Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,841 to 5,860 of 5,908

LinktotheFuture

Since the update, I am unable to catch sharks and other large fish, they just swim away. Anyone else having this problem?

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

LinktotheFuture

LinktotheFuture wrote:

Since the update, I am unable to catch sharks and other large fish, they just swim away. Anyone else having this problem?

I forgot that catching sharks is much easier with the volume on. Problem solved.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

sora2209

does anyone know how to get 3ds and wii u other than amiibo card because i don't have one right now..

sora2209

3DS Friend Code: 0834-1513-5303

Eel

Fortune Cookies.

The easiest way to get them is to use an actual AC Amiibo (not a card), the systems will be available to purchase from the motorhome catalog.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pokefanmum82

i just re-bought this game today. I forgot how slow it is but I have not made much progress in Moon and Sun so I am going to play this game in between sessions of those two games so I can unwind myself lol

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

It apparently fixes a connectivity error when getting special items and improves general stability.

Ot something like that.

Bloop.

OneBagTravel

Getting back into this game since buying a new 3DS. Kinda bummed that I lost my last village. I unlocked nearly everything. But it's also great to go back over the whole thing with a fresh start.

Edit: oh yeah and I need to get Puzzle league asap. It's one of my fav games. I know you can get it via Amiibo but if you don't have them is the only way to get it is via fortune cookies?

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Eel

I noticed Animal Crossing New Leaf is no longer available on the eshop, it got replaced by Animal Crossing Welcome Amiibo.

It is not much of a change to be honest, but it still counts a separate entity (you can buy it even if you already have New Leaf downloaded, also at least in my country, they bumped the price up a bit). The icon is different too.

I wonder what happens if you buy both digital versions. Would they share the save file? Or would you have two towns installed on your 3DS?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Undead_terror

So yee, I started a new file and such in this game, by chance, anyone wanting to give mii one of ever fruit and let mii touch all the best buy and spotpass items so I can purchase them?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Linoshi

I couldn't find a general Animal Crossing thread so I thought I'd post a thought I had here.

I have recently purchased Happy Home Designer and I don't know if anyone else does this but I re-created my New Leaf character in the game and I like to role-play the idea that the two games are interconnected and my character actually has a day job.

Now, this got me thinking that I'd actually love a job feature in the main animal crossing games as yet another way to make some bells. Of course I don't think it should be strictly enforced and completely optional, even if you do choose to have a job I wouldn't necessarily enforce strict rules on it either. Possibly, something similar to the part time job in the coffee shop in New Leaf (which I believe may have been a kinda test for such a feature) but instead of items and furniture it is actually a genuine way to make bells.

I think with the games numerous shops etc Nintendo could generate a magnitude of different job scenarios which I genuinely believe would make animal crossing even more immersive.

Linoshi

LuigiTheGreenFire

I just created a new player character for the first time. I've had the games for 4 years, and never had another player character until now. What's funny is that my new character looks the same as my old character. Guess it just fits the dual-identity nature more. Plus, it will be cool to see how villagers react to a non-mayor inhabitant.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Mowzle

Just re-opened my town, upgraded to "welcome amiibo" and am enjoying it after a few years break. This is pure curiosity, but I can't find any information after a good trawl around - at the start just after the upgrade we are given an item called "instruction manual" which has the option either to 1. drop on the ground or 2. quit. What's that about? I dropped mine on the ground outside my house, but it just sits there. Was I supposed to keep it in my pocket? How do I use it? Anybody know?

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

Mowzle

Can now answer this myself, and I admit to being a bit thick. When you take the instruction manual into your home, the "drop on ground" option changes to "display". When displayed on floor or furniture surface you have a big green book which actually let's you access the instruction manual from your home inside the game, rather than needing to suspend playing to access it in the usual manner. Brilliant idea for the newbies.
Will leave this here in case there is anyone else like me who doesn't cotton on to quickly 😁

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

NaviAndMii

Hello everyone! I hope that you don't mind me resurrecting this old thread - I just have a quick question that I'd like to ask on behalf of my girlfriend: she has a physical copy of Animal Crossing on 3DS and was curious as to whether it would be possible to have a second town if she bought a second physical copy of the game?

I've never owned a 3DS, unfortunately - so any info would be much appreciated! Thanks very much in advance!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

NaviAndMii wrote:

Hello everyone! I hope that you don't mind me resurrecting this old thread - I just have a quick question that I'd like to ask on behalf of my girlfriend: she has a physical copy of Animal Crossing on 3DS and was curious as to whether it would be possible to have a second town if she bought a second physical copy of the game?

I've never owned a 3DS, unfortunately - so any info would be much appreciated! Thanks very much in advance!

1 card = 1 Town Save data.
Yes, you can create your 2nd Town if you have 2nd copies.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic