Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 1,882

TriForcePikaJN

@mystman12 yeah, this internet filter sounds like it sucks, I hope theres a toggle option lel.

TriForcePikaJN

HolyYoshi

Finally took the plunge and got a new 3ds Galaxy with a copy if Samus Returns . Finally going to get cracking on the huge backlog of 3ds Rpgs I have missed out on and split time between 3ds and Switch

Love both systems ... 3ds just seems like a different experience than Switch, even when in handheld mode , and I really do like Switch in handheld even though I play it more docked.

Best of both worlds I guess!

Nintendo network ID : HolyYoshi
“ Wherever you go ... there you are “
Switch / My Nintendo : HolyYoshi!
Switch Friend Code : SW-4296-5017-1714
3ds Friend code : 1436-0922-5754

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Hey Jaxon, I know you are pretty big into modding and I have a few quick questions since I've been out of the scene for about a decade. Have you used Citra? I have two old 3dses lying around and I'm thinking about setting them up so I can dump my games onto my pc so I can play on a tv instead of roasting my retinas. Does it handle the dual screen aspect well? any issues with sound or general emulation? Are you able to back up download only games? Hopefully I won't get a mod smackdown since I'm not asking you how to do anything or where to get games (since I'm just wanting to rip games I own). Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mods, if this is out of bounds just let me know and I'll drop it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Honestly, Citra isn’t quite there yet. Some games run mostly fine, but half don’t, and the ones that do run fine need different forks of Citra. I had to download one specific fork to run FE Awakening, another to run Metroid Samus Returns, and yet another to run MHXX (which didn’t run as well as I’d hoped- no big deal there though, since MH Gen Ult released on Switch afterward).

I’m sure it’ll progress and eventually be amazing, but right now it’s kind of hit and miss. You can dump games directly from cart, but I don’t know of any way to back up your download only games. I always just got those off the Internet (though I would buy them first on my main 3DS- I had a separate modded one where I dumped all my physical carts to digital so I didn’t have to buy them over again just for convenience, but I also wanted my digital purchases there so that it wasn’t incomplete).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Sorry this is so late, I'm not on here as much anymore, thank you!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ringdangdoo

Silver Falls 3 down stars is an exclusive for The New 3ds that pushes the hardware. A uniqe survival horror game.
It is out now on e-shop in US and should hopefully get released in Europe 9 january 2020
Everyone that is looking for an exiting game and hardware pusher should buy it

Ringdangdoo

StanleyPon

Is there even a point in buying it now? Too late for the party?

Epic Times.

Sisilly_G

@StanleyPon : Late, sure. But now that all of the games would be discontinued as well, you may be able to grab some real gems at bargain prices if you are lucky enough to find them, but at this point, I think sticking to the Switch would be wiser.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Zeldafan79

Hey all! Since the 3DS is officially on the way out I've been considering an upgrade as i still have my original launch version. I definitely want one with a bigger screen but i don't know if i should go for a 2DS, 3DS XL or the new 3DS. I kinda want the cheapest option. As long as it's better than the original. That tiny thing was so hard to see and gave me hand cramps because of my big hands. Oh and i barely ever used the 3D cause it never worked right anyway. All i was seeing were double images.

So yeah anyhoo suggestions for my last 3DS?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

gcunit

@Zeldafan79 If you're not bothered about 3D and you want a large screen then you should go for the 'New 2DS'. You'll probably find it easier to find a good condition one, and at cheaper cost. The 3D variants have risen in price more so than the 2Ds.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Zeldafan79

@gcunit
Yeah that might work! I wasn't aware they had a new 2DS. There's so many versions i couldn't keep track.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

k8sMum

@Zeldafan79
I picked up a New 2DS a couple months ago after regretting trading my N3DS. Its a good unit, I got refurbed one, seems new. paid a bit too much due to the rise in prices during covid but I'm really enjoying it. A couple calls to Ninty got my digital purchases back.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

PSVR_lover

The 2DS is a classic, great idea from Nintendo, well worth owning and playing today.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Eel

If you want it, you should probably buy it now before it becomes one those hated rare expensive games

Maybe used on eBay it will be cheaper?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Ehh.. I have it for gamecube. I played through it back in 2013. Not sure I wan't to play it again. I just wanted it for my 3DS.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Hey guys, I'm looking to collect for the Wii U or New Nintendo 3DS XL. Should I get a Wii U or New 3DS XL? I can only afford one right now, and I'm worried that if I get one and the other becomes rare, and can't collect it in the future. What do yall think?

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Twitter:

Zuljaras

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 You can never go wrong with the 3DS ("New" or the regular). The fact that you get access to the whole DS library + 3DS is pure awesomeness!

I do not have a Wii U but seeing its library the 3DS is just better.

But if you have the means just get both

WoomyNNYes

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 If you go 3DS, I recommend the New 3DS model, since the face tracking on New 3DS makes the 3D effect stable, effective, more user friendly. I love the 3D effect. I think it makes games look more surreal, and keep 3D on. Also, the New 3DS has a bit more power. Granted, there are plenty of people that don't care for the 3D.

I say Mario Kart 7 is a must have.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic