Earlier in the week, Brace Yourself Games released a new update for the music-rhythm game, Cadence of Hyrule. This is a rather sizable patch compared to Version 1.0.1, which was limited to some minor bug fixes.
Version 1.0.2 adds achievements to the game and a "Beat Rumble" option that will vibrate your controller every time you're in battle. Leaderboard categories for co-op runs have also been added in and there are a number of bug fixes as well. Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of the Brace Yourself Games Discord channel:
- added achievements
- -added leaderboard categories for co-op. If co-op is used at any point during a run, the run will become a "co-op" run for leaderboard purposes
- added more granularity to time-based leaderboard scores
- added a "Beat Rumble" option, that gently vibrates the controller on the beat
- added "(<character> only)" flyaway when a player picks up a weapon their character cannot currently use
- added collision in several areas to prevent map escapes and dungeon skips
- added an option to see the credits from the main menu
- adjusted enemy movement behaviour when an enemy is being pushed against a wall by wind
- adjusted player movement behaviour when holding an object while being pushed by wind
- adjusted player movement behaviour when pushing an object while sliding on ice
- added an option to change some HUD elements to improve readability for colour-blind players
- changed HUD elements to grey-out when the player does not have enough stamina for that action
- prevent giving out dagger/shortsword in "Flawless Victory" blue chest
- fixed a bug that could cause enemies to take an extra move when the song looped
- fixed a bug where bombs could be lifted after they had exploded, with unintended results
- fixed a bug where game time would continue to count up if the console was put to sleep or quit to the home menu
- fixed a bug where skipping the cutscene between phases of the Ganon battle could prevent him from refilling his health
- many other bug fixes
For those wondering, the achievements require players to complete tasks such as defeat bosses, kill a number of enemies with a single bow and complete the game within a limited amount of steps. View the full list of achievements over on Reddit.
Are you still playing Cadence of Hyrule? Will you be returning to try out Version 1.0.2? Sound off below.