Want to catch the legendary Pokémon Articuno in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!? We can help with that! This Ice / Flying type is just one of three legendary Pokémon in Let's Go, alongside Zapdos and Moltres.
In this guide, we're going to detail exactly how to catch Articuno, including how to get to (and through) Seafoam Islands where the legendary bird dwells.
How to get to Seafoam Islands in Pokémon: Let's Go
Seafoam Islands is a location just off Route 20 east that houses one of the most devilishly difficult dungeons in Pokémon: Let's Go. It's a dungeon well worth conquering though, as you can get your grubby little mitts on an Articuno at the end of it.
We'd recommend that you have a solid few Rock, Fighting, Steel, or Fire Pokémon at level 50 so you stand the best chance of walking away with that Articuno.
Seafoam Islands block puzzle solution
To get through the Seafoam Islands cave and reach Articuno at the end, you need to complete a relatively tricky block puzzle. To get you through it ASAP, we'll give you the solution below. We also recommend that you bring a bunch of repels to limit your contact with Pokémon to speed this up.
- Enter the cave and push the stone to the right down the adjacent hole.
- Drop down the hole and push the rock down yet another adjacent hole.
- Drop down once again and push the rock down yet another hole.
- Now head left and climb up the ladder to go back up a floor. Take another nearby ladder on this floor to get back to the entrance.
- Go to the northeast section of the entrance and push another rock down a nearby hole, then backtrack to the ladder and take it down another floor.
- Find this new stone and drop it down another hole. Drop down after it and do so again.
- If you've followed these steps correctly, you should land in water, with two rocks just to the north blocking off the flow of the water.
- Use your Sea Skim ability to head left to dry land, then head southwest until you find yet more rocks and holes.
- Push the far left stone into the adjacent hole, move the middle stone a few spaces left, then push the northeast stone north till it hits the wall.
- Get behind the north side of the left stone now and push it two places south. Now, get to the east side and push it left until it's near the hole on the right side.
- Now, simply push the stone nearest to the left hole into it and drop down after it. Once again, the stones will block off the flow of water, allowing you to Sea Skim to the northwest, where you'll find the island that Articuno dwells on.
How to catch Articuno
Save before encountering Articuno just in case, then get your Rock, Fighting, Steel, and Fire Pokémon ready to face him. We recommend also bringing as many Ultra Balls and Razz Berries too, so you maximise your chances.
Congratulations! You've caught yourself a lovely Articuno.
Did this guide help you locate Articuno? Are you happy with your new catch? Let us know all about it in the comments section below.