EDGE to Roll Its Way Onto the 3DS eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Published by Two Tribes, ported by Cosmigo

EDGE arrives on the Wii U eShop in North America and Europe today, the second entry in the Two Tribes Classics series of low-prices releases. We're big fans, too, awarding it 9/10 in our review. Publisher Two Tribes has now confirmed that the title will also be making its way the 3DS eShop, soon, providing all of the same content on the go.

The port is being handled by Cosmigo, a studio that's got a number of card-based DSiWare titles under its belt. It'll feature the same number of levels, utilising the bottom screen for the map that, on the Wii U, appears in the corner of the main screen; with a simple visual style, we also hope it'll sustain a rock-solid framerate to boot.

A title popular on smartphones, this should be well worth consideration with the added benefits of the Circle Pad and D-Pad. It's due soon, though with no fixed date yet, so are you interested in picking this up?

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow, awesome! Though I think I'll stick with the Wii U eShop version, great for those who want it portably with d-pad/circle pad controls though :)

GuitarAnthony

GuitarAnthony said:

Meh, I've already got this on my PC and my phone and my tablet so i don't see picking this up again. Hoping for a good NES retro release today. Got a bit sucky for a few weeks then BOOM! River City Motherlovin' Ransom!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Just hope they don't somehow screw up the port. Would say its just a simple port but with 3d you never know!

Collo

Collo said:

It runs at a steady framerate and has anti-aliasing in both 2D and 3D modes, making it look very slick!

Goginho

Goginho said:

If cheap enough, sure. What's cheap enough? I don't know, I'll have to find out how much content I'd invest in. Well, I'm off to read the review now then.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

As others have mentioned, if this version receives the same discount the Wii U version has I'll be definitely checking it out. I just hope that the port translates well to the Nintendo 3DS without too many issues.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

I've almost downloaded the iOS version a couple of times, but I'd rather have it on my 3DS so I'll definitely wait for it.

bofis

bofis said:

Hmm, I have this on Steam, but was about to buy it on WiiU, now this is tempting me....if only there were cross-platform purchases and buying it on 3DS gave it to you on WiiU as well and vise versa ;-)

Collo

Collo said:

It's 30fps. It's a good fit because EDGE is a slow moving game overall.