Swords & Soldiers 3D Arriving In The North American 3DS eShop Next Week

Posted by Andy Green

Ready for battle

Last week we caught a glimpse of CIRCLE Entertainment's upcoming strategy title Swords & Soldiers 3D and North Americans won't have to wait much longer for it to be released as it'll be arriving next week.

The game is a port of a 2009 WiiWare title, which was developed by Ronimo Games. Naturally, this adaptation will harness the use of 3D and uses the touch screen to replace the pointer controls found on the Wii version.

CIRCLE Entertainment has revealed on Twitter that Swords & Soldiers will be in the North American 3DS eShop on 16th May:

Have a look at the trailer below if you haven't already and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

[via twitter.com]

KAHN

KAHN said:

looks fun, i just wish the WiiUeShop got a little bit more love though.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I loved the original! Had no clue why were bringing it to the 3DS, I thought they had taken their IP to other platforms for good. I would certainly love to see more Ronimo support on current Nintendo hardware.

Kifa

Kifa said:

So they are really trying to release it onto every platform imaginable? Great...

If I was to buy it again (I had it on my PS3 before I sold it a few years back), I'd still get the WiiWare version because of local multiplayer...

rjejr

rjejr said:

Does this have multiplayer? We'll buy it for $10 w/ local DL multiplayer.

accc

accc said:

That gameplay video looked horribly sluggish and choppy. People need to stop trying to port Wii games to the 3DS if the 3DS isn't capable of running them acceptably.

Highlar

Highlar said:

Nothing I have read about this game...anywhere...says anything about any kind of multiplayer on this version. So no...I won't be buying. I have it on my Wii (now Wii U, of course). The multiplayer is what made this game fantastic...one on one battles to the death!

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

I'll pick this one up, along with The Starship Damrey and Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles on Thursday! :)

Yasume

Yasume said:

The WiiWare version is amazing. I would have picked it up if it had some new content.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Why do you say it's coming out next week wouldn't that imply the 23rd, the 16th is this week Sundays the first day of the week?

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

@HeroOfCybertron In continental Europe the week starts on Monday. Andy is british so I suppose it's the same way in the islands.

Now that I think about it, in all christian countries the week endson Sunday. The seventh day He had a rest (or however it is said in english).

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

This game is quality. I think the touch screen will work really well too. I kind of hope they put it on Vita. But if you haven't played it yet I would pick it up.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Haven't played this yet. I might pick it up when the releases slow down. As it stands, my money is going toward Starship Damrey next week.