Internal Invasion Blasting Onto the Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Uses Construct 2 and the Nintendo Web Framework

In recent weeks and months we've seen a growing number of download games confirmed for the Wii U eShop, either utilising Unity or Nintendo Web Framework tools that help developers bring their games to the system with as little cost as possible. The Web Framework, which supports code such as HTML5 and Javascript, has also been gaining traction with external development tools, including the relatively recent news that Construct 2 has introduced a Wii U exporting tool.

An early benefit of that tool is on the way from Bear Box Media, with Internal Invasion. The studio's Andy Ford has been in touch to reveal some details on the game.

• It's a physics platformer in which you use cannons to control the character
  • You must navigate from cannon to cannon, collecting some pills to help navigate the path
  • There will be 50 levels
  • For the best score you must use as few cannon launches as possible, while clearing the level ahead of the 'par' time
  • The target price is £2.99 / $4.99
  • Aiming to release in the "next couple of months"

You can see some initial footage below, so let us know what you think.

T900Kassem

T900Kassem said:

This game's about taking medicine pills?
The video made me think I was on a different kind of pills.

mrchills

mrchills said:

why have we yet to receive any 64 games? I bought my wii u after reading on the internet that one day n64 games would appear.

Action51

Action51 said:

@mrchills - don't believe everything you read on the internet!

Oddly enough, there was a club Nintendo offer for N64 snowboarding game, "1080" for Wii U. I know GBA games are coming soon, but some N64 love would be nice too.

As far as this game goes...looks okay...a little bland for the art style but the price is reasonable.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Seems like every week a whole line-up of new indie games are announced for Wii U. It's really nice to see support.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

This game looks great.
@mrchills that's a weird reason to buy a Wii U, but even with your infallible implication they won't come to the console, N64 games are playable on Wii U in Wii mode.

brewsky

brewsky said:

@mrchills @Action51 Nintendo has confirmed that N64 games are coming to the Wii U. It's just a matter of when. Personally, I would expect the first releases to come by June.

brewsky

brewsky said:

@Daisaku36 Yet that's why Nintendo is bringing GBA and DS games to the Wii U VC, and refuses to bring SNES and GBA games to the 3DS.

Falchion

Falchion said:

Meh, looks pretty boring. With so many great eshop games coming out, I think i am gonna pass on this one.

faint

faint said:

@mrchills key words "one day" they are coming just like PC engine if you can't wait but them off the wii shop installed on your system

Guybrush20X6

Guybrush20X6 said:

Oooh. Construct 2 is the tool I'm trying to use to make games. I wonder if I can get beyond the stage where I'm trying to figure out what to do.

MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor said:

I like the look of this, even though it looks very much like an iOS game. They should reconsider the price point, because I wouldn't buy it for 5$. Will wait for a sale or price drop.

mrchills

mrchills said:

@daisaku36 if they don't put games on the wii u vc simply because you could access them on the wii, why would they bother putting nes games that are already on the wii vc?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

This looks kinda cute. Reminds me of that Puddle X-ray level, with a dash of Fluidity's art style. (BTW: Fluidity U has to happen.)