Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 2,633

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby wrote:

Hi! I am pretty new here, but I do have a suggestion for the website!
My idea is a 'Favorite Games List': I was surprised that this wasn't a feature. This would likely be on a user's profile. There is a list of games you have, however those are not necessarily your favorites since any game you rate is in there (for instance, I have Sticker Star in my games collection, but it is a low score). I'd love it if there was a tab where I could show off my favorite games!

You can filter game lists by score; for example, I looked at your list filtered by score=10 and you have a lot of Kirby, Mario and Pikmin with score 10... which I suppose should not be a shock given your username but it is still an unusual number of 10s. Also, there is a part of your profile where you can write whatever you want so that could include your favorite games.

@OctolingKing13 I've been thinking a lot lately how fun forum reactions would be. Putting 'likes' on the forum (similar to the article comment section) has been discussed before and rejected but discord-style reactions would be more interesting. A lot of threads here such as 'currently playing' aren't really meant to create replies, but I always still want to react just to acknowledge the writer.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS Yeah I realized it ranks them by score, but it puts all the ones with the same score in order of release. It’d be cool to be able to order it from your favorites to least favorites.

I do have an unusual amount of 10/10s, I really like games from those series lol

Also I did put my favorite games on my profile description, although a specific feature for it would be a better way to do it in my opinion

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleBoi25

Could <3 be made to make 💖
And : D to make 😁 instead of since that looks too similar to : )
And lastly, > : ) into 😈 instead of 👿 because that is more fitting?

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

WoomyNNYes

I'll second the preference for 😁 and smiley devil.

Although, I personally like regular text heart <3

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

FishyS

People often comment that polls with many votes round most of the answers down to 0% (especially the 'what are you playing this weekend' polls where most games get 1-2 votes out of 500). Is there any way to have one decimal point show up so that they say .2% or .4% rather than just zero?

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

PikminMarioKirby

@antdickens I don’t know if I’m supposed to suggest articles here, but an article about Pikmin 2’s 20th anniversary (April 29th) would be nice. Maybe an article about that Bayonetta Origins Director defending TTYD’s framerate from a developer’s standpoint as well, as I’ve seen other Nintendo-related website(s) talking about it.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

PikminMarioKirby

@antdickens Thank you so much! Okay thanks for the heads up!

Dogorilla

Has anyone else noticed an increase in new users joining and just posting one or two comments that seem to be AI-generated on random threads? I don't want to name names because I might be completely wrong and accuse an actual person of being a bot, just wondering if anyone else thinks there's something a bit off about some posts.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure I'm right so I am going to name names. I was already suspicious of the comment in this thread, but I just went back to find it and saw it was edited two weeks later to add a spam link, so there's definitely something dodgy going on there.

Then the reason I posted this today is because of the new comment in this thread, which just doesn't make sense. The original post is about a physical card game, but the comment talks about being 'glued to the screen'. And what's a 'side-scrolling card game'? Both accounts have similar avatars and headers too.

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Tasuki

@Dogorilla Best thing to do if you suspect it's a bot account is use the report button. Then the staff can look into it and see if they are bots or not and if they are ban the account.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RupeeClock

@Dogorilla
That does highlight a weakness in being able to edit posts and comment whenever you want.
If it were changed to a grace period, it would prevent spam bots from sneaking in spam links at a later date after infiltrating various popular articles.
Alternatively, a moderation queue to approve edits, but that increases the work of the moderators considerably.

RupeeClock

CaleBoi25

@RupeeClock I think the idea of a "grace period" is good. @antdickens What do you think?

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla Yeah, the second link you posted, that user comment in the thread about 'samarai game card', it's a random new user, and their comment looks vague & pointless enough, just like a bot. It's probably a bot. That new user has zero activity elsewhere. I used the Report button on the comment, selected Other, and said "possible bot. vague and seemingly pointless post."

EDIT: And that user in your first link has a suspiciously similar looking person in the profile pic. It does appear fishy.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@RupeeClock Yeah, that might be a good idea. Although sometimes people have lists that they edit over time, but that's usually in the first post of a thread so maybe just the first post could be exempt from the grace period.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

RupeeClock

@Dogorilla
I had similar thoughts yeah, that for forum posts, the first post by the author is often updated for anything important.

The spam bot issue appears to be more of a concern for the articles.

RupeeClock

Eel

Perhaps the ability to edit comments after the grace period could be unlocked on a per-post basis, by the admins themselves. For special posts.

Like how some threads have the special trait of ignoring ignore lists.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic