Raiden V: Director's Cut is now just under a month away from launching on Switch. To whet our appetites for the release, developer Moss has shared a brand new trailer.
It's about as busy as a trailer can get, with the bullet hell action blending with graphics and text in an almighty attack on your senses, but you can definitely get a good sense of the action. Nintendo has also shared the following information about the game on its official site:
Arcade hit Raiden first left its mark on the shooting genre 25 years ago. The easy to learn, hard to master series comes to the Nintendo Switch in its most modern and advanced form yet! Join the war for Earth’s future-where the tide of battle holds constant surprises.
• Story Mode - All new story full of twists and turns! The story alters depending on your performance!
• Boss Mission - Defeat bosses under special conditions and compete in the leaderboards!
• Gallery - Dozens of character, concept, and game art waiting to be unearthed!
• Supports 1 - 2 players (offline)
• New ship damage system (uses health bar, not lives)
• 3 distinct ships with different Defense, Mobility, and sub-weapons
• New "Cheer Attack" that greatly boosts sub-weapons for a short time
• Voice Acting for the first time in the series
• Director's Cut exclusive levels
If you missed the news, the game is being treated to a very limited physical release which will only receive a single print run. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Excited for this one? Let us know if you plan on picking it up next month with a comment below.