Pokémon Art Academy to School North America on 24th October

Posted by Karen Halloran

Now you can go Warhol with Wartortle

Those of you in North America waiting to get your hands on Pokémon Art Academy finally have a date to put on your calendars, as Nintendo has dated the Pokémon-themed art instruction and sketching program for 24 October. Our own devastatingly handsome Conor McMahon gave the title an 8/10 in his review on its European launch this past June:

Whether this is your first foray into the series or you're a long-time fan, Pokémon Art Academy is an extremely accessible experience to jump into. You and your fellow novice student work through a series of classes under the guidance of Professor Andy, a famed Pokémon card illustrator and brother to Vince from previous entries in the series. Where one has dedicated their life to working as a mentor in the fine arts, the other is an expert at drawing Charizard — we think we know who made the right choice there.

If you aren't the Pokémon portrait artist you imagined right away, fear not:

This title's brilliance stems from the moment where it all comes together, when you take a step back and feel a genuine sense of pride in what you've drawn. The outline or sketch may look messy at first, the paint comes out in unpredictable patterns and streaks, but step by step you begin to learn exactly what the effect of each small change adds to the overall picture.

Pokémon Art Academy will be available at retail and from the eShop beginning 24th October in North America.

Have you been waiting for this one in the land of to-go coffee? Think you can draw a better Lopunny? Just think that a posing Pinsir is more fun to draw than fruit in bowls? Let us know in the comments!

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

@kereke12 it helps people who want to get into digital art using interactive step by step instructions using characters you would like to draw. If that isn't something you enjoy, don't buy it. So far I have enjoyed the lessons and can see an improvement in my skills.

Fabaroo

Fabaroo said:

October 25 is Pablo Picasso's birthday I think. That was kind of a wasted opportunity. :P

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

@Trikeboy just add I'd say it helps people get into any art. They're fairly decent at simulating the tools so you can see if you like it. These games got me into colored pencil art, and considering even for a student grade set of pencils it'll set you back more than the cost of one of these games(then add in sketch paper, sharpener, eraser and it's worse for professional grade pencils or paints if you want to get into that), so it's a great way to test the waters before making the leap.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Probably $29.99 in the US and $34.99 in Canada. That's always what Art Academy games cost.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

From House of the Dead Overkill to a Pokémon drawing application. These guys have been everywhere.

Anything that fosters creativity in kids is great in my book.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I was going to get this title but looking back on art academy - 3ds. As much as I like drawing. I didn't use the game a whole lot back then more like drawing old school on paper. Think I'll pass for the time being. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

@kereke12 well believe it or not I actually suck at drawing Pokémon, and that's a lot for me especially cause I can draw pretty nice, but when it comes to Pokémon I SUCK, so this is a godsend for me

Brandonerd1991

Brandonerd1991 said:

Love this title! I pre-ordered mine at the Wal-Mart Website for about $35, and it's coming to my house, November 3rd, so stoked!