Forums

Topic: Heroes of Ruin Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 271

Layton4evr

I had already pre-ordered this game before the demo came out and I am glad I did. I really like the demo and can't wait to play the full version when I get it.
I have played Diablo in the past and enjoyed it but I didn't get Diablo 3 as my computer specs are nowhere near what is needed. This game seems very similar and is portable too . I am looking forward to trying the online play.

3DS Friend Code - 2964-8790-3323

Raptor78

From someone who has played through the game quite a few times now, It is a repetitive game after awhile, but that's due to it being a hack n' slash hunt for loot nature of the game. Online voice chat makes improves this experience a lot. The storyline is ok and while it is cliche in parts it does get the job done and ends the game built up ready for a sequel, so don't expect an epic final fantasy tale. If your wanting a game like that you will probably want to pick up 'Tales of Abyss' instead. The game is incredibly fun though and the amount of loot makes your characters as unique as you want them to be. From someone who grew up playing the 'Guantlet' game all the time in the arcades this game is perfect for me.
For those on the fence, its a perferct portable game...fast, fun and easy to pick up and play however its shallow. Online features are good and is one of the best online games on the 3DS... if your looking for the next final fantasy, then this isnt for you. It isnt an epic RPG where you are going to spend hours, days, weeks trying to progress to the next part of the story with a deep interweaving storyline... the 3DS already has that (tales of abyss).
So I hope that helps those that enjoyed the demo but were still unsure about buying the game.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Drawdler

The best thing about this is the fact since there are so few bought by stores, it's at a reduced price. My EB Games got a mere ONE copy but it was marked down by $20.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Bread-Not-Toast

One this I hate about the game,is that it gets so boring,so quickly.
I kinda wish I never brought it,and got Theatrhythm instead.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

LyIa

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

This is not the game I had hoped for. After so many delays for inexplicable reasons, my mood to get it has been knocked down a lot. I'lm going to have to skip it. Will be getting Torchlight 2 instead. Diablo 3 disappointed me as well. Hope Runic Games delivers.

I've played the Beta, isn't too hard on normal but I heard that it's grueling on elite.

On Topic: When's the demo gonna be out for NA?

all men are kings 👑

Chris720

I haven't played this in ages, why? Because it's just far too shallow, there just isn't enough content in the game to keep you playing. Once you've gone through the story there isn't much else to do except play around with the other characters.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm still on the fence with this game. I might just skip it even though I reserved it.

The demos been out since yesterday!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jono97

By owning the game, il give it a 8/10!

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter:

Arcamenel

I wasn't very impressed with the demo either. One drawback I think for me was I didn't much care for either the Vindicator or the Gunslinger as playable characters. I really want to try the Alchitect but don't think I will be picking this game up anytime soon.

Edited on by Arcamenel

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Nintenbro

Do you guys think I should even bother to try out the demo first, or should I just cancel my pre-order right now?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Spoony_Tech

Definitely try out the demo. I just haven't had time to do so myself. It might be really good. I just don't know!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Nintenbro: I would try the demo first you never know you just might like the demo enough to get the full game. I was on the fence about getting this game before I played the demo but now after I played it I will be picking it up sometime. If you like dungeon crawler lootfest games like Diablo than this game is right up your alley. If you are looking for a complex RPG like Final Fantasy pass this one up than.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Lohengriehn

Never played again since my 2nd playthrough. No need to loot for better items, if the game itself is that easy. The difficulty level just let me fall alseep. And I dont understand why it is compared to Diablo. Diablo at least is still a pleasure to play, even today. Each item makes your character stronger and mightier. This game is nearby a 1-3hit-kill thing on every enemy, regardless if you got a new item or not. An easy walkthrough for casual gamers. After that they cometo the internet and wantto tell you, what a great game HoR is. lol.

I feel so disappointed by this software. Even the challenges are just boring, because of the difficulty level. I really hope for a patch, bc the game isnt bad at all, but in its current state its not an 8/10 either. 5/10 imo. compared to diablo 3/10.

Edited on by Lohengriehn

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Tasuki

So since I have only played the demo I have to ask someone who has played the full game what are the other two classes like?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Drawdler

Alchitect is an iffy class. Her charge attack would be outstanding but it takes two seconds to get to max range. Arcane Bolts are pretty much her just spell at max ugrades due to homing and multi-hits. It would be Solar Beam but it takes an eternity to charge and wases Energy QUICKLY. I haven't played the Savage.

For those of you thinking it's too easy, try playing the game putting one point each into Soul, Might and Vigor; it makes a huge difference with improving the difficulty.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

gaDronilDdos

Just started my glass cannon alchitect. Bolts + solar maxed and 100% soul

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

Shotgunryugan

Well i tried the demo a couple of days ago:
I like the fact that it is playable online and it has voice chat.Also the characters can be edited which is nice.
I also liked that the playable characters actually speak,i don't really see that often.

But overall the game was just repetitive and i don't normally judge a game by it's graphics,but wow that has to be one of the worse looking 3DS game i have ever seen.
Not trying to be a hater or anything,but it's definitely not for me.

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

TheConsiglio

Can you join games with friends and If you can, Anyone wanna add my code and play online? Also, It is considered by me THE World Of Warcraft of the 3ds.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

6ch6ris6

sure you can join games with friends. that's one of the main features.
you can also send an invitation to others if they are playing the game too

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

So i finally got around to playing the demo because i couldn't be bothered. Shame on me for listening to some of te negative comments. I rather quite enjoyed the demo. It was both fun and i actually thought it looked good. That was just the single player and not even online. Im quite looking forward to this game now next week. I just wish it didnt come out in Europe so soon. Seems like everyone overseas is done with this game now!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.