes as much sense.

Edited on by DefHalan

Araquanid

@DefHalan

That's a good point, cross gen evolutions would look weird with that format.

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

Speaking of the Pokedex, I want them to add more useful information to it instead of just random blurbs of lore and height/weight information, we almost never need anything from the Pokedex except location data. I'd like to see them include more relevant info like stat ranges, moves, abilities, evolutionary lines, egg groups, etc., that's the kind of info we want to know about.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think seeing Chansey in the first 50 Pokemon and clicking on it then seeing

• 440 Happiny
  • 113 Chansey
  • 242 Blissey
    makes as much sense.

It doesn't. What would make sense is seeing 112 Happiny, 113 Chansey, and 114 Blissey. They need some serious organization—they're numbers on a screen, not commandments carved in stone by the hand of god.

Araquanid

It's sad the only information TPC gives us on the new pokemon and how to evolve/what their stats are is strictly only available in an outdated 3DS app.

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

It's sad the only information TPC gives us on the new pokemon and how to evolve/what their stats are is strictly only available in an outdated 3DS app.

Yeah, I was hoping that they would experiment with the Pokedex in XY after making Pokedex 3D and incorporate its functionality, but sadly they didn't.

What's even sadder is that the Pokedex 3D models look nicer than the main games.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Where is your arceus now?

Not those stone tablets.

Think Bird Jesus, but a ground type.

Edited on by Haru17

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.