Pokémon Getting Its Own Trade Show In Japan This Summer

Posted by Orla Madden

Too big for Tokyo Game Show

One of Nintendo's biggest franchises is deserving of its own trade show; naturally dubbed Pokémon Game Show, the event is set to be hosted at Tokyo Big Sight on the 17th and 18th of August this year.

Those who attend the venue will get a chance to play the hotly anticipated Pokémon X & Y for the first time, and get a glimpse of arcade title Pokémon Tretta Lab and the Pokémon Trading Card Game.

Earlier this month, fresh details on the new generation of 'mon and its features were given at the Pokémon X & Y Developer Roundtable at E3, along with some new 'mon, and new battles and a gym leader.

The Pokémon Company will reveal more information about the event at some stage next month. We can expect to hear more details about these upcoming games in the series at the show in August. Pokémon X & Y is scheduled for global release on the 12th October this year.

[via siliconera.com]

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Of course Japan still gets to experience the game first even though this game is getting a worldwide release.

Gioku

Gioku said:

Maybe some new info will be released along with it? Any X&Y updates are good updates! :)

Luis_Gimpy

Luis_Gimpy said:

@xerox 23 here and excited to play Poke'mon again. It has come a long way and am glad I stopped playing so I can now enjoy this excellent tittle. I have to buy a 3DS XL.

micronean

micronean said:

Oh Wow! Tokyo Big Sight is in the middle of a big tourist complex on Tokyo bay. That place is already full of weekenders walking about. The building itself is obviously smaller than the hall that the TGS uses, but access, proximity to the center of Tokyo, and popularity as a tourist attraction--and pokemon--is going to make this event explode!

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@Orla Madden Your caption for the picture I think should say "A first chance to go hands on". It currently has "change" instead of "chance".

Too bad I'm not going to Tokyo anytime soon.

ValentineMeikin

ValentineMeikin said:

@Ernest_The_Crab My caption for the image is 'Snuggle Wars - Battle of the d'aww cute!'

Still, yes, as said by several people, Japan get a hands-on a month early, but it's not a massive several month period like normal.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Maybe, just maybe, the rest of the world will get a similar event around the same time? God I hope so. I can't wait for this game!