XSEED Admits That Chances Of It Localising Medabots: Dual Are Slim

Posted by Damien McFerran

"We don’t have anyone here familiar with that series"

Publisher XSEED has admitted that it won't be bringing Medabots: Dual to the west. The news follows Natsume's admission that the previous game in the series, Medabots 7, also won't be making the jump from Japan to North America and Europe.

When asked about Medabots: Dual on its Facebook page, XSEED replied:

Sorry, but not likely. We don’t have anyone here familiar with that series, so without an in-house “cheerleader” stubbornly withholding the office Dragonball-themed cookies until everyone else caves, the series will never be put up to a vote, much less approved.

Were you hoping to see the game in the west? Are you hoping that another publisher will pick up the title? Let us know by posting a comment below.

[via m.facebook.com, nintendoeverything.com]

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I must have been a fan of the show at one point, even if I don't remember it because I have trading cards of this anime, and I don't know why.
Rock pops were one hell of a candy back then.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

And they made a good choice. Only one comment in an hour. Even if the one comment isn't legit! :-P

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Too bad, oh well. I'd only really want another RPG one anyhow. I should go play the GBA RPGs again.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Oh how region locking mocks us!, I'm pretty sure I use to watch the show or something, but that was a long time ago....might just end up watching a episode or two to see if it is good

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

I watched the anime. It was a bit weird, but I liked it... Until I couldn't find it anymore. Now I can't stand hearing that a(nother) game is prevented from coming over.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

OH! I remember Medabots! I played with those a lot when I was little! Shame I won't be able to get reacquainted with them. :/

Rafx

Rafx said:

Dang, was gonna buy this if it did make it here. I remeber playing the crap outta the GBA game.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I had been waiting for something like this (in the US ) since RObo Arena. I'd buy it...