The Zeldathon Adventure Kicks Off This Week To Raise a Whole Lot of Rupees

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Link to the Cash

While the majority of us play games simply for entertainment or perhaps because it's our biggest hobby, some groups use that passion to set world records, enter competitions or, in the case of Zeldathon, try and raise a lot of cash for charity. The Zeldathon Adventure kicks off on 10th July and will be the 12th fundraiser from the group, as it aims to raise at least $75,000 for St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

In the 11 Zeldathons before now the group has raised an impressive total of over $215,000 for various causes, with the last effort alone raising nearly $55,000. This time around the live streamed event will utilise "The Adventure System" in which specific targets in funding will unlock new entries in the series to be played, along with specific challenges such as playing in Hero Mode, for example. Should stretch goals of $100,000 or beyond be hit the broadcast will run on longer than normal, to as much as six days.

It all starts on Thursday (10th July) at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern / 9pm UK / 10pm CET and will run into the weekend. Naturally the official website will be the place to go.

You can see a trailer for the event below; are you planning to tune in?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I been feeling like doing a personal Zeldathon lately. I really need Zelda U now lol!

Josaku

Josaku said:

Oh Yeah~ this gon be gud!
I will definitly watch this as much as I can ^^

BLPs

BLPs said:

I did something like that once. Raised £10. Went to a good cause, I admit.

It is nice to see things do well though. :)

TheJebou

TheJebou said:

Too bad the real fun is limited to only those "around 30 people", but it's for a good cause so hopefully people will enjoy watching them :)

Zizzy

Zizzy said:

Sweeeet! Just in time for my days off! I'll definitely be tuning in.

DanielRMuriel

DanielRMuriel said:

No one should donate to this. Everyone should donate to some dude on kickstarter making potato salad. .....Sometimes I hate the internet.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

YES YES YES its that time of the year again!!
First SGDQ and now Zeldathon, this is why I love summer! I've been replaying my favorites just in time for the marathon :D (though I don't need an excuse to play Zelda games)

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Ocarina, Minish Cap, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Zelda 2, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past: have completed at least one playthrough in each since Wii U released (in addition to 317 hours in other Wii RPGs, 30 hours in Earthbound and 28 hours in MH3). Always wanted to do a LTTP / OoT / Minish Cap / Twilight Princess charity marathon.