Badland Games has revealed that SWDTech's JRPG-inspired title Pixel Noir is now in development for Nintendo Switch after smashing its funding goal on Kickstarter.
Pixel Noir is a detective game set against a film noir backdrop which sees your character, who has been in jail for many years, finally get a chance to clear his name once and for all. For ten years you were haunted by unanswered questions and unspeakable horror, frightened by what you saw and what you did, leaving you with no choice but to take the opportunity to fix things.
The Switch version of the game is said to contain all of the features coming to other platforms, which you can check out below.
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City--a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade & hawked by colorful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues. Level it up over time to unearth new secrets and storylines!
- Overkill mechanic: if you do too much damage, instead of knocking your enemy out, you can kill them. This will affect what type of spoils you get from battle!
- New timed hit mechanics for skills including button sequences and d-pad rotation!
- CRDTech card game... can you find Phil, the Dust Master?
While we have no confirmed release date as of yet, the fact that the game is now officially coming to the Switch (and at the same time as other platforms) is, of course, great news. Does this one look right up your street? Let us know in the comments below!