Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,591

rayword45

@Artwark: I beat every chapter on 9.0 and it's actually pretty easy if you get a good weapon and accommodate to the controls. Chapters 18 and 24 are the only really hard ones IMO.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Konda

@clvr:
Ohh cool. Might end up buying it tomorrow on ebay xD The game seems to go for about 15-20€ there.

Another question, How long is the game as a one-time-playthrough?

Konda

Konda

And do you need those AR-Cards to enjoy the game? Or are they more or less unnecessary? Some ppl sell the game without those. Could you expect to pay less for the game without the cards? That's what I mean

Konda

Spoony_Tech

@Konda: AR cards are nothing more then a visual treat. They don't have anything to do with gameplay or unlocking anything.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

clvr

@Konda: Well it's not the longest game you get to play (I think 8-12 hours to play each chapter once), but if you add all the time you'll spend fusing weapons (and you'll spend A LOT of time fusing ), the replayability and the online, it can entertain you for quite some time.

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Spoony_Tech

I played it for about 140 hours. I would say only half of that was online.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

I can't help but notice that when I saw footage of Hebrew Boss, when he got defeated, there was a different dialogue than the one I got when I defeated him. For me, the boss said that he's proud of me and then Pit says that you don't see friendly bosses these days or something like that.

Did I get the right version or something?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Artwark wrote:

I can't help but notice that when I saw footage of Hebrew Boss, when he got defeated, there was a different dialogue than the one I got when I defeated him. For me, the boss said that he's proud of me and then Pit says that you don't see friendly bosses these days or something like that.

Depending on how you beat certain bosses they said something different. Just like if you beat the 3 headed Dragon. Depending on which head you beat in which order something different was said. It was cool getting all the different saying if there was one for a certain boss.

MERG said:

RR529

Artwark wrote:

To the bolded: I think you meant to say Hewdra (this was the three headed dragon boss, correct?). It's wordplay on the Hydra, the mythical creature from Greek mythology the boss was based on.

Hebrew (what you said) is another name for the Jewish people, BTW.

To the question itsef: as the poster above me said, all three heads have their own personality, so whichever one is last will have a different defeat speech.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

@RR529: I didn't even pick up on that lol. That boss is the only one I know of with different sayings.

MERG said:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@RR529: I didn't even pick up on that lol. That boss is the only one I know of with different sayings.

Killing different heads also makes them say different things when you fight just a head in that mid-stage miniboss battle with the monster pheromones.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Arn0ld

Hey, is there anyone that still plays this out there?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

PlywoodStick

@Xjay: I played KI:U back when it first came out for about a month, but stopped and have only come back to it every once in a while. I am going to come back to it next week, since I (finally) found a suitable thumb stylus that I somehow missed the existence of when I first played. I probably would have kept playing for longer if I had known about it and gotten it 4 years ago!

In any case, this game is probably dead at this point, but I'll have fun revisiting it nonetheless.

PlywoodStick

Rumorlife

I've played it on and off recently. It's fun but I didn't choose it exactly, it was free from Club Nintendo at one time when I had nothing else I could get for free but this lol It's fun though, very nice 3D.

Rumorlife

Arn0ld

@PlywoodStick: Cool, I hope you enjoy revisiting it, I was hoping to find some people in here to help me beat EVERY chapter on 9.0

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

yokokazuo

I've mentioned this in the Multiplayer Match Organization Thread, but would anyone be up for some online tomorrow? (Or today depending on time zone) I posted a few more details in the other thread. If you're interested, please reply to me there.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

MasterKnightDH

So I got redirected to here by a mod after posting this:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/kid_icarus_uprising_sp...

I would X-Post that, but it would bring up the very reason I linked to a 7000 word blog post instead of just X-Posting THAT, and somehow I deserve to be told to not self-advertise, wut.

At least the mods didn't kill the post or anything. So I'll get to responding to another KIU topic, one that failed to get any activity:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/reviving_kiu
@Exalted_Mars may want to read what I have to say. Because what I really want to start with is the powers he chooses to ban.

-Virus - actually, I can't even believe I forgot about this line-requiring power when making commentary about powers like Slip Shot. Virus isn't even ridiculous anyway, not when it's a stationary defense that doesn't protect well against being sniped.
-Interference - this thing may be 3 spaces, but Interference doesn't provide any power boosts, so powers like Super Armor will punch through. And if you're bringing up the lag argument, I can just point to when I used Interference and not less than 3 seconds later the opponent, who was clearly in Interference range because they were cornered, invoked Warp successfully. If you need to use powers that badly, just get away from the beacon or simply use powers ASAP.
-Energy Charge - now this I can see a case for restricting. I will grant that each charge of Energy Charge proves that each extra center space on the opponent's grid does get suffocated, but the 1.8x damage multiplier is still nuts.
-Bumblebee - as I pointed out, there are ways to counter Bumblebee that would be workable for STANDARD CLUBS. I don't think other weapon types would have to worry nearly as much.

As for the other rules of that proposed tournament:
-Weapon modifiers as a whole: BAN THESE. If cheat devices are expected, it shouldn't be unreasonable to create pure 100V weapons with them, and the requirement of a cheat device to be able to play with a "competent" weapon would be lessened anyway, even if the game's random drop system still does not want to be pleasant. If you're that insistent on having mods anyway, despite that AND the reasons I outlined in the 7000 word post I made about them, some changes are still required.

Negative mod requirement for 6 Star anything weapons, why is this needed: min-maxers will already put on negative mods to add an extra weapon modifier via the extra Value. This makes no difference as-is. Min-maxers will also not have 6 Stars in either category, often opting to have attack type+ mods for the added damage.

Buff caps: a maximum of +3 is generally biased in favor of mods that have lower maximums, such as Shot Range+, which as a whole is ridiculously powerful. Overall DEF +8, meanwhile, is expensive and can't

-Half the maximum, ROUNDED DOWN. Yes, this would also autoban Shot Cancel+. Also, ban Evasion+, period, because its effect is ridiculous for a mod, and would be ridiculous for any power that isn't easy enough to Grid Read to useful effect.

Cap of 299: again, doesn't do anything to min-maxers, because their weapons will generally be sub-300V. Don't bother.

That should cover a decent amount.

Discord: MasterKnightDH#2492
3DS FC: 5026-4532-8476
Kid Icarus Uprising V100 Competitive Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/dZYFUQ8

Nintendo_Ninja

Is this worth getting? It's one of the few well reviewed 3DS games I don't have, but people say the controls suck.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Eel

It can get a bit crampy because you need to hold the system with one hand while scribbling around with the other.

It's great once/if you get used to it though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic