Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Thread

Posts 5,861 to 5,880 of 5,908

Mowzle

She does realise that she is saying goodbye to any other form of recreation IRL, doesn't she?
I actually eventually had three towns on the go at various intervals with "Wild World" some years ago. I didn't know anyone else who played (and the game WiFi wasn't very slick in those days) so I even purchased a second DS so that I could operate local exchange visits between my towns. It took a bit of organising, but worked quite well once set up as long as you didn't mind just having the visitor active while the town owner just stood and snoozed. A second 3DS is considerably more expensive than a DS, though maybe a second-hand one would fit requirements. It certainly opens up the game if you are prepared to expend the extra time running two towns, and speeds up the items available in one's catalogue by exchanging or just handling of goods to increase it. What the other village is getting up to also becomes a topic of comment by one's animal villagers.
The danger of this will be that you may get drawn into the addiction as well so you can go off island playing together, so you have been warned. I don't play any longer myself as I decided real life needed more attention, but I played Wild World, New Leaf and the upgraded version for many hours over a number of years.
Hope she has loads of fun.

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

Heavyarms55

I dropped a good 300 hours into this game. Man I wish we'd get a new entry on the Switch soon. This was, by far, one of the absolute best titles on 3DS.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Terri637

Does anyone still play this game? I just picked this up and wanted to try it out of curiosity.

Terri637

3DS Friend Code: 4098-4289-7520

Mowzle

@Terri637
Got alerted to your post as I have left the "Watch this topic" button switched to yes. Sorry to tell you that I have now given up playing, though I logged over 500 hours on it a few years ago, and played Wild World before that. I did revive it for several months after the upgrade to Welcome Amiibo came along, but it is a BIG time sink and I just had to drop it to get on with my family life and activities.
New Leaf can be played intermittently, but sadly Nintendo have structured it in a way that removes some of the pleasure if you don't play fairly regularly. It's time/day dependent so not the sort of game that recommences exactly where you were when you last closed it down. The animals are aware you've not been around, and if you don't visit a few times a week and give it some time you may find one of your favourite animals has moved out. Having said that it is the most fun I've ever had with anything out of a plastic box, and I played on my own with only very occasional exchange visits with a couple of casual friends.
Go to the website page below and read on starting the game before you open it up. It will give you info on selecting the town layout you might prefer, and how to choose what your avatar will look like. There are other pages for all sorts of really useful info on various aspects of this really deep game:-
https://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/starting-the-...
This is another good place for info, and they have forums where you might find someone to connect with:- https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
If there is any information you need about the game, just post and I'll reply as soon as possible after I pick up the email alert. If you're not a lone 3DS player you might be able to convince friends to get a copy and play it as well. Just thinking about it makes me want to start another town, or play in my old one, but there just isn't time. Have fun.

Edited on by Mowzle

Terri637

@Mowzle thanks for the heads up. It sounds like a really time consuming game. I just play when i have the time. As my life is very busy and i play just on my leisure time. So i guess my town will probably wont make it lol. Thank you for the links i will check it out.

Terri637

Mowzle

You're welcome. It's a pleasure.
Try it and see, as a newcomer you would find you could enjoy it a lot just starting out without getting too deeply into it.

Terri637

@Mowzle im still living in a tent. Gotta put down 10,000. How do can i make fast money

Terri637

ThisDude

@Terri637 I sent you a friends request Terri.

John
Friend Code: 3025-1243-6688

ThisDude

@Terri637 Keep your net handy and shake the trees, Bells and sometimes other goods fall out of the trees. Keep the net in your hand as bee nests will fall out also, you can get stung by the bees.

John

Terri637

@ThisDude what is your friend code so i can add you too

Terri637

Mowzle

One does have to work through some things at a slower pace and just enjoy the animal interactions and surroundings at first. But I would talk to Isabel and get my experience using the fishing rod, then shovel, then net. She will lend them to you, and you buy them at Nooks after that.
You can make a lot by selling fish at Retail, and by digging up gyroids (you'll get three a day and the owl at the museum will identify them as fossils for you and you sell them for varied amounts at Retail. The owl will want you to donate the fossils, but you don't have to do that until you've got more money). Check out those items on the websites I've given you for more information on them.
The best way in the early days is to pick fruit, sell a bunch, and also plant more fruit trees so you can pick even more to sell at Retail. It takes three days to generate fruit on trees. Enjoy each different time, don't rush it.

ThisDude

@Terri637 My Friend code Terri 3025-1243-6688

John

ThisDude

@Terri637 Now we can see if we can help in the game.

John

ThisDude

@Terri637 Hope you had fun! I'll open the gates when I go into the game from now on.

John

bezerker99

So, after playing this game for countless hours since it first came out - I've finally gotten EVERY single badge in the game. All 72 of them!

This last badge was for 1,000 street passes within the game. That was a beast of an achievement!

I finally feel as if I've beaten Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Bring on a version for the Switch!!!

bezerker99

@ThisDude Click the red tab at the top of the bottom screen. Then click the purple tab on the right - this will take you to your New Leaf profile card. Click the yellow circle with the white ribbon (located bottom left) to see all of your collected badges.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic