Katy Perry's "Roar" to Be a Free Downloadable Track in Just Dance 2014

Posted by Martin Watts

Eye of the tiger

Ubisoft has announced that Katy Perry's latest single, Roar, will be available as a free downloadable track when Just Dance 2014 releases over the next couple of weeks.

Scheduled to launch 4th October in the UK and 8th October in the US, the latest instalment in the popular dancing series will feature more than 45 chart-topping hits, including songs by Lady Gaga, Robin Thicke, Daft Punk and Nicki Minaj. The game will be available on both Wii and Wii U, with the free downloadable song being available for both systems.

Will you be embracing your inner animal and getting this track along with Just Dance 2014? Give us a mighty roar in the comments section if so.

Squashy

Squashy said:

I'll try to contain my excitement. Seeing as this one's called Just Dance 2014 rather than Just Dance 5, does that mean there's going to be one every year? AHHHHHHHHHH

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@Burning_Spear : It's also available on the original Wii, as well as PS3/PS4/360/1, so I doubt that this game would be moving hardware by any stretch.

It would, however, be cool if Ubisoft took full advantage of the gamepad and put together a Wii U exclusive Just Dance game titled Just Dance U which would allow players to use songs from their music library and customise their own choreographies and dancers. I don't play the Just Dance games, but even I would be all over something like that.

The only problem with such a game is the fact that online sharing of the custom-made choreographies would be legally problematic unless Ubisoft either provided the songs themselves on-disc or via a DLC library.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

Yay! I'm glad they're including it, and I'm surprised they're giving it away for free.

DStroke

DStroke said:

@sillygostly I think they actually do have some GamePad functionality with choosing the next song in multiplayer while dancing and stuff like that.

I don't get why they didn't add it in the game from the beginning, or does 46 songs sound bad :D

Mahe

Mahe said:

"Fireworks" by Katy Perry in Just Dance 2 was pretty great, hope this one will be too.