Developer and publisher Rebellion has shared a brand new trailer for the upcoming Sniper Elite V2 Remastered today, providing seven different reasons why it believes players should upgrade to (or simply buy - for those who have only owned Nintendo systems) the new release.
This remastered edition of the game features vastly updated visuals, with new rendering effects, enhanced textures, and much more besides, and all of the previously DLC is included as part of the package. Of course, the 4K and HDR support available on other platforms can't be offered on Nintendo's machine, but it's still looking rather lovely to us.
If you'd rather read all about those seven reasons, instead of watching the video, we have them listed for you below. The frame-by-frame photo mode seems like a cool little touch.
- Incredible Remastered Visuals - Sniper Elite V2 Remastered features beautifully updated environments, characters, weapons and vehicles, modernized rendering and post-processing effects, enhanced texturing and level geometry, a revamped lighting system, and dozens upon dozens of improvements and refinements.
- New Frame-by-frame Photo Mode - Pause and step through the action frame-by-frame, position the camera, apply a filter, adjust the lighting and take stunning photos to share with the community. Including your epic X-Ray kill camera shots.
-New Playable Characters – For the first time, play the campaign and multiplayer modes as one of 8 new characters from Rebellion’s Zombie Army series.
- Optional 60fps Performance Mode – On supported platforms, enjoy Sniper Elite V2 Remastered’s epic campaign in super smooth 60 frames-per-second.
- All DLC Included – Experience the infamous “Kill Hitler” mission. Take the fight to new fronts in three new campaign levels. Hunt your foes with a variety of iconic weapons including the Lee Enfield MK III, M1D Garrand, M1 Carbine and more.
- Multiplayer & Co-Op – Gather your squad and compete in 7 uniquely tense multiplayer modes, now for up to 16 players online [Note - Nintendo Switch supports up to 8 players online]. Including Deathmatch, Distance King, Dogtag Harvest and Capture the Flag
- 4K and HDR support – Stunning 4K HDR support transports you to the front line [Note - not available on Switch]
As a reminder, Sniper Elite V2 Remastered launches on 14th May for £29.99 / $34.99 / €34.99, although a 10% discount is available to those who choose to pre-order.
Will you be picking this one up? Let us know if you're excited for the game's release in the comments below.