Video: Latest Japan-Only Nintendo Direct Features Plenty of Capcom 3DS Goodness

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Monster Hunter 4 and new Ace Attorney 5 on show

As you may have been aware, Satoru Iwata has today hosted a special Nintendo Direct broadcast for the Japanese market, with a specific focus on two upcoming Capcom 3DS titles — Monster Hunter 4 and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies.

Naturally a lot of the detail will pass you by if you don't speak Japanese, but there's nevertheless plenty of lovely footage to enjoy, while we already know that the latest Ace Attorney title will arrive in the West as an eShop exclusive later this year. As for Monster Hunter 4, we can only hope at this stage.

You can check out the full video below, and we'll pick up any particularly important details and report them on the front page. Enjoy!

Related Games

Beta

Beta said:

A new Iwata meme is upon us! ^
Anyway, I can't describe the hype for this! 8D Somehow, I just forgot all about the digital-only dilemma <3 Hope that it sells well so we could get future games! ^_^ Oh, and I hope the English version is fully voice-acted like the Japanese one. (An option to change it the voices to Japanese would be some sweet icing on the cake)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

"Monster Hunter 4" is very impressive, I hope they end up making a Wii U version down the line.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

dang monster hunter 4 looks awesome. hope MH3 sold enough in the west to warrant a western release. I love MH!

Owlynator

Owlynator said:

In a few months I'll start learning Japanese and then I'll know everything Mr. Iwata says! >:D But then reality hits me and I understand that it's not that easy. Oh well.

But I gotta say, I love Capcom's games. The company itself is just a little... greedy.

Porky

Porky said:

I saw Pearl Fey and Klavier Gavin in that Phoenix Wright 5 video! :D

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

That is a great Attorney Iwata depiction. I don't object to that!

For now on, that picture should be used for any articles about Nintendo defending against suing.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

Ace Attorney 5 is a pre-order buy for me... That looks as epic as it can to be! And the ending of the trailer was the best thing O____O

BrightBeing

BrightBeing said:

Is it just me, or does the music in the new AA5 trailer sound more orchestrated and less synthetic than the last trailer?

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@Darel Ace Attorney 5 is eShop only in NA and EU. Not enough sales in previous DS games to warrent a retail release.

Phle

Phle said:

Aw, I can't wait for Ace Attorney 5. Looks like it's going to be good.

bunnyking

bunnyking said:

Monster Hunter 4 looks really awesome, I hope they release it here in the west on the Wii U.

KongFu

KongFu said:

Does anyone know where I can find a subtitled version of this direct?