Splatoon is heading towards a grand finale, of sorts, as Nintendo prepares for the last ever Splatfest which will be shared across regions and pit Callie and Marie against each other. In addition, of course, the singing duo have new amiibo that are due to arrive very soon, and with them will come a software update for the game.
The changelog for version 2.9.0, coming on 5th July, confirms the update will add amiibo functionality for those figures along with some additional tweaks and weapon balancing, showing that the development team is continually watching online play and planning adjustments.
Compatible amiibo Added
- Now compatible with Callie and Marie amiibo.
Main Weapon Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main Wepons.
- More info
Special Weapon Effect Duration Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Special Weapon Effects.
- More info
- Ancho-V Games: Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode, in which certain terrain wasn't appearing correctly on the turf map when inked.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused players performing a Super Jump while swimming through ink to appear to be sliding long distances to opponents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ink Mines placed on enemy turf to occasionally be visible byopponents, whether or not they had the Bomb Sniffer gear ability.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
An official video has also been released for the upcoming Event Course in Super Mario Maker that will unlock Callie and Marie in the game - that'll arrive on 8th July.
Are you looking forward to the upcoming Splatoon events and releases?
Hat tip to Ryan Millar for the heads up on the Splatoon update changelog.