It's that time, once again, when shoppers around the world prepare to brave the crowds in search of bargains. The Black Friday festivities are mostly based in crowded stores, though plenty of deals can also be hunted down online. For gamers, it's often a time of year for stocking up on goodies ahead of the festive season; the official day is Friday, 24th November, but discounts arrive over the broader Black Friday 'weekend'.
From a Nintendo perspective this festive season has a few big hitters aside from the obvious with the incredibly popular Nintendo Switch. One of which is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition, which has unfortunately been difficult to track down after initial stock sold through; more is promised before Christmas. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is also big news, and as a result 2DS and 3DS bundles and deals are sure to be prominent. On top of that, game discounts and neat merchandise will be ever-presents for Nintendo.
We've compiled some of the best deals and most useful links for Black Friday so far; we'll be updating frequently so be sure to bookmark this page if you're keen to find a bargain. Read on for the best savings in the USA, and don't forget to refer to our alternative guide for the Best Nintendo Black Friday 2017 Deals in the UK.
We'll be updating this guide every few hours as the discounts pick up speed.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. If you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale which helps support the site. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.
- Nintendo 2DS Handheld System - Crimson Red (Certified Refurbished) - $99.99 @ Amazon.com
- Batman: Telltale Series Season 1 (Nintendo Switch) - $25.00 @ Amazon.com
- Batman: The Telltale Series (Switch) - $19.99 @ GameStop
- Sonic Forces Bonus Edition - Nintendo Switch - $24.99 @ Amazon.com
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Explorer's Edition (Switch) - $59.99 @ Amazon.com
- SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD Card - $49.99 @ Amazon.com
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB Micro SD Card - $29.99 @ Amazon.com
- SanDisk Ultra 400GB Micro SD Card - $230.94 @ Amazon.com
- Samsung 128GB MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card - $36.99 @ Amazon.com
- SanDisk Ultra 256GB Micro SD Card - $121.91 @ Amazon.com
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock - $18.98 @ Amazon.com
- BENGOO Carrying Case for Nintendo Switch with Tempered Glass Screen Protector - $13.99 @ Amazon.com
- AmazonBasics Playstand for Nintendo Switch - $11.99 @ Amazon.com
- AmazonBasics Game Storage Case for Nintendo Switch - $8.99 @ Amazon.com
- AmazonBasics Grip Kit for Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controllers - Red - $11.99 @ Amazon.com
- AmazonBasics Steering Wheel for Nintendo Switch - Blue/Red (2 Pack) - $10.95 @ Amazon.com
- AmazonBasics Car Charger for Nintendo Switch - $12.74 @ Amazon.com
- The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts - $21.95 @ Amazon.com
Found a deal we don't have? Tell us about it so we can add it!
Here are some quick links to US retailers with the biggest deals:
Nintendo Switch Black Friday Deals
The Nintendo Switch has been hot all through the year. Launched back in March, the portable console hybrid has really begun to pick up pace in recent months. While we doubt there will be any crazy deals on Switch hardware this year, you may well be able to get a good deal on a bundle that includes some games.
Super NES Classic Edition - Will I Be Able to Get One?
If you want a Super NES Mini all hope is not lost, but it's going to be difficult. More stock roll-outs are expected through December, so it'll be a case of keeping vigilant and being ready to pounce. The Nintendo of America Twitter account will hopefully be quick with any stock announcements, and when retailers give advance warning we'll share news.
Don't give up yet!
New 2DS XL or New Nintendo 3DS? Which is the Best Deal?
For the most part the 'original' 3DS and 3DS XL aren't seen too often nowadays, though some XL models may be available at bargain prices.
The choice of whether to go for a New Nintendo 3DS model is about convenience, primarily. If you have amiibo and enjoy those features, New systems are ideal with their in-built scanner, whereas the older 3DS XL and 2DS require an accessory to use the figures and cards. Aside from that the main benefits of the New 3DS (that are actually used) are improved 3D stability, making it far more effective than older models, and slightly quicker performance with eShop downloads.
New this year is the New 2DS XL, with a price that sits snugly between the standard 2DS and the New 3DS XL. It has all the same functionality as the New 3DS XL with the exception of 3D visuals on the top screen, and Nintendo will likely push hard with this model.
If you can live without those New extras or are buying for a young gamer in particular, the 2DS is still a good bargain option. With a low price and deals / bundles taking it lower, it strips away the 3D effect and clamshell design but delivers a sturdy and solid bit of kit.
When Is Black Friday 2017?
The big day is set for Friday, 24th November – a day after Thanksgiving in the US. That said, there are pre-Black Friday deals, especially online; we'll report some of the better deals in news articles. Cyber Monday is also a time for discounts, which will take place on Monday, 27th November.
Looking for PS4 bargains? Our buddies at Push Square can help you with their US Black Friday PlayStation Deals guide.
As always, point us to any great deals that are missing, and we'll update this guide right up to and during the big day as more discount deals go live.