In case you missed the news, this feature aims to assist anyone who had been forced to create a new account on the Switch after Sony blocked all accounts that had been used on PlayStation. It also allows users to access all of their purchases, cosmetics, V-Bucks and win totals across every device.
The good news is the account merge feature is now live. Below are details:
You’ll choose two accounts, first a Primary Account that you wish to continue using. Then you’ll choose a Secondary Account to merge and disable. Your secondary accounts Console Login (e.g. PSN, Xbox Live, Nintendo Online) will be instantly linked to your Primary Account. Two weeks later your Fortnite Cosmetic Items and V-Bucks will be transferred to your Primary Account.
- One account must have played on Xbox One or Switch and the other on PS4 before September 28th 2018 to be eligible.
- Your account must not currently be banned or disabled.
- In-game items and Vbucks will be held for two weeks before they’re merged to your primary account.
- You’ll need access to all email addresses that are associated with accounts you wish to merge
- If you have duplicate 3rd party login like Facebook on both your Primary and Secondary account, the Secondary login will be unlinked. You can unlink it prior to merging.
- Battle Royale will allow you to merge all cosmetic items. Save the World will allow you to merge Llamas, Defenders, Heroes, Schematics, Survivors, XP, Evolution and Perk Materials.
- Other Items such as Unreal Marketplace items, Creative Islands, and Save The World account level and progress will not be merged over from your secondary account
To get started, visit the official Fortnite website.
Is this a feature you've been waiting to use? Do you at all play Fortnite on a regular basis? Tell us below.