With the Holiday season rapidly approaching the battle for shoppers' hearts and minds will be well and truly underway. As a result Nintendo of America has now confirmed that it'll be targeting shoppers directly in an upcoming mall tour to show off major Wii U and 3DS releases.
Perhaps a little disappointing is the news that the tour - running from 23rd November to 20th December - will only take in 16 locations. These will be as follows:
- South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Massachusetts
- Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver, Colorado
- Memorial City Mall in Houston, Texas
- The Oaks in Thousand Oaks, California
- Dolphin Mall in Miami, Florida
- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, Georgia
- Queens Center Mall in Elmhurst, New York
- King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Washington Square in Portland, Oregon
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, California
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle, Washington
- Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia
There'll be a host of past and present games on show, though as families are the target Xenoblade Chronicles X will miss out. In any case, the following games are confirmed.
- Super Mario Maker
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Skylanders SuperChargers
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
- Yo-Kai Watch
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
- Mario Kart 7
As part of the tour each site will also have amiibo on display, an 'interactive space' with giveaways and coupons will be on offer for Nintendo goodies at Toys "R" Us.
So that's the Nintendo of America mall tour line-up. Are any of you planning to head along to check out what's on offer?