Persona Q: Shadow of Labyrinth Website Launched

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Demons and dungeons coming soon!

The Persona Q: Shadow of Labyrinth website opened today, giving us a touch of artwork and info on the upcoming 3DS dungeon crawler as well as a handy place to view the trailer released last month.

At the moment there are a few short character bios for members of the Persona 3 and 4 cast, as well as the all-new characters Rei and Zen, with the promise of more juicy gameplay details and movies in the near future - we'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as something new comes up!

Have you long since finished up Etrian Odyssey IV and are now dying for more 3DS dungeon crawling? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via 4gamer.net]

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

I'm liking the style, never played a persona game(though I've watched the Persona 4 anime)

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

I like the art style but not a fan of it. As long as the core gameplay is the same as 3 & 4 then that is all that matters to me.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

You forgot about Etrain Odyssey Untold!

Anywho this is a no brainer for me. Its been since ps1 since I played a game in the series. Didn't really care for it then but this looks good.

ueI

ueI said:

Well where is the website? You didn't include a link.

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

Didn't beat EOIV or EOU yet because of school, but now that the semester is over, I am going to get my butt in gear, and beat the game.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I'm so incredibly excited for this game. I mean, it's pretty much already guaranteed for localization, since at E3 2010 Atlus announced they were working on a Persona 3DS title. Now I can go to that site and hype all I want! :D Or just go replay Persona 3 and 4...

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@SilentHunter382 When viewing the character videos on the site, it appears the combat has opted for the EO/SMTIV first person style, EXCEPT when characters attack, then you get to see their animations like in the other Persona titles. I think it looks great! Dungeons appear to also use the same mechanics as they always have. I just hope there's a town to walk around (which there probably is, since that's a pretty big part of Persona). I'm just super excited for this game!!!!!

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Also, from what I gather, when you start the game you decide between playing as the protagonist from Persona 3 or 4. So two separate viewpoints to the story will add a nice bit of replayability.. Plus, the music for combat will be different between the two. So... Flipping.... EXCITED...

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

I started playing Persona 4 on the vita yesterday and I already love it so this is definitely on my radar now.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

I hope its not a pure dungeon crawler and have at least some of the characteristic persona story telling charm, if it does I'll buy...

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Im so offended that the most of the Nintendo gamers dont pay attention to this game. Persona is really really good. Heck, im buying a 3DS XL for this ( My 3ds is with retirement)

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@MasterWario If you have a PS2 (or a PS3 that is backwards compatible), you should definitely hunt down a copy of Persona 3 (or 4... 4 seems to be the more popular of the two, but I personally think 3 is a bit more of a hardcore JRPG, since it involves setting your own pace, but if you don't pace properly you get ruined in boss battles that get sprung on you... I mean, both are paced brilliantly, I just feel Persona 3 is more rewarding and difficult). It's a spin-off to Shin Megami Tensei, but it's a GREAT spin-off... The music is so good I own the live band album and "reincarnation" albums of music from P3/4... And I rock out to em in the car! I can't sing enough praises for the series.

Jorzha

Jorzha said:

I hope this is not just a dungeon crawler. one of my favorite thing about persona 4 was the character interaction and the school activities and the story.

archlord

archlord said:

@Sanquine you shouldn't be offended. Most people weren't aware of the MegaTen games before Personal 3. Persona 1 and 2 don't get the credit they deserve.

thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ said:

Still working on Untold and SMT IV but this will definitely be a day one purchase for me.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@Jorzha Thats kinda how Persona is... Learning People skills and crawling them dungeons :) It wouldn't be Persona without that.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@archlord They really should get more recognition, they are awesome! I was introduced to SMT with Nocturne, then found Persona 3 a little later...

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@ferthepoet Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Persona 4. I love the games as a whole, I just feel a little more attached to P3 since it was my first Persona title.

archlord

archlord said:

@B3ND3R that's awesome. My first was Revelations: Persona and then Revelations: the Demon Slayer. Being my favorite game is Earthbound, discovering Persona not long after was awesome. The modern day setting and horror-like atmosphere really drew me in.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@archlord yeah, the games are just so unique and loveable. :) Nocturne just blew me away with it's concepts, story, and combat! Then Persona 3 blew me away with it's dark and mature story/theme and extremely upbeat and happy music :D I love all the SMT universe, it's just so diverse and awesome.