Exclusive: Here's an Early Look at Location Game Footage in HullBreach: Uncloaked

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Both real and fantastical

HullBreach Uncloaked is an intriguing Wii U eShop title in a couple of respects — it's based on a Wii-browser MMORPG called HullBreach Online, and its developer (HullBreach Studios) has bold plans for the scope that it'll offer. It'll have all 576 sectors of its online predecessor, except with fully-realised 3D visuals and expanded gameplay including combat — the studio's lead developer Daniel Gump told us in an interview that the studio hopes it "will give reason to go back to the console day after day".

It's not low on ambition, in that case, and in recent weeks the studio has been gradually releasing screens of ships, and most recently a 10 second clip showing a burst to warp speed. The studio's Randy Freer has now given us an early link to a full video that shows over a minute of direct feed footage of the game in action. Its self-explanatory title is "The Locations of HullBreach", and gives a glimpse of familiar and unfamiliar planets included in the game's universe.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Looks like decent environments but I did not play the first so I have no idea if there will be lots of ships, etc.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

I'm extremely curious, but I Hope there are gonna be big space battles, Star Wars and not just flying around doing nothing lol

ToniK

ToniK said:

I want this. Actually I'd prefer more exploration-based approach and calm atmosphere. I don't know a single thing about the original so I'm clueless for that matter :P

meatbinbanquet

meatbinbanquet said:

if its anything like frontier then there may be issues.....I have lost years of my life to that game. Will be keeping an eye on this

Mommar

Mommar said:

Based on this footage alone it doesn't look like a game I'd want to play. I hope they flesh out some gameplay, and improve the visuals

MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor said:

@Mommar They started dev in January this year and I think that the game won't be out till fall/winter , so there is still a lot of time to improve those things.

arkady77

arkady77 said:

i have no idea what kind of gameplay will be involved but what i do know is that is some of the worst graphics i have ever seen

CthulhiGames

CthulhiGames said:

Pretty sure that the ship is not complete yet, they were just showing off the backgrounds and worlds.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

A Wii Browser Based MMORPG with ships and space exploration, and I haven't heard of it? This looks like it could be awesome but... wth is Neptune? I know Pluto isn't a planet anymore but surely Neptune...

edit Ohhhh. I do remember looking into Hullbreach Online a few years back, it was far too confusing for me to enjoy then. Maybe I'll give Uncloaked a try once I see more gameplay.