Art Academy Title In Development For Wii U

Posted by Andy Green

An app will be made available this Summer too

Inspired by the amount of fantastic artwork found on the Miiverse, Nintendo has announced it will be bringing Art Academy to Wii U.

During its E3 presentation, Nintendo confirmed an Art Academy app will be released ahead of the game's launch that will make certain features available so Wii U users can create drawings and show them off on Miiverse.

The downloadable software will be available this Summer, while the full game is still in development and a release date is unknown.

It's not known how much the app will cost either, but it's sure to jazz up those already brilliant drawings found on Miiverse.

What are your thoughts on an Art Academy title on Wii U? Let us know in the comment section below.

ScorpionMG

ScorpionMG said:

i think this app will be great! there are so many good drawings on miiverse! this will open and brighten up the miiverse :P

Xilef

Xilef said:

'been thinking about getting the previous installments but never did. Might finally pick this one up.

3DGamerDude

3DGamerDude said:

Meh. I got the original DSi game for free off Club Nintendo a while back. I didn't care much for it. I think I'll just stick with Colors 3D.

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

As an artist myself, pretty pumped about this title! Probably more than a couple of the games.

iphys

iphys said:

I'm no artist, but I'm looking forward to seeing the miiverse postings.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I think this will be pretty awesome. Miiverse is becoming as much an art community as a gaming one. Imagine how cool it would be to see Flipnote Studio incorporated into Miiverse as well??

Phle

Phle said:

This made me really interested. I'm getting this, seems just perfect for me. I quit drawing because I can't do it at home anymore. That's because my cat's wants to help out a little too much (my Devon Rexes likes to "help" me with everything). So now, I never draw anymore other than on my 3DS. Soon I'll be drawing on my Wii U as well (^_^)

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Good news, even though I don't have a Wii U. I prefer Art Academy a lot more than Colours 3D! I can't even remember the last time I used Colours 3D!