Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,590

KarrotMan

Trying out the different levels of intensity and even at the first stage, I am already struggling at lvl 9 intensity. But at least it payed off with the best Cannon in the game. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love the stand... even if it is a cheap slice of plastic. If it wasn't for the stand, the MPH hand cramps would have returned.

Spoilers Below

Just beat the game at the 6 hour mark, or so I thought, and then just out of nowhere in the middle of the credits, the game pulls a SM3DL on me and my quest has just begun. Truly a WTH moment, I guess the reported 12 hour campaign seems legit.
(/spoilers)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

shinesprite

It's only a matter of minutes, or hours depending on which time zone you live in!

shinesprite

Pogocoop

I can not wait until I get home tomorrow, Not only will it be spring break, but chances are, I will have Uprising to play -

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Wildvine53

Just got the email for my 3D classic Kid Icarus, so it's available to download now. I wonder if it'll be added for sale soon? Less than 12 hours until my copy arrives now!

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Shadowflash

Since I got mine with the free shipping from amazon, I probably won't get it til next week...heavy sigh. I wish I could have it today .

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Karakato wrote:

Trying out the different levels of intensity and even at the first stage, I am already struggling at lvl 9 intensity. But at least it payed off with the best Cannon in the game. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love the stand... even if it is a cheap slice of plastic. If it wasn't for the stand, the MPH hand cramps would have returned.

Spoilers Below

Just beat the game at the 6 hour mark, or so I thought, and then just out of nowhere in the middle of the credits, the game pulls a SM3DL on me and my quest has just begun. Truly a WTH moment, I guess the reported 12 hour campaign seems legit.
(/spoilers)

You're not even half way through the game yet so yeah, this game is packed. Do you know how many weapons there are of each kind by chance?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LostHeaven

I'm absolutely delighted with the game and addicted to the online mode!

I must say I was convinced the game would be enjoyable after watching some of the staff videos released by Nintendo, but I wasn't expecting to get this hooked. I can't remember how long it has been since I've found myself this interested in a videogame. Probably since the first Advance Wars game for the GBA or, at some extent, Civilization V.

Some random things that I've noticed in my first hours with the game:
-visually, the game is considerably better looking than what the videos make believe, specially when you turn the 3D mode on
-playing online on free-for-all (deathmatch) mode is actually quite enjoyable. I was convinced the team mode would be the only one worth playing. The way I see it, team play is where you go for tactical battles, focusing on your skills rather than the weapons (the penalty for those who use high leveled weapons encourages the use of basic ones), where the free-for-all mode is where you can freely use the uber weapons you found/ bought/ created offline without any kind of restrictions
-team battles could use some sort of communication method between the players of a same team. It takes a good amount of coordination for a team to be successful, from the type of weapons and perks chosen to the player's strategy on the field. I can safely say a team with 3 players that are all using powerful weapons of similar nature will, most of the times, lose against a team with lower leveled weapons that complement each other. Also, good coordination when defending the angel is key. All of this could greatly benefit from a way to communicate with the other players.

And I felt the exact same thing as @Karakato : I assumed the stand would be one of these gimmicks I would never use but I'm surprised to notice it's actualy very useful when playing in front of a table.

All in all, I'm tempted to say this is one of the must-buy titles for the 3DS right now. Gave it a 9.

Edited on by LostHeaven

My collection: people.ign.com/realinho/games
Xbox Live: Realinho | Apple Game Center: Realinho | Steam: Realinho

3DS Friend Code: 4382-2401-9157 | Nintendo Network ID: Realinho | Twitter:

shinesprite

Got my 3D Classics code from Amazon a few hours ago.

EDIT: . . . and now both Club Nintendo and Amazon have sent out my cards and game

So glad I pre-ordered!

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

Whopper744

Got it on my 15 minute break a little bit ago! Will have a 30 minute "lunch" break to play it later! Darn you work!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

gaDronilDdos

Does PAL version of this game support the circle pad pro ?

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

shinesprite

@gaDronilDdos I would think so. I might end up getting one myself, but it will depend on how well stylus control goes with my right hand and if I can actually find one.

shinesprite

Kid_A

This game is just absolutely bananabrains insane.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Joeynator3000

has to play the waiting game until tonight/tomorrow T_T

Kid_A wrote:

This game is just absolutely bananabrains insane.

....What happened to your badge?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

hailsanta

great game so far. but the controls are garbage. hands down some of the worst controls ever in a first party release. its very frustrating to me because its the only thing holding it back. the graphics are beautiful and the dialogue is surprisingly funny. plus all the old kid icarus enemies and characters are there as well. hopefully i'll get used to the very strange control scheme before my pinky falls off

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

Whopper744

Just got it. Played the first level. Seems really good!! Camera angle thing on the ground is going to take getting used to (and the uncomfortable controls). The gameplay makes me thing of Sin and Punishment for the Wii (and the 64 one for that matter) a good bit, with the shooting and then close range melee attacks.
I really like how this game presents itself though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

TWK

HANDS DOWN the best 3DS game I've played so far! Includes Resident Evil Revelalations, Mario Kart.

The controls are not the best... but they work nonetheless.

Oh man... the music in this game is really something special. Very polished title overall! I didn't really expect much of the game, but I am impressed by it. Making use of both analog sticks on the circle could have been done, but I frankly think it would give less precise and quick control over your aim. They should have included the option either way I think.
Graphically this is the best look 3DS game I've seen--maybe Resident Evil is a tad better looking. In terms of art-direction this game is the winner. Along with the music I also really like the sound design. There's also an insane amount of stuff to do... making the game extremely replayable. Some have also been annoyed by the in-game chit-chatting between Pit and Palutena. I actually like this, and I think the dialog is clever and fun to listen in on while blasting away.

Also, the included stand, I also like this a lot. What a great thing to include. It shows how much thought that has been invested in this title. It didn't even impact the price; at least not for me.

Edited on by TWK

TWK

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: TobiasWK

bboy2970

I had a question for everyone with the game so far. What AR Cards did everyone else get? I got

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Twinbellows the Ferocious
Fortune Bow
Stackjaw

I ask because I'm curious as to whether the selection is set or totally random.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Snagrio

Mere words cannot describe how much more I've fallen in love with this game now that at last have it! I got past Chapter 8 but had to take a break because my 3DS was about to die. So might as well hang out on here till it recharges. I haven't even touched multiplayer yet considering how much content there is!
And just as I though the Arms are my favorite category of weapons so far. (Haven't tried them all yet though).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

bboy2970 wrote:

I had a question for everyone with the game so far. What AR Cards did everyone else get? I got

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Fortune Bow
Stackjaw

Dang it I wanted Dark Pit! Oh well, at least I got Hewdraw with all three heads, my favorite boss. Also got Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Standard Orbitars, and Mick. Interesting note, Hewdraw beats Medusa.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

bboy2970

WingedFish wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Fortune Bow
Stackjaw

Dang it I wanted Dark Pit! Oh well, at least I got Hewdraw with all three heads, my favorite boss. Also got Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Standard Orbitars, and Mick. Interesting note, Hewdraw beats Medusa.

DANG! I wanted Medusa! I would take Medusa any day over this reject StackJaw card! It just looks flat out ugly! So it looks like everyone probably gets Pit and Palutena plus a random boss and then 3 random ones? I kind of hate that Nintendo is doing this. The collector in me MUST obtain every Kid Icarus card and its gonna damage my wallet very badly

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic