Headup Games has shared some new details, behind-the-scenes info, and a confirmed release date for its upcoming title, Trüberbrook. The game can be yours on Switch from 17th April, just a month or so after its 12th March release on PC.
If you haven't heard about this one before, Trüberbrook is described as a "thrilling mystery-sci-fi adventure" game where you, as young American scientist, Hans Tannhauser, must explore the remote village of Trüberbrook in cold-war Germany. You're there because you won a trip in a lottery, but things don't seem to be quite as magical as you first thought.
In a press release today, the game's publisher has given us a quick look at how the game was brought to life, with scenery originally being handmade using physical materials and gallons of glue, before being recreated in-game. The whole thing looks like a Hollywood film set to us and we're excited to see how it all looks in the finished product.
Headup Games has also shared a feature list to give you a good idea of what to expect in the game:
- Suspense! Mystery! Thrills! After all, it's a single player sci-fi mystery adventure game. We want to keep you entertained!
- Join American student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land
- Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960s
- Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
- Indulge in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, self-discovery and dinosaurs
- Handmade miniature scenery!
- Full voice acting in both English and German!
- Atmospheric, moody soundtrack
Just two days after its digital release on Switch, so 19th April, you'll also be able to get your hands on the retail version, which includes a 24-page long travel guide manual.
Are you intrigued by this one? Will you pick it up when it launches in April? Tell us below.